Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Vs Baylor basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    He is better than Tyson, Eli, X and Holman.
    agree on Tyson- not at all on the rest
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    I love Stapelton even more for getting T?d up for talking shit to Kegler. **** Kegler. I hope he called him a ***** after the game when they shook hands too.
    That?s idiotic. Just so ya know. That technical foul was stupid! Period!

vCash
    Q was clutch, X had a great second quarter but returned to normal in the 2nd half, and Tyson was fantastic. But make no mistake about it. Lamar Peters was phenomenal today. He had 10 assists and 2 turnovers. Without his great passes, Tyson isn’t set up for his catch and shoot 3’s, and he set Q up perfectly for the game winner

vCash
    Holman is by far our laziest defender. Q is not great on D, but watch Holman on damn near every made basket as he’s the reason guys are open. He is slow to rotate and doesn’t step out on screens or when his guy is open beyond the arc. He masks it with some nice blocks, but he is by far our laziest defender. Not bashing him...I like him and we need him...just saying he’s lazier than Q on D. Start watching him on defensive possessions, it’ll drive you nuts, ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Holman is by far our laziest defender. Q is not great on D, but watch Holman on damn near every made basket as he’s the reason guys are open. He is slow to rotate and doesn’t step out on screens or when his guy is open beyond the arc. He masks it with some nice blocks, but he is by far our laziest defender. Not bashing him...I like him and we need him...just saying he’s lazier than Q on D. Start watching him on defensive possessions, it’ll drive you nuts, ha
    Been trying to say this. Neither him or Q like to play defense

Banned
    vCash
    Holman would benefit from us going to a zone.

vCash
    The trash talking was started by X in the second quarter when he was on fire. After every made basket, he was looking at the Baylor bench and either flexing or flashing the "three" sign and running his mouth. The bench started giving it back to him in the 3rd when he cooled off. Like the head case he is, he couldn't take it and that's when he got T'd up.

I like X. I feel like he can be one of the top contributors on this team, but he needs to learn to control his emotional highs and lows. His "shushing" the Vandy crowd after his first FT late in the game is a prime example. Furthermore, when he's not playing well or missing shots, he lets it go to his head and he's mentally out of the game on both ends of the court.

He feeds off his own emotions when he's playing well, but he really needs to have more of an even keel.

vCash
    Your last sentence will NEVER HAPPEN. Stapleton is what he is and he will never change. If there was a way to get the first half X every game, i want that! But we don’t get that so.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    The trash talking was started by X in the second quarter when he was on fire. After every made basket, he was looking at the Baylor bench and either flexing or flashing the "three" sign and running his mouth. The bench started giving it back to him in the 3rd when he cooled off. Like the head case he is, he couldn't take it and that's when he got T'd up.

I like X. I feel like he can be one of the top contributors on this team, but he needs to learn to control his emotional highs and lows. His "shushing" the Vandy crowd after his first FT late in the game is a prime example. Furthermore, when he's not playing well or missing shots, he lets it go to his head and he's mentally out of the game on both ends of the court.

He feeds off his own emotions when he's playing well, but he really needs to have more of an even keel.
    I'm just not totally convinced that playing in control would work for him. Obviously, he needs to develop that on a daily basis and improve on it incrementally. But a sudden change to quiet man could make him 0-fer man. We can't forget that X is probably the main reason we won the game.

It's a little reminder of John Daly quitting booze. Turned out, it just wasn't a way he could be John Daly. He had a drink and thought on that.

vCash
    I'm not saying he needs to be a "quiet man"; he needs emotion to play well. He just needs to learn to control his emotions and not have such high/low swings. If he's playing well, he's good for one T per game due to his trash talking - we can't afford that. Furthermore, if he's NOT playing well, he's so emotional that he can't pull himself out of it.

He needs a ceiling on his highs so he doesn't get T'd up all the time and he needs a floor on his lows so he's not sulking when he should be playing D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Holman would benefit from us going to a zone.
    if you play a zone like the Cuse you would have to be active and play the passing lanes.. so Maybe Aric would't be so good. But I would like to see a trapping 1-3-1.

vCash
    he relies on his blocking ability to cover up his faults. he is a good help defended but sux as an on ball defender. A big strong opponent will just push him back and score unless He blocks the shot. that is what got Baylor back in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    if you play a zone like the Cuse you would have to be active and play the passing lanes.. so Maybe Aric would't be so good. But I would like to see a trapping 1-3-1.
    Me too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last one from Q was vandy, right?
    I know I'm late but I didn't see anyone point this out. Q's buzzer beater yesterday was his 4th buzzer beater of his career, 3rd of this season. Had the steal and layup vs Dayton, and a three at the buzzer against Jacksonville State. No one brought the JSU one up, probably because it was the day Mullen headed to Florida and not many people cared about basketball that day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBites15 View Post
    I know I'm late but I didn't see anyone point this out. Q's buzzer beater yesterday was his 4th buzzer beater of his career, 3rd of this season. Had the steal and layup vs Dayton, and a three at the buzzer against Jacksonville State. No one brought the JSU one up, probably because it was the day Mullen headed to Florida and not many people cared about basketball that day.
    Yep. Forgot about that one. That was a crazy day lol

vCash
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...kbFHuLJCdC.mp4
    Here is a video of all 4 of Q's buzzer beaters if anyone is interested. (Video via @TJ_WJTV on Twitter)

Banned
    vCash
    When X comes in the game we need to have a set play to try to get him a dunk/alley oop. We need to try to trigger positive X cause when he's feeling good he can pour in points. Carter too. Tyson can put up 15 points like it's nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    When X comes in the game we need to have a set play to try to get him a dunk/alley oop. We need to try to trigger positive X cause when he's feeling good he can pour in points. Carter too. Tyson can put up 15 points like it's nothing.
    If Tyson hits his first shot, he more than likely is about to have a good game.
    Same with X.