Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Fact remains we havent won a Super Regional game since 2013
    Real results do not matter
    - shotgun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Real results do not matter
    - shotgun
    Shotgun's point is being missed- he is basically saying we havent put together teams capable of winning a title- and he is correct. Even in 2013 we caught alot of breaks and didnt have to score much because of the baseball. Now that the ball has changed and teams are becoming more offensive- we still have a bunch of runt punch and judy hitters that in no way can compete with top competition.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I would assume that Shotgun's frustration is primarily about the projection of the program with this year in the complete shitter.

Last year we were fortunate to play in a pretty weak regional, but we still got it done.

For me, my problem with the baseball program is that I thought this would be a solid year - basically a slightly improved 2017 season where we were in discussion for a regional host. We appear to be a longshot for a regional bid at this point.

We have no idea who will make it to campus from our recruiting class, and depending on the coach we hire - who knows who we keep from the class. I thought that our freshman would be better and that 2018 would be a better year, now I'm not so sure. Then again, we went from worst to first in a year from 2015 to 2016, so who the hell knows.

I just thought we were on a sure fire path to a consistent Top 10 program. Now I'm not so sure and that is frustrating as hell.

vCash
    Shotgun's point is being missed- he is basically saying we havent put together teams capable of winning a title- and he is correct. Even in 2013 we caught alot of breaks and didnt have to score much because of the baseball. Now that the ball has changed and teams are becoming more offensive- we still have a bunch of runt punch and judy hitters that in no way can compete with top competition.
    If the newer ball was used in 13 we would have pounded it all over the yard all season. Frazier, pyrtle, renfroe, and even rea would have mashed the new ball. Rea greatly benefitted from having help in the line up.

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 balls in the championship series that we absolutely murdered that died on the track. Now our pitching staff did benefit from the old ball, especially Mitchell. But the other guys on that staff have done fairly well in pro ball.

So acting like that 13 team wasn't a great team, or that winning the SEC wasn't a big deal in 16 is just ignoring glaring facts to fit an argument.
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 03-20-2018 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    The last time we had a bunch of punch and judy hitters was 2015. Those guys turned into really good hitters in 2016. Jordan, Allen, Hatcher, foscue, and Westburg could all be really good hitters by next season.

I think your messiah, cann has a little to do with this. Macnamee, vansau, and Stovall all have an OPS and ISO down from last season. Alexander ISO is down. We are 1 weekend into sec play... this should not be

Banned
    vCash
    The last time we had a bunch of punch and judy hitters was 2015. Those guys turned into really good hitters in 2016. Jordan, Allen, Hatcher, foscue, and Westburg could all be really good hitters by next season.

I think your messiah, cann has a little to do with this. Macnamee, vansau, and Stovall all have an OPS and ISO down from last season. Alexander ISO is down. We are 1 weekend into sec play... this should not be
    The guys we are counting on, essentially for all production, are the p&j types: Mangum and Stovall. I agree with you on the freshmen, they are certainly not p&j, they are good players, but just young

Our problem is that our upperclass power guys have not come through for us - McNamee, Vansau, Poole. Big disappointment. We're also getting nothing from the catcher position

We will make a big jump offensively next year, pitching remains to be seen, we'll need to add some arms for sure. Will Ethan Small get drafted? Will Graham Ashcraft be 100%? Will Kale Breaux return to early 2016 form? Will Keegan James get better? Cole Gordon?? Those are the questions
    Last edited by 5049; 03-20-2018 at 12:53 PM.

vCash
    This is a point a lot of us forget when looking at next season. Mac, Vansau, Mangum, Stvall, Skelton, LA... these are guys we saw last year, and yet NONE of them have improved at the plate. Several of them have regressed. That's too big of a coincidence- clearly Cann did nothing with them all offseason.

So what that means is that these 4-5 Fr that are doing ok now, are doing ok with 0 coaching after high school. Get these guys in fall ball with a real staff, and we'll see a much larger jump than usual from them at the plate. Stovall too

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    This is a point a lot of us forget when looking at next season. Mac, Vansau, Mangum, Stvall, Skelton, LA... these are guys we saw last year, and yet NONE of them have improved at the plate. Several of them have regressed. That's too big of a coincidence- clearly Cann did nothing with them all offseason.

