Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK guys- Ours girls have made the Sweet 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You are an idiot. In basketball and baseball- when a team makes the final 16- its been a successful season. Doesnt mean you have reached your goals or achieved what you want- but when you make the Sweet 16- you season has been successful.

If we get upset by NC State- it doesnt mean our 2018 season was unsuccessful. It was a successful year. We just didnt go as far in the Tourney as we had hoped.
    You are spot on.

vCash
    Their season is officially a success. Regardless what happens from here- they lived up to expectations and had a great year. Anything past this is gravy. Enjoy
    If this were men?s hoops I would agree. Much more parity and chance for an upset. This team needs to make the F4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If this were men?s hoops I would agree. Much more parity and chance for an upset. This team needs to make the F4.
    I'm somewhat concerned with them making F4. They ain't hitting on all cylinders right now. I'm afeered they may have peaked too early. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'm somewhat concerned with them making F4. They ain't hitting on all cylinders right now. I'm afeered they may have peaked too early. We'll see.
    see, i'm not worried about that. The deal is from here on out We are playing really good teams. unless we totally tank, i think we will make it. Keeping Big T on the court is huge. Rojo and Blair need to have their A game. look for Mo to step it up and shoot more. I think Teams are not focusing on Her and She will have the chance to burn them. It seems Her shot, when she misses, is short. If She gets her stroke back, she is Lamar Peters like.

vCash
    You are an idiot. In basketball and baseball- when a team makes the final 16- its been a successful season. Doesnt mean you have reached your goals or achieved what you want- but when you make the Sweet 16- you season has been successful.

If we get upset by NC State- it doesnt mean our 2018 season was unsuccessful. It was a successful year. We just didnt go as far in the Tourney as we had hoped.
    I don't think anyone would deny the 'successful season' part of your post. I think it was the 'lived up to expectations' part that some find disagreement with. I think this team and much of the fanbase now expects a Final 4.

vCash
    Anybody outside of the UConn fanbase "expecting" a Final Four is unrealistic.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Basically like LSU fans saying it is an unsuccessful season if they lose in the Supers and don't make Omaha. In baseball, once you get into the Supers then anything can happen. Basketball is similar if someone goes off and is hitting 3s like crazy. Every team left is good enough on a good day to beat anyone including UConn. Teams like us and UConn just have more wiggle room in how great a day it takes to beat us. It probably takes more than one RAT to win but it can still be done.

vCash
    Eh. When you're ranked #2 and undefeated for essentially the entire season, after getting to the title game and beating UConn the year before, I don't think it's unrealistic or unreasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Eh. When you're ranked #2 and undefeated for essentially the entire season, after getting to the title game and beating UConn the year before, I don't think it's unrealistic or unreasonable.
    If you have really watched our team play- you know they arent good enough to win it all. It looks like we caught the SEC in kind of a down year and hey- that part of it. I'll be surprised if we beat Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think Coach's point is any year you make a Sweet 16 is a "successful" season. You might have higher goals but at the end of the day, that is a benchmark level goal. I think only UConn could truly set their benchmark level at the Final Four because they have consistently done it for so long.

vCash
    If you have really watched our team play- you know they arent good enough to win it all. It looks like we caught the SEC in kind of a down year and hey- that part of it. I'll be surprised if we beat Texas
    I think if Blair and Ro are hitting 3s and VV isn't just settling for jumpers then we can beat anyone as long at big T isn't in foul trouble. We play defense well enough to give us a shot every time on the floor. Hopefully Vic figured out not to wear them out in practice on short rest. We don't have the depth if we get too worn out.

vCash
    Our depth is 1 player- Holmes.

I think we will be worn down by Texas and their athleticism

vCash
    I think IF we play Texas they will be the best team we would have played other than maybe South Carolina, it should be a good good game to watch as they play fast.

vCash
    I've watched us, and I know we may not be quite as good as our record indicates. That said, I don't know that there's any team in the country that is clearly better than us outside of UConn. I don't think we have much of a chance of beating them again, but you never know if someone else can jump up and knock them off again like we did last year. I think we definitely have a shot of beating everybody else. Maybe not a great chance of running through the thing unscathed, but I don't know that anyone else can say that, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I admit I haven?t watched a second of A Texas game , but I will call BS on Texas being more athletic team than Uconn.
    I think you read that wrong. I said "the most athletic team in the tournament not UConn". Meaning UConn is the only team more athletic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think you read that wrong. I said "the most athletic team in the tournament not UConn". Meaning UConn is the only team more athletic.
    Yes I did read it wrong . But apparently they weren’t athletic enough to reach the elite 8 ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im gonna disagree. We should be playing UConn for the natty
    that's unfair way to judge success and good way to end up being always miserable. in a single game where a loss ends your season all it takes is a hot shooting night along with good bounces and luck - and a more talented team ends up getting beat. on paper yes we should face uconn for the title but the variables that factor in to win/loss are innumerable when the game is played on the floor.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Your ?wrongness? is disgusting. You?ve been wrong about everything in this thread. We?re playing UCLA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    Your ?wrongness? is disgusting. You?ve been wrong about everything in this thread. We?re playing UCLA.
    34 very seldom gets anything right when talking Basketball. His list of wrongness is Hugh. The one that now make him look foolish is His opinion. Of Big T. He was right in saying we won't beat Texas, cause Texas took their whooped ass home.

vCash
    I thought Texas would have beaten Ucla, but watching Ucla they are very quick and fast. The point guard for the Bruins is very good, we gotta slow her down as she can create and she is very good on D.