Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope our women show up tonight...

vCash

I hope our women show up tonight...

They could easily get beat by OSU if they come out flat. We only beat OSU by 3 earlier this year, and they smoked the 9 seed Syracuse by 30 Saturday....so we better bring it. Would be a damn shame for this group of Seniors to not even make the Sweet 16 their last season. For a women?s hoops game, I?m slightly nervous for them about this matchup.

vCash
    We were up 9 with less than a minute to play. They hit a 3 with 2 seconds left to make it a 3-point game. That game was not as close as the score indicates.

Besides, when has this team NOT shown up? We're not talking about the men here.

vCash
    I’m actually not that worried. I think we come out on fire.

vCash
    Cadaver, you working on being a nega-state guy like myself. Never, ever say we will do anything but destroy everyone every time lol

vCash
    upsets in the women's NCAA Tourney before the Sweet 16 are few and far between.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    upsets in the women's NCAA Tourney before the Sweet 16 are few and far between.
    True that, but we are Miss STate.

vCash
    We got to the Hump Saturday in time to see the last quarter of OSU/Syracuse. OSU does not have a big that can hang with Big T. Tiera has developed her game as the season has progressed. She is a much better player now than she was at the beginning of the year. We will be there today also.

vCash
    If we're hitting the outside shots, we're good no matter who we play. Lately, we've had trouble with that early in the game. Need to come out stroking it. Still, I think we win by 10-15.

vCash
    OSU has already proven they can play with us. I just hope we want it enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    We got to the Hump Saturday in time to see the last quarter of OSU/Syracuse. OSU does not have a big that can hang with Big T. Tiera has developed her game as the season has progressed. She is a much better player now than she was at the beginning of the year. We will be there today also.
    Big T is the most unskilled uncoordinated star player I have ever seen. Just being honest. Not trying to hate

vCash
    I think we're the better team and "should" win. But, my biggest fear is it being the seniors last game at the Hump. Something about that Tennessee game last year left a bad taste in my mouth. If they can keep their emotions in check they should win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Big T is the most unskilled uncoordinated star player I have ever seen. Just being honest. Not trying to hate
    She is better than you think she is. Numbers don’t lie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I saw the whole game. They had a big that Syracuse couldn’t cope with. She was just muscling the Syracuse girl’s out of the way. She won’t do that with Big T unless the refs get ticky tack and won’t let Big T play defence. The other thing they did was shoot absolutely lights out from 3. They were shooting 60% for a while, and they were taking a lot of them.

Banned
    vCash
    Well.....T was a project when we signed her. Very raw, but had the one measurable that made everyone want her. Height. Have actually been told she's closer to 6'8". She has improved, but I'm still not happy with how slow she moves her feet. Not sure what fundamental drills Vic has her doing daily, but if it were me, I would have her doing the football ropes in conjunction with a variety of basketball post position moves with and without the ball.....EVERY DAY before and after practice. Her time to complete them would be recorded to see if the drill times improved over a season. I also would make her practice using her pivot foot inside w/o putting the ball on the floor. As tall as she is, she should almost never have to put the ball on the floor except in extreme situations. However....I am thankful she chose MSU. Without her, we don't beat UCONN or have the winning success we have been having. Just her presence on defense in the middle changes the offensive equation of our opponents. It makes them uncomfortable and it makes them change their shots. Plus, she seems to rebound well.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-19-2018 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    She only puts up those numbers bc nobody other than the girl from South Carolina and idk what UConn has can guard her and keep her off the boards.

She gets outplayed by the girl from SC every time we play them. Its not close. She has no skill.

We wouldnt have much of a shot without her though bc of her size

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Well.....T was a project when we signed her. Very raw, but had the one measurable that made everyone want her. Height. Have actually been told she's closer to 6'8". She has improved, but I'm still not happy with how slow she moves her feet. Not sure what fundamental drills Vic has her doing daily, but if it were me, I would have her doing the football ropes in conjunction with a variety of basketball post position moves with and without the ball.....EVERY DAY before and after practice. Her time to complete them would be recorded to see if the drill times improved over a season. However....I am thankful she chose MSU. Without her, we don't beat UCONN or have the winning success we have been having. Just her presence on defense in the middle changes the offensive equation of our opponents. It makes them uncomfortable and it makes them change their shots. Plus, she seems to rebound well.
    Agreed. She has nowhere near the skill that ol girl from SC has but shes one of the most valuable players on the team. Maybe the most valuable.

Like I said I dont dislike her, not trying to hate but its just the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I agree. She almost always has two people on her and she still performs. Added to that, she is a threat that must be considered on both D and O. Wish her well and know she will do her part tonight.

vCash
    Agreed. She has nowhere near the skill that ol girl from SC has but shes one of the most valuable players on the team. Maybe the most valuable.

Like I said I dont dislike her, not trying to hate but its just the truth
    Come on--She has worked on Her free throws and is now pretty good. She has worked on He post game and shoots 60%. the problem is she gets pushed around with no call alot. She is doubled most times. She is at Her best on offensive put backs. Just hope She doesn't get in foul trouble like the SC game. Big T is the reason we are 32-1--don't dis-Her.

vCash
    She only puts up those numbers bc nobody other than the girl from South Carolina and idk what UConn has can guard her and keep her off the boards.

She gets outplayed by the girl from SC every time we play them. Its not close. She has no skill.

We wouldnt have much of a shot without her though bc of her size
    She is the equivalent of about a 7?5? guy. She is remarkably skilled for her size. You are basically saying because she can’t outplay a smaller girl who is allowed by the refs to do what ever she wants to do and the best team in any sport in history she isn’t skilled. LOL.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 03-19-2018 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Big T is the reason we are 32-1--don't dis-Her.
    I get so sick of these comments you make like Q is the reason we are in postseason...partly sure so is Lamar. Before Peters began starting- we were 2-4 in the SEC and looked shitty. We had Q then in the spotlight- why were we struggling? Q is the reason we are in postseason, Peters is the reason, Nick is the reason, X and Carter with the improved 3 point shooting are the reason- it all works. But we damn sure werent a postseason team without the play of Peters the last 20 games

Wanda is the reason we are 32-1
    Viv is the reason we are 32-1
    Ro is the reason we are 32-1
    Having 2 PG's is the reason we are 32-1
    Blair making open 3's in the reason we are 32-1

Without Viv- we would have been a borderline Tourney team. We would have struggled to score and Blair would have never gotten open 3's. Wanda is average just posting up- she gets so many points off of putbacks.
    Without Wanda- We are certainly a Tourney team but weak in the post and likely one and done.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is