Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kermit Davis Contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    How do we know this is legit and not fake? Anything I see with their logo on it I assume is fake. I doubt they're paying Kermit more than Luke.
    Correct. It just seems outrageous ... too good to be true, if you will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    How do we know this is legit and not fake? Anything I see with their logo on it I assume is fake. I doubt they're paying Kermit more than Luke.
    I think it’s crazy to pay Kermit over $2MM when they could’ve gotten Crean for the same price, unless he turned them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Davis's is $2.50M, not $2.05. He has a bunch of incentives too. Seems like a lot to me for a coach coming from a mid-major.
    You don’t understand. What we say we pay coaches publicly is not what we pay coaches. We have the public contract which is what is known publicly and covered under the FOIA. Then we supplement those contracts with the MSU Foundation/Bulldog Club and in Howland’s case Adidas contract. These numbers aren’t covered by the FOIA and MSU doesn’t have to share this information with the public which drives Will Sammon crazy because you won’t know our coaches true salaries. Now I have no doubt Howland will get a bump to his salary and extension for another year like he always has since he got here.

Banned
    vCash
    Pretty sweet contract.....like the incentives part too!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I think it’s crazy to pay Kermit over $2MM when they could’ve gotten Crean for the same price, unless he turned them down.
    Lot of talk in Memphis that Penny would add Larry Brown and Crean to his staff to help guide him with decision making. Kind a bizzaro if you ask me, but if he can get that done, he'll have some nice hired help. And Memphis can pay them very well for assistants. They'll just get Fred Smith to pull out his check book for whatever is needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Lot of talk in Memphis that Penny would add Larry Brown and Crean to his staff to help guide him with decision making. Kind a bizzaro if you ask me, but if he can get that done, he'll have some nice hired help. And Memphis can pay them very well for assistants. They'll just get Fred Smith to pull out his check book for whatever is needed.
    Crean is the Georgia coach and Memphis isn’t touching Brown with his NCAA trouble.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ole Miss is paying too much. Probably had to throw the bank at him after missing on Matta. They couldn?t afford the PR hit of losing out on Matta AND their plan B. Hell, I?d yell Hotty Toddy for that salary. That?s life changing for the frog. Congrats to him. Hope we beat his ass.
    Give Kermit a couple years and he'll have a competitive team. Likely will see (in truest of Ole Miss fashion).....many 1 and 2 year transfers from D-1 programs across the country to kick start them. Time to send out the graduate program brochures in basket weaving, park management, and medical marijuana manufacturing.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-19-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Crean is the Georgia coach and Memphis isn’t touching Brown with his NCAA trouble.
    Oh, ok....guess Tom must have gone back for more. He initially took his name out of the UGA hat.

vCash
    Penny is also considering Tony Barbree for Asst. Coach