Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It?s fun to watch.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Nope, you are arguing with what you said I said. That isn't arguing with me. Lol.
    I put your direct quote in my post. How much more direct can it get.

vCash
    Just for clarity for some who can't understand non-literal non-explicitly stated thinking.......there are 36 at large berths. There 32 automatics, some of which go to teams that would get at large berths if they hadn't made it. You can reasonably assume that at least 40-45 or so best teams in the country are in the Dance. They therefore aren't in the NIT. Therefore the level of competition in the NCAA is much higher than that provided by the lessor teams in the NIT. Facts are facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I put your direct quote in my post. How much more direct can it get.
    You evidently can't comprehend the meaning.

vCash
    Just for clarity for some who can't understand non-literal non-explicitly stated thinking.......there are 36 at large berths. There 32 automatics, some of which go to teams that would get at large berths if they hadn't made it. You can reasonably assume that at least 40-45 or so best teams in the country are in the Dance. They therefore aren't in the NIT. Therefore the level of competition in the NCAA is much higher than that provided by the lessor teams in the NIT. Facts are facts.
    The 3 teams we have played are not equivalent to Miami Ohio football. Why can’t you agree with that.

vCash
    Liver, why don't you just step back and let most of us enjoy a rare moment for Msu basketball history. You are way out of line saying the NIT isn't important or a big deal. Tell you what, if Ben Howland and the players say or think like you I will apologize for enjoying the moment.

Find another fight to pick. Geez

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Liver, why don't you just step back and let most of us enjoy a rare moment for Msu basketball history. You are way out of line saying the NIT isn't important or a big deal. Tell you what, if Ben Howland and the players say or think like you I will apologize for enjoying the moment.

Find another fight to pick. Geez
    I hope they do think like me. This is fun, I really want to win it, it's really good for the team, celebrate it a little bit if we win it, but it isn't where I want us to be. I don't think it is where they want to be either. I'd be really surprised if they don't think like I do here. Last post here, I voiced my opinion. I just don't want to see NIT Champsburg in any fashion. Heck I've seen that made fun of a LOT on our boards.

vCash
    I hope they do think like me. This is fun, I really want to win it, it's really good for the team, celebrate it a little bit if we win it, but it isn't where I want us to be. I don't think it is where they want to be either. I'd be really surprised if they don't think like I do here. Last post here, I voiced my opinion. I just don't want to see NIT Champsburg in any fashion. Heck I've seen that made fun of a LOT on our boards.
    We are talking about this year, IF we had any history of tradition by going to the dance I would agree with you. As for as the coaches and players, sure they want to go the dance but I bet they are elated about playing in New York at the Garden. That in itself is a big big deal to any basketball player. Go look at how many dances we have attended, it tells the story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    We are talking about this year, IF we had any history of tradition by going to the dance I would agree with you. As for as the coaches and players, sure they want to go the dance but I bet they are elated about playing in New York at the Garden. That in itself is a big big deal to any basketball player. Go look at how many dances we have attended, it tells the story.
    I talked to most of the players after the game last night and I can tell you they are fired up big time to be going to play at MSG! As are the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    I talked to most of the players after the game last night and I can tell you they are fired up big time to be going to play at MSG! As are the coaches.
    Don't blame them. And I'll bet that few if any have ever been to the Big Apple. It's got to be exciting to play in the most famous venue in the world.

vCash
    We are in the "everybody gets a trophy generation" now. Combine that with the AAU mentality- these guys playing for us are just as happy playing in the NIT as the NCAA's. They are still playing and competing for a trophy- thats all they care about.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Jeez, what a stupid statement. There are too many automatic bids for nobodies for that to ever be true. The fact remains that best teams ARE in the Dance. They are NOT in the NIT.
    Nope! While I love the automatic bids and the Cinderella story every year... the ?BEST? 68 teams ARE NOT represented in the big dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Nope! While I love the automatic bids and the Cinderella story every year... the ?BEST? 68 teams ARE NOT represented in the big dance.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are in the "everybody gets a trophy generation" now. Combine that with the AAU mentality- these guys playing for us are just as happy playing in the NIT as the NCAA's. They are still playing and competing for a trophy- thats all they care about.
    Coach, I don’t get the sense that they are satisfied with the NIT. I think they recognize the process and see it as a stepping stone to where they want to be. I spent some time with Aric’s dad and quickly realized he comes from a high character household.
    Last edited by MCsMGs; 03-21-2018 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    The NIT is all they got this year. They are playing their ass off to win it- thats what I'm saying.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Teams in the NCAA tourney don't play every team in the NCAA tourney so this isn't necessarily a factual statement by you. We have played Nebraska, at Baylor and at Louisville. That's a tougher three game stretch than Kentucky is playing of Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State and our stretch will stay tougher than their's one more game afterwards and potentially two as they face the winner of Ill-Chicago/Nevada and then the final four game vs the highest possible seed left Michigan. We have Penn State and most likely Saint Mary's. So your facts aren't facts. We are playing a tougher schedule than most likely a final four team this year in Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Teams in the NCAA tourney don't play every team in the NCAA tourney so this isn't necessarily a factual statement by you. We have played Nebraska, at Baylor and at Louisville. That's a tougher three game stretch than Kentucky is playing of Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State and our stretch will stay tougher than their's one more game afterwards and potentially two as they face the winner of Ill-Chicago/Nevada and then the final four game vs the highest possible seed left Michigan. We have Penn State and most likely Saint Mary's. So your facts aren't facts. We are playing a tougher schedule than most likely a final four team this year in Kentucky.
    You knocked it out of the park! Hell im gonna give yo ass a rep! LOL

vCash
    Yep. Don’t know what Liverpool can’t understand about this

vCash
    And Kentucky's easy trek through their bracket is all UVa's fault. Well ... partially, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And it's meaningless compared to the trophy won by the NCAA champion. It's a second-tier achievement, hence...participation trophy. It's not the real tournament. It's a tournament for the teams that couldn't make the NCAAs. I don't disagree that you compete to win. But it's still a pretty meaningless trophy at the end of the tournament.
    It's like banging the skank at the bar. You'll probably enjoy the ride, but you won't be bragging about it much. All you can do is say, "we should've been in the real tournament".
    But to each their own. If it tingles your senses, then great. I just don't get anything out of it except something to watch on tv.
    I guess that is where we are different. If it's competition, then I'm going to compete, and I'm going to compete to win. It might be "banging the skank at bar"' but I'm going to make sure it's the best sex she's ever had. When it comes to the NIT, or any other game or tournament, I'm in it to win it. Can't stomach the loser mentality.