Thread: We ended the seasons of Nebraska, Baylor, and Louisville...

vCash

We ended the seasons of Nebraska, Baylor, and Louisville...

...plus we are better than half the teams in the sweet 16. This has turned out to be a real positive season, regardless of what happens in NYC. BUT LETS GO WIN THE WHOLE DANG THING BOYS!

Really makes you wonder what we could have done if we made the tournament.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I still say if we had the NIT refs the entire season we may have won the SEC.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I think we'd smoke UVa if we play like tonight. I thought while watching UVa lose other night that, if we play like we CAN play, we'd smoke them. Course I only saw UVa play 1 game but ... they slow and ain't very long. Tall but not long to go with it.

This is the team when we were on that late season winning streak that I thought could win SEC tourney. Then we quit playing D and fell in love with 3 ptrs. Made some 3s but lost overall balance in offense.

If we play like this in NCAA tourney this year ... Sweet 16 is extremely probable IMO.

vCash
    Not many teams could have beaten us tonight.

vCash
    We beat Baylor on a buzzer beater after blowing a 20 pt lead. We lost several games by shooting horribly from 3 and our bigs got dominated in several games. We got screwed by the refs in several games but we also won a couple games at the buzzer against terrible teams. Bottom line is we went 9-9 in conference with a weak ooc. We are where we should be and each of the final 4 of the NIT has the same claim. Build off of this and get better and we won’t have this conversation but at the end of the day.We have no gripes

vCash
    I think as a young team the 10 minute quarters help us too. Allows us to go in shorter spurts and allows Howland to do a little more hands on coaching. I also like the 20 seconds after a missed basket. We are great when we go downhill quickly because of our guard play. Those two changes make us a better team I think.

If the way we are playing now is anywhere close to where this team starts out playing next year, look the hell out. We’ve gone on the road to two NCAA bubble teams and had them both down by 18 points. Biggest home loss for Louisville since 2001.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think as a young team the 10 minute quarters help us too. Allows us to go in shorter spurts and allows Howland to do a little more hands on coaching. I also like the 20 seconds after a missed basket. We are great when we go downhill quickly because of our guard play. Those two changes make us a better team I think.

If the way we are playing now is anywhere close to where this team starts out playing next year, look the hell out. We’ve gone on the road to two NCAA bubble teams and had them both down by 18 points. Biggest home loss for Louisville since 2001.
    Great post