Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some General Thoughts.....

vCash

Some General Thoughts.....

- I'm genuinely frustrated about the current status of our baseball program or lack thereof. There is no program. There are only fans, a new stadium, history, & a team. For the tradition, facilities, & brand our baseball program has, we have been way to volatile. We have become to SEC baseball what Tennessee football currently is to the SEC. Issues around every corner.

- I couldn't care less if I ever see another MSU baseball recruiting class ranked in the top 5 in the country. Comparing our current team to the top teams in the country, we are small, thin, & unathletic. The average MSU player over the past 5 or so has been a non-projectable player. They lack the frame, feet, & agility to improve.

- Once the new baseball coach is hired, MSU needs to look hard at the baseball strength & conditioning program. If you have some free time at some point, watch Arkansas, Missouri State, Florida, TCU, Kentucky, or Texas Tech play. They clearly are on a different strength & conditioning program while recruiting different size players, with more projectable frames & athleticism.

- MSU needs a baseball coach that wants to be here, is known for player development, & is known for recruiting & getting on campus strong baseball players. Body projection is so important & over the past few years MSU has recruited way too many narrow bone structure guys. We don't need to win a press conference. We need someone that knows what they are doing that can come here & build stability while reaping the benefits of the facilities, tradition, & brand.

- The current baseball problem is not on Canny. It's on the previous staff for building a team full of weeds. There are very few strong lower halves on the team. Hitters without strong lower halves can't get to power.

- I'm pumped about the Men's basketball team making a run in the NIT. I think that's huge for next year. Truly brings everyone together.

- I also super pumped about Spring Football practice beginning today. Can't wait to see how Moorhead does things, what changes he makes, & the rumors coming out of practice. I'm ready to get excited about football.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 03-20-2018 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - I'm genuinely frustrated about the current status of our baseball program or lack thereof. There is no program. There are only fans, a new stadium, history, & a team. For the tradition, facilities, & brand our baseball program has, we have been way to volatile. We have become to SEC baseball what Tennessee football currently is to the SEC. Issues around every corner.

- I couldn't care less if I ever see another MSU baseball recruiting class ranked in the top 5 in the country. Comparing our current team to the top teams in the country, we are small, thin, & unathletic. The average MSU player over the past 5 or so has been a non-projectable player. They lack the frame, feet, & agility to improve.

- Once the new baseball coach is hired, MSU needs to look hard at the baseball strength & conditioning program. If you have some free time at some point, watch Arkansas, Missouri State, Florida, TCU, or Texas Tech play. They clearly are on a different strength & conditioning program while recruiting different size players, with more projectable frames & athleticism.

- MSU needs a baseball coach that wants to be here, is known for player development, & is known for recruiting & getting on campus strong baseball players. Body projection is so important & over the past few years MSU has recruited way too many narrow bone structure guys. We don't need to win a press conference. We need someone that knows what they are doing that can come here & build stability while reaping the benefits of the facilities, tradition, & brand.

- I'm pumped about the Men's basketball team making a run in the NIT. I think that's huge for next year. Truly brings everyone together.

- I also super pumped about Spring Football practice beginning today. Can't wait to see how Moorhead does things, what changes he makes, & the rumors coming out of practice. I'm ready to get excited about football.
    Great points. Concerning the baseball strength and conditioning, the basketball team could use help there, too. Also, I am excited for spring practice starting today, I am especially ready to see how Moorhead runs the program. I have heard this staff as a whole is night and day better than the Country Club.

Banned
    vCash
    baseball is indeed frustrating. good points. but haven't we made it to two supers the last 2 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    baseball is indeed frustrating. good points. but haven't we made it to two supers the last 2 years?
    We have made two supers in the last 2 years, but don't let that fool you. I don't look at results, I look at ceiling & talent.

We aren't close

Now... thankfully, we have a program that we can turn things around very quickly if we target the RIGHT guys in recruiting.

vCash
    We have been to super regional or farther in 4 of our last 7 years. Quit crying

vCash

You don't look at resul;ts?

We have made two supers in the last 2 years, but don't let that fool you. I don't look at results, I look at ceiling & talent.

We aren't close

Now... thankfully, we have a program that we can turn things around very quickly if we target the RIGHT guys in recruiting.
    What else is there, other than results?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Yep. I’ve seen some strange statements but that one had to take the cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    We overachieved to get to those Super Regionals. We look nothing like a National Title contender for a physical standpoint.

Results in baseball can be deceiving at times because teams can get hot. We happen to get hot at the right time over the past few years without, other than a few players on the roster, the requisite talent to make a run

vCash
    Yea, I should have said “good points besides #1.” Sorry, When I read the first sentence, I went to the next point lol

vCash
    We overachieved to get to those Super Regionals. We look nothing like a National Title contender for a physical standpoint.

Results in baseball can be deceiving at times because teams can get hot. We happen to get hot at the right time over the past few years without, other than a few players on the roster, the requisite talent to make a run
    Isn’t that the point? To get hot in postseason?

vCash

We overachieved in 2013 and 2016? Sit down, shotgun... you drunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We overachieved in 2013 and 2016? Sit down, shotgun... you drunk
    2013 No. That's one of the most talented teams in college baseball history.

Our program currently looks absolutely nothing like that

vCash
    2013 No. That's one of the most talented teams in college baseball history.

Our program currently looks absolutely nothing like that
    We won the sec in 2016 with 21 freaking sec wins

vCash
    Apparently to some when we lose it's because we underachieve and when we win it's because we overachieve. There's no way to overachieve in baseball in the conference we play in, you win because you are talented. Bill Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are. We have been dang good recently.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 03-20-2018 at 09:48 AM.

vCash
    Overachievers*****

vCash
    I'm not going to argue semantics & get in a petty argument.

The current team & program don't look right compared to the best teams in the country.

If your're thrilled about the talent we are running out there right now, then you need to get out more.

vCash
    I think we have talent and young talent. The problem was we had a coach who was more worried about putting his dick inside some blonde rather then coaching and developing these young players. There has been no development of these guys. This year is a wash and that's how i look at it. Now just hire a a good coach who would rather rub one off every once in a while rather then gigoloing around and concentrate on coaching
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 03-20-2018 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    I'm not going to argue semantics & get in a petty argument.

The current team & program don't look right compared to the best teams in the country.

If your're thrilled about the talent we are running out there right now, then you need to get out more.
    Yeah, I love this team... we supremely talented. That is exactly what I said.

In 2015, we were terrible, and won the sec in 2016. Things can change quickly.

vCash
    What is more likely - our baseball program keeps getting 'hot' for basically an entire season, or especially in the postseason, or Shotgun doesn't really know baseball talent like he thinks he does?

vCash
    Yeah, I love this team... we supremely talented. That is exactly what I said.

In 2015, we were terrible, and won the sec in 2016. Things can change quickly.
    Do I sound stupid when I say I think we’ll be really good next year? These young guys will have a year under their belt, and hopefully have a top coach.