Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK guys- Ours girls have made the Sweet 16

vCash

OK guys- Ours girls have made the Sweet 16

Their season is officially a success. Regardless what happens from here- they lived up to expectations and had a great year. Anything past this is gravy. Enjoy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Im gonna disagree. We should be playing UConn for the natty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I agree with Coach here. You can't say that this season's a failure if the women's team gets knocked out at this point.

Disappointing? Sure. A failure? No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Lord knows I don’t see eye to eye with 34 on much of anything but he is right here. This had to be the level of expectation. To advance from here you have to have a lot of variables go your way. Some are in your control, others aren’t. Now that being said we don’t need as many variables as most left do, but we do need more than at least one team. On to the next one.

vCash
    Anything short of losing the national championship game to UConn is an epic, crushing disappointment.

vCash
    Final Four again should be the comparison line. Make that and it's a very large success.

vCash
    I agree final 4 or it's a bust. We will beat NCAA state.

vCash
    Do Duke/Kansas/UK fans consider expectations met if they make the Sweet 16 in years they're a 1 seed? I really don't know, just asking. Just seems to me like anything less than the Final 4 is at least a little bit of a disappointment after earning a 1 seed.

vCash
    Once you get to the sweet 16, a lot of factors have to go right. And a good bit of getting past the sweet 16 is luck.

vCash
    I would say Elite 8 is the mark. We lost our best defender, maybe our best 2 defenders and our other big. We aren't as athletic this year. But I hope the team loses the pressure they've obviously been playing with on their shoulders recently and go with what C34 says. Because we've been tight as hell the last few games.

vCash
    Third sweet sixteen in three years. I think with the talent and experience not getting pass this is a disappointment.

vCash
    Obviously, the season is a success, but I'm going to be sorely disappointed if they don't make the Final Four and you know they will be too.

vCash
    We went 32-1 and won the toughest conference. We returned everyone from a runner up team. Anything short of a Final 4 appearance is a failure. This isn’t men’s hoops where parity is at an all time high....there is a clear gap at the top, and our team has been Top 4 all year. Anything short of finishing in the top 4 is a failure for this team, and I guarantee you they would tell you that as well. Realistically, when you consider the draw we got, and the fact that both UConn and South Carolina are on the opposite side, you could really make the argument that anything short of a Title loss to UConn is a failure.

vCash
    I agree on sweet 16 to some extinct, but with this team I say the goal is final four. Anyway great season and packing the Hump is just flat ass awesome.

Btw, two things, better enjoy the ride, with the 3 seniors we lose after this year will be mighty hard to replace. Especially VV, special player with a great attitude and love for Msu!

Big T, I have to laugh at some of the dumb comments about her, she is still learning the game and like I have said before, EVERY team has to have a game plan to stop her first. You can't teach 6'7" especially for a girl, 21 points and 18 rebounds just sums it up. When you lead the Nation in offensive rebounds, well that just speaks for itself.
    I just hope we can found another T for the future, she is a beast to say the least and to think she doesn't make our outside go is retarded.

Ok State was well coached last night, very athletic team, just not very deep. They are a much better team than a 8 or 9 seed I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We went 32-1 and won the toughest conference. We returned everyone from a runner up team. Anything short of a Final 4 appearance is a failure. This isn’t men’s hoops where parity is at an all time high....there is a clear gap at the top, and our team has been Top 4 all year. Anything short of finishing in the top 4 is a failure for this team, and I guarantee you they would tell you that as well. Realistically, when you consider the draw we got, and the fact that both UConn and South Carolina are on the opposite side, you could really make the argument that anything short of a Title loss to UConn is a failure.
    You absolutely can't call losing in the Final 4 a failure. I could see the argument if we lose to NC State, but anything beyond that can't be considered a 'failure'. I'll certainly be disappointed if we don't make the Final 4, but a loss in the Elite 8 to a 2 or 3 is not a failure.

And we didn't return everyone. We returned a bunch, even most, but Dillingham and Richardson were definitely losses, and Chapel was a loss, too, especially considering that we then lost Ameshya Williams early on this year. That is all of our 4's and our best defender and emotional leader. Those are definitely losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    That we were the toughest conference is debatable. I think us and USClight are the only ones left. There is a certain amount of luck in getting to a Final Four for everyone except the UCONN women.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You absolutely can't call losing in the Final 4 a failure. I could see the argument if we lose to NC State, but anything beyond that can't be considered a 'failure'. I'll certainly be disappointed if we don't make the Final 4, but a loss in the Elite 8 to a 2 or 3 is not a failure.

And we didn't return everyone. We returned a bunch, even most, but Dillingham and Richardson were definitely losses, and Chapel was a loss, too, especially considering that we then lost Ameshya Williams early on this year. That is all of our 4's and our best defender and emotional leader. Those are definitely losses.
    Don’t forget Okori. We miss her for sure. We aren’t nearly as deep as we were last year and depth is a KEY factor. We could survive T in early foul trouble last year even deep in the tourney. That isn’t the case this time. In fact other than at the point we drop off considerably. I think those players are going to be very good, but they are very inexperienced. Anybody that says we have everything back didn’t pay much attention last year.

vCash
    When you win the Sec conference outright, it's a big accomplishment. I would never say this is a failure season regardless, maybe disappointing to some IF or when we loose but a failure, I think not.

vCash
    I will be disappointed if we don't make the Final Four but I wouldn't consider that a failure. There is certainly a gap between the top women's teams and most teams but there are a lot more good women's teams now than even a few years ago - Mississippi State is an example. Our bracket has the 1, 2, 3, and 4 seeds left. That means we will have to beat two very good teams to make the Final Four. I think UConn's dominance kind of clouds people into thinking top teams should just steamroll through the tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That we were the toughest conference is debatable.
    Totally agree. The SEC is looking weaker than expected in the NCAAT. You could certainly still make a case that the SEC was toughest this year, but having Missouri go down to a 12, LSU go down to an 11, UGA squeak by a 13 and then get crushed in the 2nd round, and Tennessee go down to a 6 doesn't look good. SC hasn't looked great against weak competition, and A&M made the Sweet 16 but just barely.

The ACC and Pac 12 both got 4 in the S16 to the SEC's 3. Tough to say the SEC is definitely the toughest.