Thread: We're playing Texas Tech in 2028-2029

vCash

We're playing Texas Tech in 2028-2029

If you're still alive- you should go.**

We've also scheduled a plethora of FCS schools too. For those keeping score at home:

2019- Abeline Christian
    2020- Alcorn State
    2021- Eastern Illinois- we should invite Sean Payton
    2022- Northwestern State
    2023- Southeast Louisiana- this makes me sad. Had we scheduled Jackson State we would have had JSU, USM, and Ole Miss all coming to Starkville in the same season with the opportunity to win all three.
    2024- Eastern Kentucky

I know no one cares about these games even though I kind of enjoy them personally. I'm weird like that I guess. But I would much rather play JSU, Alcorn, and Valley than any of the above teams not named Alcorn. I think it's good for the state and it adds a little bit of rivalry and flavor to a game that is mostly a gimmie win for anyone not named Sylvester Croom or Kansas. I wish Cohen would give a reason for not playing them- we sure as heck don't have a problem scheduling the entire SWAC for baseball. Really the only other FCS teams I would like to see would be The Citadel. I've already seen us play Samford but I wouldn't mind playing them again.

That said, my opinion on this may change if they ever allow teams to play other teams in the spring which I am all for. I would be totally fine playing JSU, Alcorn, and Valley in the spring and then playing some random list of FCS teams like we are doing if that ever happens. I haven't heard of any move or interest in this happening though so I'm not looking for it to happen any time soon.

I also hope we schedule UAB soon. Mainly out of principle because I didn't like the University of Alabama flexing their muscle and shutting them down because they could or because Bear Bryant's grandson didn't like something someone at UAB did to his grandfather 35-40 years ago. I'm glad UAB has recovered and it looks like they're pretty good already.

vCash
    I like Cohen's style of scheduling way better than the loaferz, If stricklin scheduled them we would have to actually go to Lubbock first then they would come to Starkville. Stricklin never scheduled FCS teams out of the southeast hardly either.