Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It?s fun to watch.....

vCash
    The team's performance last night was what we have waited on for years. It's the way basketball should be played and I loved it. If we had been OAD at the NCAA we would have never seen that performance and as a fan that would have been a shame. The team now has a shot at a championship and that in itself is a big morale booster in my book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Agreed. But competitors want to compete and winners want to win. So I want to win the damn thing. I hated reading all the message board posts after we beat Baylor about how we had no chance against Louisville. People already marking that game down as a loss proved ridiculous. I want to win them all. So I'm all in on wanting to go to New York City and winning an NIT championship. It's not a National Championship, but it's still a championship of the particular tournament that we entered. At this point, our only 2 options are to win it or to lose it. So we might as well try to win it.
    This guy/girl gets it. Need more attitudes like this

vCash
    I can assure you that had anyone been sitting in the Yum Center last night they wouldn?t be minimizing the value of the NIT. That was by far the loudest crowd in a hostile environment that I have ever experienced. 22,900 Louisville fans and they were on their feet for 3 1/2 quarters. I was sitting behind our bench and to watch the players interact during the game demonstrated the maturity and development of this team. Anyone who thinks this is of little or no value in ignorant or naive. What most saw on TV was a small part of the giant step this team has taken.

vCash
    I would say beating Baylor on their home court and beating Louisville on their home court back-to-back is equivalent to winning against slightly better teams (read ncaat teams) on neutral courts. So in essence, this proves we would have held our own in the big dance. Not saying we deserved to be there because our resume didn't, but just that we were a tournament team without the resume.

vCash
    The NIT is a much bigger deal if you make it to NYC which we have.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The NIT doesn't excite me. It's a positive for next season but winning really does nothing more than the extra games and practices. I still expect us to be in the NCAAs next year. That's still my bottom line.
    I will say, it beats watching some home remodel show or the Walking Dead though.
    Translation: Cooterpoot is still upset at the posters on here for some comment made in a women's game thread and will continue to crap/troll on the men's team.

vCash
    It's the NIT. These teams didn't make it. Aside from the 5-10 each year that get automatics and shouldn't be there, these aren't top 50 teams we're beating. Just how it is. I'll watch and be happy each win, but it's still simply practice for next season. It's a participation trophy but you get to improve yourself with the extra practices. How many teams from the NIT final 4 made the NCAA's this year? 1? The team that won it was a one and done team this year (tough matchup with Syracuse). Bakersfield made the final 4 last year. It's not a big deal beyond the practice and extra games. It's basically a low-end bowl game.
    Are we going to tell recruits that we're a NIT team? No. All they're worried about is that damn One Shining Moment video.
    I'm more excited about next year. This year is nothing special even if you win the NIT.

vCash
    It's the NIT. These teams didn't make it. Aside from the 5-10 each year that get automatics and shouldn't be there, these aren't top 50 teams we're beating. Just how it is. I'll watch and be happy each win, but it's still simply practice for next season. It's a participation trophy but you get to improve yourself with the extra practices. How many teams from the NIT final 4 made the NCAA's this year? 1? The team that won it was a one and done team this year (tough matchup with Syracuse). Bakersfield made the final 4 last year. It's not a big deal beyond the practice and extra games. It's basically a low-end bowl game.
    Are we going to tell recruits that we're a NIT team? No. All they're worried about is that damn One Shining Moment video.
    I'm more excited about next year. This year is nothing special even if you win the NIT.
    Obviously you didn't watch much basketball around the country this year with saying some teams in the NIT aren't or weren't worthy of the Ncaa. Teams like Msu, Baylor and Louisville have a little harder road ahead of them they say team who wins the a title at a mid major school. Yes our pre season losses and schedule hurt our chances, but to think the NIT isn't important to you well why comment or try to bring down a positive with our program.
    Me being an ex basketball Coach will tell you as would every Coach I know that this is real important (NIT). I suppose you will be against hanging a banner IF we win this thing? Our present history sucks and maybe this is the start to changing things!