So what that means is that these 4-5 Fr that are doing ok now, are doing ok with 0 coaching after high school. Get these guys in fall ball with a real staff, and we'll see a much larger jump than usual from them at the plate. Stovall too
    Mangum has improved. To be hitting as well as he is with really no help says a lot

Either way, he won't be helping us next year. Stovall and Alexander certainly need to stay for a good senior year, they could certainly be much better next year

Banned
    vCash
    Not reading this whole thread. Our baseball team is dogshit and it's cause we've been losing so many signees to the draft and we haven't filled the gaps missing from our last 3 classes. I'll say it again. We need to sign dirtbags not draft risks. Somewhere right after we made it to the title game everyone seemed to think we morphed into a perennial national title contender as a baseball program and should be getting 1st round talent for signing classes. This mentality has left us destroyed. Some of you expecting national titles here forgot we need to build the foundation and first three floors before we can put the roof on the building. Everyone got big heads cause we were building the carnegie hall of baseball stadiums and started acting like Cannizarro was acting. Whipping out our dicks and walking around thinking we were the biggest baddest mother****ers in college baseball but forgot to look down and notice we were sporting a 4 inch pencil dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - The current baseball problem is not on Canny. It's on the previous staff for building a team full of weeds. There are very few strong lower halves on the team. Hitters without strong lower halves can't get to power .
    Yet, he gives our previous coach a ?pass?.... the fact that more of our fans aren?t directing their anger towards Cann for the way this season is shaping up is maddening.

He gets credit for working miracles last year, but doesn?t face the criticism for the product we have on the field now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

We have a hitting coach. You guys trying to act like nobody works with the hitters is ridiculous.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We have a hitting coach. You guys trying to act like nobody works with the hitters is ridiculous.
    Serious question I meant to ask Saturday- Who is the hitting coach?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Not reading this whole thread. Our baseball team is dogshit and it's cause we've been losing so many signees to the draft and we haven't filled the gaps missing from our last 3 classes. I'll say it again. We need to sign dirtbags not draft risks. Somewhere right after we made it to the title game everyone seemed to think we morphed into a perennial national title contender as a baseball program and should be getting 1st round talent for signing classes. This mentality has left us destroyed. Some of you expecting national titles here forgot we need to build the foundation and first three floors before we can put the roof on the building. Everyone got big heads cause we were building the carnegie hall of baseball stadiums and started acting like Cannizarro was acting. Whipping out our dicks and walking around thinking we were the biggest baddest mother****ers in college baseball but forgot to look down and notice we were sporting a 4 inch pencil dick.
    Well said, actually

Let's be clear on one thing though, these dirtbags you speak of, that describes the current freshman class. A lot of those guys were drafted late. We definitely DO need to be recruiting those guys

But yeah, I agree, the super 5 star type, ain't happening, and never has

vCash
    This was a perfect storm for our baseball team. Replacing a lot with some immaturity, led by our HC who turned out to be the biggest asshole in school history.

We look like a young unprepared team. Thats why we show flashes like the 3 game sweep in houston then lose to SE LA and get swept by Vandy.

We look like we didnt do shit all offseason, I think its pretty obvious Cann didnt have us doing a damn thing pre season. I love the 4 freshman we have they will only get better.

We get a real coach in 2019 and I think youll be singing a different tune

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Serious question I meant to ask Saturday- Who is the hitting coach?
    Jake Gautreau I believe

vCash
    Obviously we have a hitting coach, obviously Cann himself *technically* worked with the hitters. But the coaching clearly wasn't good. How else do you explain the stagnation or regression of literally every single returning hitter? Can you say you've ever seen a team that had 0 improvement from any hitter at the plate? I haven't. So sure, there was technical coaching, but it was clearly at a level well below the norm, else we'd be seeing a few players show signs of improvement

vCash
    Plumlee still has a lot of friends on this team......

vCash
    What ticks me off about cann though is he tweeted that crap laughing or whatever at us being predicted so low. Dude was paying more attention to his mistress than our team or he would have seen this coming. Dude robbed state for a paycheck this offseason, and robbed a team of maxing their potential

vCash
    What ticks me off about cann though is he tweeted that crap laughing or whatever at us being predicted so low. Dude was paying more attention to his mistress than our team or he would have seen this coming. Dude robbed state for a paycheck this offseason, and robbed a team of maxing their potential
    More people should feel like this but they don't. I cant understand why