Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A baseball school?

vCash
    BTW, what ever happened to the internal investigation into men's BB at the beginning of the season in which Pearle was refusing to cooperate? Scam Newton gets them a natty in FB, and now Pearle's and his staff's problems are forgotten in BB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    BTW, what ever happened to the internal investigation into men's BB at the beginning of the season in which Pearle was refusing to cooperate? Scam Newton gets them a natty in FB, and now Pearle's and his staff's problems are forgotten in BB.
    The fbi investigation is the one auburn better worry about

vCash
    I don’t know what they’re waiting on. I don’t think he’ll be back next year. It’s proven he cheats, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There’s like 5 SEC schools on that list. We weren’t on it, thank God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    There’s like 5 SEC schools on that list. We weren’t on it, thank God.
    If anything of consequence does come from this, we might win the sec

vCash
    Those at the top of the FBI are corrupt and can't slap their butts with both hands. This investigation will probably end up like the NCAA investigation of Miami and UNM. Already heard one of their undercover plants had misappropriated some funds.

vCash
    If anything of consequence does come from this, we might win the sec
    Final 4! Next year is the year of MSU. Basketball- going to be great. Football- going to be great. Baseball- I have no idea what this dysfunctional team will be next year. Hopefully our new coach will quickly build a powerhouse.

vCash
    Final 4! Next year is the year of MSU. Basketball- going to be great. Football- going to be great. Baseball- I have no idea what this dysfunctional team will be next year. Hopefully our new coach will quickly build a powerhouse.
    As far as baseball, it does appear that Cohen left the cupboard pretty bare and we are paying for it. When our new Coach is in place next year, our few Seniors will have played for 4 Head Coaches and their staffs. This is comparable to our D players in FB playing for a new DC under Dan virtually every season. Let that sink in. Hail State!

vCash
    Those at the top of the FBI are corrupt and can't slap their butts with both hands. This investigation will probably end up like the NCAA investigation of Miami and UNM. Already heard one of their undercover plants had misappropriated some funds.
    I have no desire to see any of them in prison. I just want evidence of some of these big programs paying players to be made public. I really, really want Coach K to proven dirty. I know he is, but everyone acts like these 1 and dones come for free to duke
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-17-2018 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    As far as baseball, it does appear that Cohen left the cupboard pretty bare and we are paying for it. When our new Coach is in place next year, our few Seniors will have played for 4 Head Coaches and their staffs. This is comparable to our D players in FB playing for a new DC under Dan virtually every season. Let that sink in. Hail State!
    Yep. Go from Cohen-ball to Cann-ball to Hendo-ball to, hopefully, McDonnel-ball. One can hope!

vCash
    I have no desire to see any of them in prison. I just want evidence of some of these big programs paying players to be made public. I really, really want Coach K to proven dirty. I know he is, but everyone acts like these 1 and downs come for free to duke
    I am in no way defending K when I say this... But, Kentucky fans are killing me saying K is dirty, but Cal is squeaky clean.
    Are you serious? Cal has put 2 schools on probation. That’s why I better not here a dang thing about Howland being dirty.
    If anyone gets punished in this deal, and Cal doesn’t, the whole thing is a joke!

vCash
    I am in no way defending K when I say this... But, Kentucky fans are killing me saying K is dirty, but Cal is squeaky clean.
    Are you serious? Cal has put 2 schools on probation. That’s why I better not here a dang thing about Howland being dirty.
    If anyone gets punished in this deal, and Cal doesn’t, the whole thing is a joke!
    They all dirty. Basketball recruiting is a dirty business.

vCash
    They all dirty. Basketball recruiting is a dirty business.
    Rick Ray ain’t dirty. LOL!

vCash
    Rick Ray ain’t dirty. LOL!
    Well, all but RR

vCash
    $$$ and power can sweep a lot of things under the rug. Do you really think they are going to punish the big boys in a Billion $ plus industry that is men's college BB? They change the rules for AU and Cam. Suspended him for what, one day or so and the SEC office was probably in on it. Said it was ok for his Dad to attempt to shake down State for $ and that as long as Cam didn't know, he could win the natty for AU. I'm sure Cam went ot AU for tuition, books and housing that year.

vCash
    $$$ and power can sweep a lot of things under the rug. Do you really think they are going to punish the big boys in a Billion $ plus industry that is men's college BB? They change the rules for AU and Cam. Suspended him for what, one day or so and the SEC office was probably in on it. Said it was ok for his Dad to attempt to shake down State for $ and that as long as Cam didn't know, he could win the natty for AU. I'm sure Cam went ot AU for tuition, books and housing that year.
    They will get UK when they stop winning so much. Like they did Bama in FB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    We haven't been a REAL baseball school year in and year out since the early 90's. But, we've got fans that for whatever reason seem to fall back 30 years and want to claim baseball superiorty. Hate to hurt anyone's feelings but that ship has sailed too. We haven't been in the upper echelon in the conference in quiet awhile. Oh sure we'll have a ride here and there, but we haven't sustained any type of inkling that would come close to indicating we are a baseball school since the Palmerio, Clark, Brantley, Thigpen and Cohen days. We are starting from scratch to build back up just to compete, much less win championships. Its not all on Cohen. Its been some poor evaluations of talent from my seat.
    Besides a few blips here and there in BB & FB, that?s the sport we?ve had to hang our hats on... we should rarely have off years, but we?ve had plenty for a ?baseball school?. Losing to mid-week team used to be unheard of, but now it?s that we?re saving our weekend guys. Our backups SHOULD be better than their starters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Besides a few blips here and there in BB & FB, that?s the sport we?ve had to hang our hats on... we should rarely have off years, but we?ve had plenty for a ?baseball school?. Losing to mid-week team used to be unheard of, but now it?s that we?re saving our weekend guys. Our backups SHOULD be better than their starters!
    Who said that? We start the same guys in the field pretty much every game.

Losing to midweek teams has never been unheard of either- remember the 1985 team losing to Mississippi College? It happens to pretty much everyone every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Who said that? We start the same guys in the field pretty much every game.

Losing to midweek teams has never been unheard of either- remember the 1985 team losing to Mississippi College? It happens to pretty much everyone every year.
    83 we lost to mc and delta state. 84 lost to Livingston. 85 as you said. 87 Jackson st. 88 mc and delta st again.

vCash
    I was speaking to our SP... sure in baseball anyone can beat anyone on a given day but in ‘85 we rarely worried or cared if we lost to MS College once in a blue moon. Seems much more commonplace now. Without looking, I wonder who we started that game, both pitching and hitting? I bet it was late in the season too.