Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year?s Rotation

vCash

Next Year?s Rotation

Let’s see what we can come up with. I know a lot of us have different opinions. This is assuming every major contributer comes back.
    Starting 5- Lamar, Spoons, Ado, X.
    2 players with 6th man minutes- Holman, Perry.
    Big time role players- Tyson, Woodard
    Small role players- Feazell, Jethro, Eli Wright
    I think that covers everybody. This is assuming DJ Stewart redshirts.

I want Perry to start, but I’m all for X starting, if he’s all in 100%.
    Does this sound about right?
    Last edited by Bulldog1; 03-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    So is Eli gone for sure? I would think so just to get more minutes somewhere else. I like the way he plays, he isn't great at any one thing but is good all around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So is Eli gone for sure? I would think so just to get more minutes somewhere else. I like the way he plays, he isn't great at any one thing but is good all around.
    It’s likely he transfers. I just forgot to put him in rotation. I’ll fix it

vCash
    Gotta start Holman...

vCash
    Peters
    Spoon
    Q
    Holman
    Ado

Perry, the juco guy, and Feazell rotating inside
    Woodard, Tyson, and Wright rotating at the 2 and 3
    Nick playing back-up PG

X grad transfers somewhere hopefully because there is nowhere for him to get minutes. Datcher to Delta State or North Alabama
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Peters
    Spoon
    Q
    Holman
    Ado

Perry, the juco guy, and Feazell rotating inside
    Woodard, Tyson, and Wright rotating at the 2 and 3
    Nick playing back-up PG

X grad transfers somewhere hopefully because there is nowhere for him to get minutes. Datcher to Delta State or North Alabama
    We dont need X or Wright to transfer IMO. They arent back breaking losses but those would be losses. X is a difference maker when hes hot and an asshole when hes not.

Eli helped us down the stretch. Made several plays to beat USCe

Banned
    vCash
    Each game we continue to play at this high level reassures me our starting 5 next year is...

Peters
    Nick
    Q
    X
    Ado

Holman and Carter will both get 6th man minutes and Eli/Perry will be the 8/9 guys. Tsish/Feazell/Woodard/Stewart are going to get scraps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Gotta start Holman...
    Personally, I think he plays better off the bench. According to his comments, he likes it better too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Personally, I think he plays better off the bench. According to his comments, he likes it better too.
    Start Holman when X is being a dick and start X when he is hot

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Each game we continue to play at this high level reassures me our starting 5 next year is...

Peters
    Nick
    Q
    X
    Ado

Holman and Carter will both get 6th man minutes and Eli/Perry will be the 8/9 guys. Tsish/Feazell/Woodard/Stewart are going to get scraps
    A 5-star McDonald's AA doesn't get 8/9 minutes. He will be arguably our most talented player on the roster next year.

vCash
    Holman, is better coming off the bench. Helps Him with fouls. I think Perry Starts. I hope Ado works on posting up and accepting the entry pass. I hope He learns to slow down and protect the ball.He is a big man but he still needs to learn how to block out. I have to remember he has only played BB for 4 years, I think. If he could develop a knack for moving to the off side when we shoot He could get way more rebounds. Too many times He gets worked under the goal. In my opinion he plays too straight up, he needs wider and lower with his ass on the opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    A 5-star McDonald's AA doesn't get 8/9 minutes. He will be arguably our most talented player on the roster next year.
    agree--Perry will start before the season is over--maybe from Day 1. Don't forget about Woodard--he will also be a factor.

vCash
    We also arent bringing in a juco to get scrap minutes
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think you guys are selling Perry way short. He's incredibly talented and fills a role we don't have. I think he starts by SEC play.

vCash
    This right here

vCash
    Y?all are smoking rocks if you think Holman, a 4 year senior, won?t be starting. He?s also a very good player.

I think X is tricking everyone with his NIT play. I don?t think he?s one of our top 6 players and frankly would be my pick to sacrifice minutes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Y?all are smoking rocks if you think Holman, a 4 year senior, won?t be starting. He?s also a very good player.

I think X is tricking everyone with his NIT play. I don?t think he?s one of our top 6 players and frankly would be my pick to sacrifice minutes from.
    He is better off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We also arent bringing in a juco to get scrap minutes
    He’ll come in when Ado gets in foul trouble and to give him rest

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Starting 5 Lamar Nick Q Perry Ado

Nick backup PG Tyson backup 2 Xay/Woodard backup 3 Holman backup 4 Jethro backup 5

Banned
    vCash
    We'll see how much Howland has learned from Newman & Kegler with Perry. If Perry is as good as you say/think he is he'll earn his way into the starting five with his play but he's not starting the year in the starting 5. He's got work to do in front of his team on the court to warrant being above the 8/9th man right now. Nobody gives a shit in the locker room he's a 5* AA once he puts on our jersey. You think Holman, Carter, Eli and X are cool with giving up their minutes to him right away? He has to earn those minutes. Perry is 9th man right now. Let's see how fast he'll climb.