Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It?s fun to watch.....

vCash

It?s fun to watch.....

and it?s been a long, long, long time since we have played this well but let?s not go all NIT Champsburg now. Those of you old enough will remember what I?m talking about.

vCash
    The NIT doesn't excite me. It's a positive for next season but winning really does nothing more than the extra games and practices. I still expect us to be in the NCAAs next year. That's still my bottom line.
    I will say, it beats watching some home remodel show or the Walking Dead though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    and it?s been a long, long, long time since we have played this well but let?s not go all NIT Champsburg now. Those of you old enough will remember what I?m talking about.
    It's one of those things you need to keep in context. Be proud that it shows we have made great strides as a program. Don't schedule a Parade or claim it means we coulda/woulda/shoulda in the NCAA tournament.

vCash
    Enjoy the moment, I am.

vCash
    The bigger picture is the important thing here. Meaning, it?s not so much winning the NIT as it is we, hopefully, have turned the corner, matured, and will compete for league title next year

vCash
    Agreed. But competitors want to compete and winners want to win. So I want to win the damn thing. I hated reading all the message board posts after we beat Baylor about how we had no chance against Louisville. People already marking that game down as a loss proved ridiculous. I want to win them all. So I'm all in on wanting to go to New York City and winning an NIT championship. It's not a National Championship, but it's still a championship of the particular tournament that we entered. At this point, our only 2 options are to win it or to lose it. So we might as well try to win it.

vCash
    It’s great for the team but just keep it in perspective. It’s the NIT.

vCash
    I’ve enjoyed the brand of basketball much better with the rule changes. It appears the refs are letting the kids play.

vCash
    You guys are nuts, if you don't think the NIT isn't important to the players and coaches then quit watching and please don't bitch like little babies. If you aren't excited while watching a very young team play some exciting basketball then you aren't real basketball fans much less real Msu fans!

Yeah it pisses me off reading what a few have said, we haven't had much success in men's basketball plus we don't have a bunch of tradition in basketball, please don't post any longer about this team if you aren't fired up!

I love the rules the NIT have applied, it opens up the middle plus moving the 3 point line back, 5 foul per quarter with shooting tow and I love the 20 second shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Enjoy the moment, I am.
    +1

I suppose the crybabies enjoy just finding something negative to think about. Glad Ben Howland didn't leave it up to them to decide whether we play in the NIT.

vCash
    I would rather be OAD in tourney, but I love getting to watch this team play 5 extra games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You guys are nuts, if you don't think the NIT isn't important to the players and coaches then quit watching and please don't bitch like little babies. If you aren't excited while watching a very young team play some exciting basketball then you aren't real basketball fans much less real Msu fans!

Yeah it pisses me off reading what a few have said, we haven't had much success in men's basketball plus we don't have a bunch of tradition in basketball, please don't post any longer about this team if you aren't fired up!

I love the rules the NIT have applied, it opens up the middle plus moving the 3 point line back, 5 foul per quarter with shooting tow and I love the 20 second shot.
    I personally think winning the NIT is a lot more beneficial in the long run than going one and done in the NCAAs. I look at it like the OOC did for our team. We are right now developing as a team for next year's run. Everyone needs to look at the NITs like you would the Gator Bowl. Winning gives us momentum going into the offseason that hopefully translates to next year's team.

Also, this team is the most fun I have had watching Men's basketball in a long time. Just watching Peters develop into a team player is worth the price of admission. The guy was just concentrating on getting to the NBA and the team was suffering for it. Howland sat him down and he finally got his head right. Now we look like we could go toe to toe with anyone in America.

vCash
    This little run is a big positive for the program and gives us some momentum heading into next season. You always want to win the trophy if possible- and that would be great. Bringing back all 5 starters after a run like this does nothing but help us in 2019.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I personally think winning the NIT is a lot more beneficial in the long run than going one and done in the NCAAs. I look at it like the OOC did for our team. We are right now developing as a team for next year's run. Everyone needs to look at the NITs like you would the Gator Bowl. Winning gives us momentum going into the offseason that hopefully translates to next year's team.

Also, this team is the most fun I have had watching Men's basketball in a long time. Just watching Peters develop into a team player is worth the price of admission. The guy was just concentrating on getting to the NBA and the team was suffering for it. Howland sat him down and he finally got his head right. Now we look like we could go toe to toe with anyone in America.
    Exactly, not only watching Peters but seeing Ado developing and Nick becoming a star and maybe this is the most improved team from the beginning of the season that I can remember. They make that extra pass and aren't selfish players which is fun to watch.

vCash
    That was great basketball last night, in front of big hostile crowd. You can enjoy it for the performance that it was, and maybe even more so for what it is a preview of. The MSU team on the floor last night looked like sweet 16 possibility to me.

vCash
    Btw, there was a rebound Ado got, he soared way above the rim in traffic on the offensive end, caught it with one hand came down and went right back up for a dunk! It was a NBA type play, it was the play of the game for me.

vCash
    The NIT makes us one of the few teams that is still playing. Since it's finishing at MSG, I'm pretty sure it will be among "all the news that's fit to print." It's not a national championship, but it means a lot to our program. I'm grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    The NIT makes us one of the few teams that is still playing. Since it's finishing at MSG, I'm pretty sure it will be among "all the news that's fit to print." It's not a national championship, but it means a lot to our program. I'm grateful.
    Definitely finishing in New York will give us some publicity going into next year. If we end up winning the whole thing then I could see us being preseason ranked next year.

vCash
    Also playing in the Garden with the New York Press can't hurt, exposure is a powerful thing.

I hope like hell we hang a banner!

Playing and winning in the NIT isn't important***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The NIT doesn't excite me. It's a positive for next season but winning really does nothing more than the extra games and practices. I still expect us to be in the NCAAs next year. That's still my bottom line.
    I will say, it beats watching some home remodel show or the Walking Dead though.
    Walking Dead was the #1 rated Cable Show at one time. Not sure what it is now. When Fox's Bill OReilly Show was going strong, he was the #1 cable show until The Walking Dead started. He used to joke on-air that maybe he needed to schedule a few zombies on his show to get back to #1. My favorite off-the-wall cable shows are "Moonshiners", "Life Below Zero", "Highway to Hell", and "Cops". Oh well, guess we all have our misspent time shows!!