Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers just laid the two names out there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    mad? About what?

I'm posting facts that other than Jimbo being hired by A&M this year after he had a losing a season and Fla State didnt care if he left or not- no SEC school has hired a coach away from another top program in recent memory. I posted it in hopes that our fanbase will keep some perspective this June, but I can see that probably doesnt happen.

I would love for State to be a trendsetter- znd if it happens in June I'll be ecstatic. But its highly unlikely. Not mad at all little guy. Just practical- like when I said Mullen was Mullen was leaving and you lost your shit.
    Bret Bielema? Didn't work out for Arkansas, but he did take Wisconsin to 3 straight Rose Bowls in 2010-2012, and was considered one of the top coaches in the country at the time.

vCash
    Louisville averaged 1,500 fans per game last year. It would be totally plausible for McDonnell to consider us even if the man who hired him hadn't been fired in disgrace and headed for jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Louisville averaged 1,500 fans per game last year. It would be totally plausible for McDonnell to consider us even if the man who hired him hadn't been fired in disgrace and headed for jail.
    If it was just a looking at each program and deciding, I think it would be a tough pull for us. Factor in that Louisville is a much nicer place to live too, and I just do not see it. I think we would have to with an absurd contract (think Jimbo Fisher)
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-17-2018 at 08:48 AM.

vCash
    What about recent SEC hires in anything makes you think we are about to steal a top 15 head coach from another school?
    Georgia basketball- Tom Crean~ 3 sweet 16s at Indiana, Coached D Wade at Marquette.
    Auburn basketball- Bruce Pearl~ Top 20 coach in country, look at Auburn this year.
    Alabama basketball- Avery Johnson- Former NBA Coach, took Mavs to NBA finals.
    Florida basketball- Mike White~ Top mid major coach at La Tech, many think he’ll take over for K at Duke.

South Carolina- Frank Martin~ Top 25 coach, took South Carolina to final four last year.
    Mississippi State- Ben Howland~ 3 final fours at UCLA.
    Ole Miss- Kermit Davis~ Great mid major coach, gets a shot at the big leagues.
    Missouri- Cunzo Martin~ Took Tenn to sweet 16, great recruiter, Took Missori to NCAA tourney in his first year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Nobody cares about baseball attendance but State fans. We beat our chests about 15,000 fans while we fail to win championships each year. Sort of like the grove at OM. It?s time to get past that. You?d think with that kind of support, we?d be all in on baseball, but we haven?t been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Nobody cares about baseball attendance but State fans. We beat our chests about 15,000 fans while we fail to win championships each year. Sort of like the grove at OM. It?s time to get past that. You?d think with that kind of support, we?d be all in on baseball, but we haven?t been.
    I was at Sunday game. It was our 4th game in a new stadium, and no one was there. Those huge crowds are usually SBW, which the football team playing helps fill it up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was at Sunday game. It was our 4th game in a new stadium, and no one was there. Those huge crowds are usually SBW, which the football team playing helps fill it up
    Our season ticket sales are strong though and we still average 4000+ for a midweek vs good teams. SEC weekends will close to double that when the weather is good. But, attendance doesn’t matter if we aren’t winning.

vCash
    You think baseball coaches and recruits do not care? Come on. You think a top coach or recruit would not rather coach/play in front of 15k instead of 1500?

Also, mcd has done great at Louisville and still has not been able to win a title. He may think it would be easier to win a title here. No idea, but plausible given our better facilities and fan support. Cann was not even a proven head coach and had top 3 classes lined up over the next two years. Much easier to recruit to us than Louisvile.

vCash
    Our season ticket sales are strong though and we still average 4000+ for a midweek vs good teams. SEC weekends will close to double that when the weather is good. But, attendance doesn’t matter if we aren’t winning.
    It matters to prospective coaches and players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You think baseball coaches and recruits do not care? Come on. You think a top coach or recruit would not rather coach/play in front of 15k instead of 1500?

Also, mcd has done great at Louisville and still has not been able to win a title. He may think it would be easier to win a title here. No idea, but plausible given our better facilities and fan support. Cann was not even a proven head coach and had top 3 classes lined up over the next two years. Much easier to recruit to us than Louisvile.
    We have 9 CWS appearances in our history. McDonnell has 5 in his 11 years. Not sure it is easier to win here

vCash
    It matters to prospective coaches and players.
    Have you seen our team? Have you noticed we hired a coach with zero experience last time? It matters much less than State fans can grasp.

vCash
    mad? About what?

