Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vandy game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I?m going by what u said. Hell No one is hitting, but you are the one that always apologizes for Belmont. And you just made my point if ur going to be with the big boys in the SEC your SS has to hit.
    Your JR SS shouldn?t be hitting below .250
    To me any player hitting below the Mendoza line should sit no matter how good defense you bring. I would rather get a guy who is average with his defense and a baller at the plate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    To me any player hitting below the Mendoza line should sit no matter how good defense you bring. I would rather get a guy who is average with his defense and a baller at the plate
    Let's get this straight- the Mendoza line is .200 or below. Not directed at you personally but a PSA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Alexander should be hitting better too. Alexander was never supposed to be an offensive leader though. You think Alexander avoids blame here? Laughable at best...
    I can't believe you're not all over this:

LA- .247 Avg

Stovall- .256 Avg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I can't believe you're not all over this:

LA- .247 Avg

Stovall- .256 Avg
    It brings me no joy that Stovall is struggling. I would rather Alexander completely flop and us succeed. I do not care about being right or wrong... just want state to win

vCash
    It brings me no joy that Stovall is struggling. I would rather Alexander completely flop and us succeed. I do not care about being right or wrong... just want state to win
    I'd like to see both succeed too. I think Stovall is trying to do too much. One reason I think moving him to catcher might actually help him get his bat going because he can channel his leadership skills better behind the plate and it may take his mind off of trying to do too much.

It could also completely backfire.

vCash
    I'd like to see both succeed too. I think Stovall is trying to do too much. One reason I think moving him to catcher might actually help him get his bat going because he can channel his leadership skills better behind the plate and it may take his mind off of trying to do too much.

We have no choice to try something different at catcher. Skelton is letting balls get by him fielding and swinging

vCash
    We have no choice to try something different at catcher. Skelton is letting balls get by him fielding and swinging
    I agree. I just hope the man making out the lineup card actually does it. I have very little faith in Henderson doing that based on what I've seen so far. Vansau and Poole get multiple chances while Anderson and Westburg get very few.

vCash
    I agree. I just hope the man making out the lineup card actually does it. I have very little faith in Henderson doing that based on what I've seen so far. Vansau and Poole get multiple chances while Anderson and Westburg get very few.
    We have 2 swac schools midweek. Time to make the move

vCash
    Let's get this straight- the Mendoza line is .200 or below. Not directed at you personally but a PSA.
    Oh I know. It just looks like that's the direction he's heading

vCash
    Joe mayo posted this on sps...

Weekend stats:

Skelton- 0-9 6ks
    Jordan- 0-6 3ks
    Stovall- 0-9 4ks
    Vansau- 1-10 5ks
    Hatcher- 2-13 5ks
    Poole- 1-4 2ks

vCash
    Joe mayo posted this on sps...

Weekend stats:

Skelton- 0-9 6ks
    Jordan- 0-6 3ks
    Stovall- 0-9 4ks
    Vansau- 1-10 5ks
    Hatcher- 2-13 5ks
    Poole- 1-4 2ks
    That’s brutal

vCash

In the immortal words of Clark Griswold "WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, we're at the threshold of baseball hell."***

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    If I'm Gary Henderson I look at Stovall at C out of necessity. Skelton has been killing us- his passed ball ignited their four run inning and we aren't getting anything out of him at the plate. I've seen Gilbert play and I think he is just as bad or worse. We have two SWAC games this week and that is the perfect time to look at doing something like that.

C- Stovall
    1B- Hatcher
    2B- Allen or Rowdey
    3B- Foscue
    SS- LA
    LF- Allen or Rowdey
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Anderson
    DH- Westburg
    Agreed
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    In the immortal words of Clark Griswold "WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, we're at the threshold of baseball hell."***
    Lol.

vCash
    His defense is hurting us as much as his bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    That’s brutal
    I had just as soon let ole 24 play first. At least when he does hit it , it goes along way. I say play Poole at the lead of , have him bunt some. His speed is under utililzed. Then if he gets on let Him steal. Notice our speed got us our runs today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I had just as soon let ole 24 play first. At least when he does hit it , it goes along way. I say play Poole at the lead of , have him bunt some. His speed is under utililzed. Then if he gets on let Him steal. Notice our speed got us our runs today.
    One thing that kills me is Mangum swinging at every pitch. I mean one AB, the catcher had to get up on his tip toes to catch the pitch, he still swung (I’m exaggerating lol, but it was VERY HIGH. The catcher did have to stand all the way up though.)
    And I said yesterday that we need to put Westburg and Anderson in the lineup, see what they can do. Do you agree?
    Last edited by Bulldog1; 03-18-2018 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think Poole should be 2nd. Mangum swings at everything and if a runner is infront of him he'll hit into a DP often. He should be leadoff to utilize his high average and + speed, and to minimize the risk of a DP.

Put Pool 2nd- he's not as much of a DP risk, and you can still bunt him like you said. Only then if he gets thrown out, we have Mangum at 2nd instead of Mangum on 1st and 1 out, which his what you'd have if you put Mangum at the 2 in this hypothetical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    One thing that kills me is Mangum swinging at every pitch. I mean one AB, the catcher had to get up on his tip toes to catch the pitch, he till swung (I’m exaggerating lol, but it was VERY HIGH. The catcher did have to stand all the way up though.)
    And I said yesterday that we need to put Westburg and Anderson in the lineup, see what they can do. Do you agree?
    Hard to believe as a JR that he hasn't improved one iota in pitch selection than he was as a FR. He may even be worse.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-18-2018 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    I really think He hits better when he hits the first pitch.