NIT Elite Eight...

and then there were eight.

4 Penn St vs 2 Marquette tonight 6pm ESPN

4 Miss State vs 2 Louisville tonight 8pm ESPN

4 Western Kentucky vs 2 Ok. State tom 6pm ESPN2

2 Utah vs 1 Saint Mary's tom 8pm ESPN2

Banned
    vCash
    why are the playing locations on the right side not listed?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    why are the playing locations on the right side not listed?
    Assuming it's Oklahoma St. and Saint Mary's hosting, that's why I put 6pm for Ok. State and 8pm for Saint Mary's

vCash
    I like our chances tonight. Y’all?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I like our chances tonight. Y’all?
    as long as someone in Louisville's athletic dept didn't provide our team with free hookers and blow last night, I'd say yea, we have a shot.

Banned
    vCash
    overall in my opinion though, as of now, we've exceeded pre-season expectations. especially the expectations we had early on when we were playing real bad.

vCash
    I know it's not the big dance, but I'm loving this show. My prediction for tonight is that neither team will beat itself. The winner has to do the winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    My prediction for tonight is that neither team will beat itself. The winner has to do the winning.
    Ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    overall in my opinion though, as of now, we've exceeded pre-season expectations. especially the expectations we had early on when we were playing real bad.
    I wasn't convinced we would be a host in the NIT pre season. Get in yeah, but be a host? Probably not. Now we've beaten a really good Nebraska team and a really good Baylor team on the road. A Baylor team we dominated for 25 minutes.

So I would agree. Two very quality wins to get to this point would have me saying we've done better than expected.

vCash
    I haven’t made a prediction all year and I’m not gonna start now, but I’m confident that we will play the whole 40 minutes. I’ve learned not to melt regardless of what’s going on until the last 3 minutes.

vCash
    As to the point, I had no expectations for this season except to see the team mature and get better. They have certainly done that!

These three or more post season games, especially at Baylor and at Louisville are gonna be huge come next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    As to the point, I had no expectations for this season except to see the team mature and get better. They have certainly done that!

These three or more post season games, especially at Baylor and at Louisville are gonna be huge come next year.
    This is where the dilemma always come in for me. So many ask the question would you rather go one and done in the NCAA Tournament or win the NIT? For me I think it depends on the team, and I think this team will benefit by playing more games together. If we win the NIT, that's 4 more games we get to play against pretty darn good competition than we would get in the NCAA Tournament.

Nebraska, @Baylor, @Louisville, then a Marquette and possibly Saint Mary's, both in Madison Square Garden is a nice lineup of teams. In the NCAA Tournament, maybe we are a 12 seed that gets bounced in the play in? Who knows. But I like that we are going to be playing at least 3 post season games, and it would be hard for me to say I would rather go one and done in the NCAA Tournament than make it to the finals or even the Final Four of the NIT.

Banned
    vCash
    This team is definitely a "next year" team. making it to the Garden is better for this particular team than a one and done in the NCAA. so yea Met, it depends on the team and this one needs to play some more in the NIT. it will help us kick things off in a much better, experienced fashion next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is where the dilemma always come in for me. So many ask the question would you rather go one and done in the NCAA Tournament or win the NIT? For me I think it depends on the team, and I think this team will benefit by playing more games together. If we win the NIT, that's 4 more games we get to play against pretty darn good competition than we would get in the NCAA Tournament.

Nebraska, @Baylor, @Louisville, then a Marquette and possibly Saint Mary's, both in Madison Square Garden is a nice lineup of teams. In the NCAA Tournament, maybe we are a 12 seed that gets bounced in the play in? Who knows. But I like that we are going to be playing at least 3 post season games, and it would be hard for me to say I would rather go one and done in the NCAA Tournament than make it to the finals or even the Final Four of the NIT.
    I always take the NCAA Tournament. Every single time. But that didn't really even end up being a consideration for this year.

If you're good enough to make it to the NCAAT as an at-large team, then you're good enough to win a game or two and give yourself a shot at the Sweet 16. You take that every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It's definitely more exciting to win 5 games and a title in the NIT than it is to go one and done in the dance. As a basketball fan experience, the NIT is great. The rule variations are interesting and valid. The games are great. If you have a motivated team, and we do, you cam be like me, happier than a pig in shit.