Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK guys- Ours girls have made the Sweet 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Don’t forget Okori. We miss her for sure. We aren’t nearly as deep as we were last year and depth is a KEY factor. We could survive T in early foul trouble last year even deep in the tourney. That isn’t the case this time. In fact other than at the point we drop off considerably. I think those players are going to be very good, but they are very inexperienced. Anybody that says we have everything back didn’t pay much attention last year.
    Yep, absolutely, forgot her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their season is officially a success. Regardless what happens from here- they lived up to expectations and had a great year. Anything past this is gravy. Enjoy
    I'm sure we all will be disappointed with anything less that a final 4--but you are correct 34-1 is living up to expectations but we would like an extra helping of gravy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We went 32-1 and won the toughest conference. We returned everyone from a runner up team. Anything short of a Final 4 appearance is a failure. This isn’t men’s hoops where parity is at an all time high....there is a clear gap at the top, and our team has been Top 4 all year. Anything short of finishing in the top 4 is a failure for this team, and I guarantee you they would tell you that as well. Realistically, when you consider the draw we got, and the fact that both UConn and South Carolina are on the opposite side, you could really make the argument that anything short of a Title loss to UConn is a failure.
    We didn’t return everyone and have no depth. The starters barely left the floor playing against an 8 seed. They finished in the top 16. It’s been a successful season.

And not sure if you looked- but the SEC has dropped a lot of games in the women’s tourney
    Last edited by Coach34; 03-20-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We went 32-1 and won the toughest conference. We returned everyone from a runner up team. Anything short of a Final 4 appearance is a failure. This isn?t men?s hoops where parity is at an all time high....there is a clear gap at the top, and our team has been Top 4 all year. Anything short of finishing in the top 4 is a failure for this team, and I guarantee you they would tell you that as well. Realistically, when you consider the draw we got, and the fact that both UConn and South Carolina are on the opposite side, you could really make the argument that anything short of a Title loss to UConn is a failure.
    This^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That we were the toughest conference is debatable. I think us and USClight are the only ones left. There is a certain amount of luck in getting to a Final Four for everyone except the UCONN women.
    A&M is still playing. They get a tough ND team today though.

vCash
    Good season. No doubt. Final four will be a great season. Uconn is unstoppable tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Good season. No doubt. Final four will be a great season. Uconn is unstoppable tho.
    DEJU VU----Seems like I lived this already!!--maybe last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    DEJU VU----Seems like I lived this already!!--maybe last year.
    Make no mistake - beating them this year is just as unlikely as it was last year. Obviously, that didn't stop us from actually pulling it off last year. But doing it again would be an absolutely monstrous achievement. Beating UCONN 2 years in a row in the NCAAT, when they're at this level, would be among the greatest achievements in team sports history.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Once you get to the sweet 16, a lot of factors have to go right. And a good bit of getting past the sweet 16 is luck.
    Not if you are the 1 seed. We have a lot more talent than NC State. We should beat them by double digits. If they beat us it will be because they got lucky. If we beat them it will be because we did what we were supposed to do. It doesn't necessarily mean the season is a failure, but most people would be disappointed with a loss before the final 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Not if you are the 1 seed. We have a lot more talent than NC State. We should beat them by double digits. If they beat us it will be because they got lucky. If we beat them it will be because we did what we were supposed to do. It doesn't necessarily mean the season is a failure, but most people would be disappointed with a loss before the final 4.
    Correct, we absolutely should beat NC State. After that, though, it's hard to say that. Texas is a very, very good team. We are also very, very good and beat them last year...but once you're to that point against teams at that level, anything can happen.

vCash
    Texas is the most athletic team in the tournament not UConn. Inconsistent, but really athletic. Hoping they lose their next one.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-20-2018 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Texas is the most athletic team in the tournament not UConn. Inconsistent, but really athletic. Hoping they lose their next one.
    Baylor is pretty good, better coached, better talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I admit I haven’t watched a second of A Texas game , but I will call BS on Texas being more athletic team than Uconn.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-20-2018 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I admit I haven’t watched a second of A Texas game , but I will call BS on Texas being more athletic team than Uconn.
    Yep I've watched UConn several times, if there is anybody more athletic, time for the kryptonite.

vCash

Uconn can be beat we match up with them...texas has McCarty similar to okla state we

Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Yep I've watched UConn several times, if there is anybody more athletic, time for the kryptonite.
    pull away at the end...Louisville and Baylor are both teams we wear down. our worst matchup is South Carolina but they are toast after UConn bitch slaps them around again. SC would have never won the national championship last year if we hadn't beat UConn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Anything short of losing the national championship game to UConn is an epic, crushing disappointment.
    This. Only this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their season is officially a success. Regardless what happens from here- they lived up to expectations and had a great year. Anything past this is gravy. Enjoy
    This is absurd, worst post of 2018 absurd. We have a better team this year. Anything short of playing in the natty is not living up to expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    This is absurd, worst post of 2018 absurd. We have a better team this year. Anything short of playing in the natty is not living up to expectations.
    Whose expectations? Yours?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Whose expectations? Yours?
    Hello, Sheep. Nice job of answering your own questions. This is our coach and the teams expectations.

I get it, 34 posts controversial shit to generate discussion for his website, but this is pure stupidity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    Hello, Sheep. Nice job of answering your own questions. This is our coach and the teams expectations.

I get it, 34 posts controversial shit to generate discussion for his website, but this is pure stupidity.
    You are an idiot. In basketball and baseball- when a team makes the final 16- its been a successful season. Doesnt mean you have reached your goals or achieved what you want- but when you make the Sweet 16- you season has been successful.

If we get upset by NC State- it doesnt mean our 2018 season was unsuccessful. It was a successful year. We just didnt go as far in the Tourney as we had hoped.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is