Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two nights in a row, two different ESPN announcers call us Ole Miss...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    It's Mississippi State University. (MSU)

Which comes before

University of Mississippi..... (Ole Miss)

MSU still comes before Ole Miss...

It's simply the Alphabetical order.

Get it right ESPN
    It's not just ESPN. In the SEC Network's listings of logos at the end of the "It just means more", and other ads, we are behind the Ole Miss logo and all other teams are in alphabetical order. What gives? Really tees me off.

vCash
    Showing my age, but I don't think the MState logo helps this situation. Ole Miss started using the upper case M first and then we come along with the M with a banner across it. Bring back the interlocking MSU for Mississippi State University or at least use in some situations. BTW, I have never liked the MState logo ( Class of 77)! Hail State! Hail MSU!

Banned
    vCash
    there is no lack of knowledge on this . they get their rocks off on pissing us off . they've always hated us and they jack off to pissing us off. ole miss sends the check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Showing my age, but I don't think the MState logo helps this situation. Ole Miss started using the upper case M first and then we come along with the M with a banner across it. Bring back the interlocking MSU for Mississippi State University or at least use in some situations. BTW, I have never liked the MState logo ( Class of 77)! Hail State! Hail MSU!
    It would look a whole lot better imo.

Banned
    vCash
    you dumbasses keep thinking it's due to ignorance. you don't have a 17ing clue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    you dumbasses keep thinking it's due to ignorance. you don't have a 17ing clue.
    The media has always had it out for us.

vCash
    Once again, I have always been told there is a nest of UM grads at ESPN. Not in the higher levels but the kind of people that do graphics and announcer prep. This happens so much there is no way it's just ignorance or chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Once again, I have always been told there is a nest of UM grads at ESPN. Not in the higher levels but the kind of people that do graphics and announcer prep. This happens so much there is no way it's just ignorance or chance.
    That would certainly explain a lot.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Holy shit what is the deal? Then they get chubs talking about Kermit, City grocery and the grove. Was surprised they didn?t mention the tailgate chandeliers. I really wish another network would pick up our games. ESPN is terrible on just about all accounts.
    And one of the brackets the NCAA put out listed all our wins as "Mississippi". So it looks like Ole Miss beat Nebraska, Baylor, and Louisville. I once traveled to the upper peninsula in Michigan for a week. Met a couple students from Northern Michigan University and when I told them I graduated from Miss. State......one of them said...."oh...so you're one of those Rebels".

Banned
    vCash
    It's not just ESPN. In the SEC Network's listings of logos at the end of the "It just means more", and other ads, we are behind the Ole Miss logo and all other teams are in alphabetical order. What gives? Really tees me off.
    They don't use the University part when doing it alphabetically

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Doesn't matter. If it's alphabetically, MState (which adds to the mixups), comes before Ole Miss logo, which is what is being used. Now if UNM was just using the word Mississippi, it would alphabetically be b4 Mississippi State or even MState. I cannot figure out any reasson or order being used that "Ole Miss" should come before MState, unless it is their antebellum year of their founding vs. our date of 1878.*** By the way, I think AU is used for Auburn after the bama symbol. We are being put down in order behind the "lagship".
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Doesn't matter. If it's alphabetically, MState (which adds to the mixups), comes before Ole Miss logo, which is what is being used. Now if UNM was just using the word Mississippi, it would alphabetically be b4 Mississippi State or even MState. I cannot figure out any reasson or order being used that "Ole Miss" should come before MState, unless it is their antebellum year of their founding vs. our date of 1878.*** By the way, I think AU is used for Auburn after the bama symbol. We are being put down in order behind the "lagship".
    It's not that serious. They list it alphabetically and are using the Ole Miss logo. They aren't listing it by what logo is used.

vCash
    How does a logo starting with an "O" come alphabetically before a logo starting with a M (MState)? Sorry but I disagree. Every other school is in alphabetical order. JMO, but it has bothered me since the 1st time I saw it. Hail State.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-22-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    How does a logo starting with an "O" come alphabetically before a logo starting with a M (MState)? Sorry but I disagree. Every other school is in alphabetical order. JMO, but it has bothered me since the 1st time I saw it. Hail State.
    I just told you. They aren't listing it alphabetically by the logos. They're listing it alphabetically by the school's name excluding the word university then they are placing the logos so it'd be the same order even if the logo said Zole Miss.

vCash
    Something comes before nothing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Ha. No, never heard that one. Could you expand on the story?
    some outfit that was in charge of getting final 4 hats out to the 4 remaining teams delivered ours and it had Mississippi on it. RW starts getting asked "lack of respect" questions and while answering he pulls out of the hats out and shows the cameras. I think he tossed it on the floor in an angry fashion.

vCash
    In alphabetizing, nothing comes before something. Alabama comes before Alabama A&M comes before Alabama State. Mississippi comes before Mississippi State comes before Mississippi Valley State.

Of course, that means Delta State comes before Jackson State comes before Mississippi.

vCash
    I just told you. They aren't listing it alphabetically by the logos. They're listing it alphabetically by the school's name excluding the word university then they are placing the logos so it'd be the same order even if the logo said Zole Miss.
    I get what you're saying, but I still don't like it. Bring back the interlocking MSU in some shape or form asap. Look at Coach 34's helmet in his posts, best look we have ever had. The UNM "M" and our johnny come lately "M with a State banner" confuse many people outside our state. Hail State!

Banned
    vCash
    I get what you're saying, but I still don't like it. Bring back the interlocking MSU in some shape or form asap. Look at Coach 34's helmet in his posts, best look we have ever had. The UNM "M" and our johnny come lately "M with a State banner" confuse many people outside our state. Hail State!
    Oh I agree. I like the interlocking logo or baseball logo over the M State logo but the one I really don't like on our uniforms is the Mississippi State banner logo. It's too big to be on a jersey. Sorry for thread hijack.

vCash
    Oh I agree. I like the interlocking logo or baseball logo over the M State logo but the one I really don't like on our uniforms is the Mississippi State banner logo. It's too big to be on a jersey. Sorry for thread hijack.
    I'm with you. Didn't we use the MS look on helmets maybe in the days when Rockey played? It would look good again also. Just put them back in rotation on occasion. Afraid the MState is here to stay as it is "carved in stone" at some campus sites.