Banned
    vCash
    Keep deflecting. I really don't feel like searching through 1,787 posts to discover when exactly you got salty towards everyone on this board over a post made in a women's game thread. I hope you can recover from it. It's been months now.

vCash
    This is the real truth. It's good for us but it's the NIT. Don't go all NIT Champsburg about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Keep deflecting. I really don't feel like searching through 1,787 posts to discover when exactly you got salty towards everyone on this board over a post made in a women's game thread. I hope you can recover from it. It's been months now.
    I think you should go Stephen Hawking and search the universe for it. He would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This is the real truth. It's good for us but it's the NIT. Don't go all NIT Champsburg about it.
    Liver, I love your passion overall for Msu, but dude you are so wrong about Msu playing in the NIT. I'm kinda shocked with your reaction about us playing in the Garden and the exposure we will get. We aren't a basketball rich traditional school, this is a big deal such as us playing in a non New Year's bowl game in football after many losing seasons. Expectations for basketball haven't been very good over the years. How you can't be excited and down grading the program is disgusting to me. You can do better, or I hope you can.

Don't attend when we raise the NIT Championship Banner at the Hump, you will be disappointed, LOL!

Banned
    vCash
    I think you should go Stephen Hawking and search the universe for it. He would.

vCash
    Btw, didn't realize that the butt whipping we gave Louisville last night was the worse margin of defeat in their history at the Yum Center. That is amazing in itself with their history.

vCash
    This is a perfect example of someone who doesn’t understand the process of building a winning program and is only focused on today. You acknowledge the value of the extra practices, but then minimize what that means to the program’s development. If you can’t see what this participation trophy has done for the confidence and team chemistry, then you simply don’t know what it takes to build a program. Go tell anyone on the team or any of the coaches thus doesn’t mean anything...

As for recruits, check Robert Woodward’s tweets if you think it doesn’t mean anything to them.

Or you could continue with the same negative BS you have spewed all year about thus team all year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Or you could continue with the same negative BS you have spewed all year about thus team all year.
    He's trolling and has been for awhile now but I am gonna solve the case of the Cooterpoot troll. I know it's got something to do with the women's team. Maybe one too many Titty Dawgs comments or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Liver, I love your passion overall for Msu, but dude you are so wrong about Msu playing in the NIT. I'm kinda shocked with your reaction about us playing in the Garden and the exposure we will get. We aren't a basketball rich traditional school, this is a big deal such as us playing in a non New Year's bowl game in football after many losing seasons. Expectations for basketball haven't been very good over the years. How you can't be excited and down grading the program is disgusting to me. You can do better, or I hope you can.

Don't attend when we raise the NIT Championship Banner at the Hump, you will be disappointed, LOL!
    You raise the banner, but you don't go crazy over it and you don't read too much into it. No matter how you slice it you are still playing other teams that didn't get into the real tournament. It's a great experience for the team and the extra practice is very valuable. Just don't carried away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He's trolling and has been for awhile now but I am gonna solve the case of the Cooterpoot troll. I know it's got something to do with the women's team. Maybe one too many Titty Dawgs comments or something.
    You know 61, just because someone doesn't see things the way you do it doesn't make them a troll. That's an assumption you seem to make quite often.

vCash
    You raise the banner, but you don't go crazy over it and you don't read too much into it. No matter how you slice it you are still playing other teams that didn't get into the real tournament. It's a great experience for the team and the extra practice is very valuable. Just don't carried away.
    Carried away? I read a few comments from the players as well as recruits, seemed they are "carried away"! LOL

How many Ncaa tournaments do you think we have attended, also look at how many NIT tournaments we have attended, even less. We needed this run way more so than one and done in the Ncaa. At least we get exposure and folks are still talking basketball.

Banned
    vCash
    You know 61, just because someone doesn't see things the way you do it doesn't make them a troll. That's an assumption you seem to make quite often.
    It's an assumption I have made quite often towards you Liverpool as this thread now turns into debating you over and over on how you are in fact trolly in your ways