I'm posting facts that other than Jimbo being hired by A&M this year after he had a losing a season and Fla State didnt care if he left or not- no SEC school has hired a coach away from another top program in recent memory. I posted it in hopes that our fanbase will keep some perspective this June, but I can see that probably doesnt happen.

I would love for State to be a trendsetter- znd if it happens in June I'll be ecstatic. But its highly unlikely. Not mad at all little guy. Just practical- like when I said Mullen was Mullen was leaving and you lost your shit.
    Ima have to stop you there. You have never seen me lose my shit over Dan Mullen leaving. I was never a Mullenite. Cant let you get away with that one my friend

vCash
    Where did McDonnell grow up? Go to school? Maybe he prefers small towns to big cities. Is Louisville nicer than Starkville? Yeah but he could be tired of traffic. No one here knows what any particular coach is thinking, their likes or dislikes, etc.

Do I expect to lure a top ten coach at an established program? No, but if it does happen, I won’t have to pick myself up off of the floor either.

Keep in mind that baseball people are a different breed. With most of them, give them the coolest bat, glove, and park and they are in heaven. Doesn’t matter where that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    For what it?s worth, McDonnell is who I think we get.
    If I could wave a magic wand, that's who I'd pick. Plus, OM fan would lose his collective shit.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    McDonnell ain't coming to Starkville, you can book it Dano!

Here is a fact, he can host easier at a school such as Louisville, than he can at Starkville (can you say tougher competition in the SEC). He is well liked and has built his program with much support and they will give him a huge raise even if he stiffs Starkville. Lastly, we Msu baseball fans are in the top as for as passion, but we ain't even in the top 4 in the SEC as for as programs. Passion I say, Lsu, Om, Arkansas, Sc and A&M have a bunch of passion as well.
    He would be crazy to leave Louisville and let me be on record to say I sure wish he would come to Starkville, ain't gonna happen.

I've been a huge Msu baseball fan from the Paul Gregory and the beginning of Leftfield Lounge, yes I have passion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We have 9 CWS appearances in our history. McDonnell has 5 in his 11 years. Not sure it is easier to win here
    I said titles. Maybe a distinction without much of a difference though.

Regardless, Louisville is what it is bc of mcd. History tells us it?s not easy to win there. Msu has been winning for nearly 50 years despite some average coaches.

vCash
    Have you seen our team? Have you noticed we hired a coach with zero experience last time? It matters much less than State fans can grasp.
    I can tell you first hand it matters. So can others on here who have coached or played. You want to play and coach at a place where it is important if you have the choice. I?m not saying mcd would leave, but I guarantee you he would rather have our fan base and facilities than Louisville?s.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    If I could wave a magic wand, that's who I'd pick. Plus, OM fan would lose his collective shit.
    This all day.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I said titles. Maybe a distinction without much of a difference though.

Regardless, Louisville is what it is bc of mcd. History tells us it?s not easy to win there. Msu has been winning for nearly 50 years despite some average coaches.
    Outstanding post
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    McDonnell ain't coming to Starkville, you can book it Dano!

Here is a fact, he can host easier at a school such as Louisville, than he can at Starkville (can you say tougher competition in the SEC). He is well liked and has built his program with much support and they will give him a huge raise even if he stiffs Starkville. Lastly, we Msu baseball fans are in the top as for as passion, but we ain't even in the top 4 in the SEC as for as programs. Passion I say, Lsu, Om, Arkansas, Sc and A&M have a bunch of passion as well.
    He would be crazy to leave Louisville and let me be on record to say I sure wish he would come to Starkville, ain't gonna happen.

I've been a huge Msu baseball fan from the Paul Gregory and the beginning of Leftfield Lounge, yes I have passion.
    If you look at history it's easier to win a National Title at a SEC school versus an ACC school. And I think the ACC is second to the SEC as far as difficulty goes- Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, and Virginia among others are all very good program that are about on par with any SEC school. Then you have teams like Wake Forest and Duke that are upstarts and can surprise sometimes.