Thread: Should be the experiment of the decade.......

Banned
    vCash

Should be the experiment of the decade.......

.....very risky, but could work. Ticket sales under Pastner and Tubby were even further down than I thought. Hiring Penny and maybe a couple of well known former coaches to me is a sure sign of desperation....but the locals want this. He will certainly bring 3 top 50 players from East High with him (one of which is the #1 player in 2019) and that certainly can't hurt. Stay tuned....should be fun to watch and speculate!

https://247sports.com/college/memphi...-job-116236069

vCash
    Not attempting to thread hijack... Does anyone watch a basketball game that does not involve MSU? I just don’t know how anyone could bear it. I have only one F to give about BBall, outside of MSU, no Fs. If we are not playing I would rather watch that Korean lady fix-up houses in Texas.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Not attempting to thread hijack... Does anyone watch a basketball game that does not involve MSU? I just don’t know how anyone could bear it. I have only one F to give about BBall, outside of MSU, no Fs. If we are not playing I would rather watch that Korean lady fix-up houses in Texas.
    That Korean and husband are cornball homers for Baylor and they do it in the most cheeseball way. What is this Basketball you speak of?

vCash
    Memphis already did this .. I grew up a Memphis fan before going to college at State (even had a dog named penny as a kid) ... but they hired former super star Larry Finch who got all the Memphis kids to stay home like Anfernee Hardaway and Lorenzen Wright... it worked for a while .. they went to an elite eight and a couple of sweet sixteens

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah, actually I watch and attend a few Memphis games (Tigers & Grizzlies). I attended a LSU@OleMiss game many years ago when I was bored. Have attended and watch Vandy a lot too. I just like basketball and Memphis is home to MSU's #1 alumni base outside Mississippi. MSU folk watch and attend many other basketball games that do not involve MSU.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-17-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    On tv I have been watching the hell outta the NCAA tourney. I love March Madness. It's the greatest tournament on earth.

Banned
    vCash
    Why is it taking so long to hire Penny? Everyone knows they are hiring him so why the hold up?

vCash
    I saw where #1 seed Va lost last night. I had no idea they had a good team this year. Just don't give a rip about bb.

Banned
    vCash

FRom teh article

East High School is currently playing in the state playoffs, and there is a sense Hardaway would like to finish there before officially agreeing to anything. CBS' Sports' Jon Rothstein reported that Hardaway and Memphis were already in contract negotiations.

Probably waiting until the end of his tourney run to make his decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I saw where #1 seed Va lost last night. I had no idea they had a good team this year. Just don't give a rip about bb.
    They’re good every year under Tony Bennet, just never make it far in the tourney.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    East High School is currently playing in the state playoffs, and there is a sense Hardaway would like to finish there before officially agreeing to anything. CBS' Sports' Jon Rothstein reported that Hardaway and Memphis were already in contract negotiations.

Probably waiting until the end of his tourney run to make his decision.
    Man, if Penny's East Memphis team doesn't waltz to the TN State Title with all the talent he has on that team, then Memphis better not hire him...LOL!! He's got the 2019 #1 National POTY, plus 2 other top 50 players.....and it's another big reason he's getting the Memphis job.....all 3 of them will eventually come with him to Memphis. Like I have said before......the Memphis area can support 4-5 top 20 D1 programs with plenty of talent. All he has to do is just get the top 4-5 in the area every year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    That's cool, everybody likes different sports, but if you heard about UVA, then you heard about history. I have been watching college basketball for 45 years and have never seen an upset like that. It would be like if Miss.ValleyState came over from Itta Bena and beat our MSU Bulldogs in Starkvegas by 3-4 TDs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    That's cool, everybody likes different sports, but if you heard about UVA, then you heard about history. I have been watching college basketball for 45 years and have never seen an upset like that. It would be like if Miss.ValleyState came over from Itta Bena and beat our MSU Bulldogs in Starkvegas by 3-4 TDs.
    It would be like Valley beating Bama by 3 Td’s. A 16 seed had NEVER beaten a 1 seed until last night, and it wasn’t just a loss, it was a total beat down!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Man, if Penny's East Memphis team doesn't waltz to the TN State Title with all the talent he has on that team, then Memphis better not hire him...LOL!! He's got the 2019 #1 National POTY, plus 2 other top 50 players.....and it's another big reason he's getting the Memphis job.....all 3 of them will eventually come with him to Memphis. Like I have said before......the Memphis area can support 4-5 top 20 D1 programs with plenty of talent. All he has to do is just get the top 4-5 in the area every year.
    I think it's interesting we're talking about Virginia and Memphis in the same thread. If you could get Memphis players to buy into the Virginia system they'd probably never lose till they had to play UMBC.

vCash
    Not attempting to thread hijack... Does anyone watch a basketball game that does not involve MSU? I just don?t know how anyone could bear it. I have only one F to give about BBall, outside of MSU, no Fs. If we are not playing I would rather watch that Korean lady fix-up houses in Texas.
    To me, not much beats a bad ass college basketball game with a great game experience. Even as a visitor, it can be awesome for me to see that.
    I've been all over the country to watch, even to watch teams that do not involve MSU.

I just enjoy watching sports, and college basketball is one of my favorites.