Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next Year?s Rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Howland is lost, can’t coach and needs to be replaced...
    Yep ... he sux **

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    No one ever said that we think he will be gifted a starting role. You made a statement that you think he will get 8/9 minutes next year which means you don't think he will make much of an impact next year. Multiple people disagreed and said that he will have a large impact next year and play a lot, especially since he is talented enough to be a McD's All-american.
    Saying he's 8th-9th man isn't meant to be a knock on Perry it's meant to be a compliment towards the other 8 guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good. I think we are top 3 in sec and elite 8 as long as he comes back
    Fify

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Howland is lost, can?t coach and needs to be replaced...
    What a has been*****

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Saying he's 8th-9th man isn't meant to be a knock on Perry it's meant to be a compliment towards the other 8 guys
    Not saying it's a knock, but you are clearly undervaluing him. You are talking about a team that didn't even make the big dance. We aren't Kansas filled with 5 star talents. On paper, he is hands down our most talented player, as he was rated one of the top 24 players in the country coming out this year. Kegler and Malik underachieved based on our expectations, but both averaged over 10 points a game their freshmen years. We had 3 people do that this year. I'm not looking up numbers or anything, but I would guess that Mcdonald's All-Americans start 90+% of the time their freshman year. So for us to assume he will be a big piece of our puzzle next year is just logical.

Banned
    vCash
    Not saying it's a knock, but you are clearly undervaluing him. You are talking about a team that didn't even make the big dance. We aren't Kansas filled with 5 star talents. On paper, he is hands down our most talented player, as he was rated one of the top 24 players in the country coming out this year. Kegler and Malik underachieved based on our expectations, but both averaged over 10 points a game their freshmen years. We had 3 people do that this year. I'm not looking up numbers or anything, but I would guess that Mcdonald's All-Americans start 90+% of the time their freshman year. So for us to assume he will be a big piece of our puzzle next year is just logical.
    History tells me to undervalue the 5* Southern basketball player. Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services. I hope Perry is the 3rd one to be rated correctly. I need to watch some of his games.

vCash
    History tells me to undervalue the 5* Southern basketball player. Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services. I hope Perry is the 3rd one to be rated correctly. I need to watch some of his games.
    Sexton, Duval, Knox, Carter, Vanderbilt, Washington. Just 6 of the top 20 players last year all from the south who lived up to expectations.

Harry Giles, De'Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, just to name a few from the year before.

You are just really reaching at this point.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services.
    Collin Sexton
    Wendell Carter
    Malik Monk
    Jaylen Brown
    Bobby Portis

That's not even counting guys from Florida & Texas.

Banned
    vCash
    Sexton, Duval, Knox, Carter, Vanderbilt, Washington. Just 6 of the top 20 players last year all from the south who lived up to expectations.

Harry Giles, De'Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, just to name a few from the year before.

You are just really reaching at this point.
    You're saying there hasn't been a lot of overrated players from the South?

vCash
    You're saying there hasn't been a lot of overrated players from the South?
    You just changing arguments for the heck of it? Or because you've been proven wrong and are just trying to get some sort of "victory"?

Banned
    vCash
    You just changing arguments for the heck of it? Or because you've been proven wrong and are just trying to get some sort of "victory"?
    I haven't changed arguments. The Southern basketball player has been proven to be overrated. Congratulations on finding some from the last two classes that weren't. I am skeptical of all 5* players till I see them on the court in maroon & white. We don't have to go farther than our own history to know that to be true. You don't have to google top 100 players to try to counter the argument. You have deemed a high school player good enough to start right away. I want him to prove it first. Argument hasn't changed one bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Starting 5 Lamar Nick Q Perry Ado

Nick backup PG Tyson backup 2 Xay/Woodard backup 3 Holman backup 4 Jethro backup 5
    ^^^^^this all Day long. Holman likes the 6th man position. Woodard will also be ready to play.

vCash
    I haven't changed arguments. The Southern basketball player has been proven to be overrated. Congratulations on finding some from the last two classes that weren't. I am skeptical of all 5* players till I see them on the court in maroon & white. We don't have to go farther than our own history to know that to be true. You don't have to google top 100 players to try to counter the argument. You have deemed a high school player good enough to start right away. I want him to prove it first. Argument hasn't changed one bit.
    What in the heck

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    What in the heck
    What you forget about all the Devonta Pollards and Fred Thomas's of the world all of a sudden now too?

vCash
    What you forget about all the Devonta Pollards and Fred Thomas's of the world all of a sudden now too?
    Are you comparing Fred Thomas to the hype of Reggie Perry?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Are you comparing Fred Thomas to the hype of Reggie Perry?
    I am comparing Malik Newman hype to Perry. Newman hype was ten times that of Perry.

vCash
    I am comparing Malik Newman hype to Perry. Newman hype was ten times that of Perry.
    Didn’t you just say Fred Thomas? He wasn’t a five star talent, or supposed to be a star.

Banned
    vCash
    Didn’t you just say Fred Thomas? He wasn’t a five star talent, or supposed to be a star.
    I did say Fred Thomas. We've had very few 5* in our history. Fred Thomas was a 4* player. He was highly thought of coming outta high school.

vCash
    I did say Fred Thomas. We've had very few 5* in our history. Fred Thomas was a 4* player. He was highly thought of coming outta high school.
    Really? Could’ve swore he was a 3*

Banned
    vCash
    Really? Could’ve swore he was a 3*
    Pick another player if you like there isn't a shortage of players that haven't panned out