Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness Discussion Thread

vCash
    I am dumbfounded by Virginia game. I have watched them all year and they were terrific. Bennett deserves to be ripped big time over this. It is like they simply just did not respect their opponent at all to come out like this. I have been a huge Bennett fan, but I lost a bunch of respect for him from this piss poor effort

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    U Must Be Cinderella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am dumbfounded by Virginia game. I have watched them all year and they were terrific. Bennett deserves to be ripped big time over this. It is like they simply just did not respect their opponent at all to come out like this. I have been a huge Bennett fan, but I lost a bunch of respect for him from this piss poor effort
    I like Bennett, but their slow pace, 50 point games wrecked my nerves on so many levels. They usually played fundamental basketball, but tonight looked like a steaming pile of crap.

Banned
    vCash
    You could see he knew they were gonna lose with ten minutes left. He was almost smirking about it.

vCash
    Bennett = biggest NCAA Tournament choker ever? In 8 total appearances over Wazzu and UVA, 5 early exits:

--As a 3 seed, lost to a 6
    --As a 1 seed, lost to a 4
    --As a 2 seed, lost to a 7
    --As a 1 seed, lost to a 10
    --As a 1 seed, lost to a 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You could see he knew they were gonna lose with ten minutes left. He was almost smirking about it.
    Every time they showed him on camera, seems like he did have a smirk on his face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Bennett = biggest NCAA Tournament choker ever? In 8 total appearances over Wazzu and UVA, 5 early exits:

This is why I did not have Virginia going to the final 4. This type of play doesn’t last in the tourney.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

Maybe but he's so highly seeded it's almost always gonna be considered a choke unless he makes it to Final Four. Tonight was the monster choke of all chokes though.

vCash
    Porter Jr. clearly has some skill, but dang he’s done some dumb stuff. Bad shots, bad defense, turnovers, fouls. Not good basketball from him. Might be the worst 2 minutes sequence I’ve ever seen from a player of his caliber just now. I get he’s just now coming back, but dang. He’s a big liability to his team at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Porter Jr. clearly has some skill, but dang he’s done some dumb stuff. Bad shots, bad defense, turnovers, fouls. Not good basketball from him. Might be the worst 2 minutes sequence I’ve ever seen from a player of his caliber just now. I get he’s just now coming back, but dang. He’s a big liability to his team at the moment.
    This is on Martin. Mizzou is better without porter... well a semi-healthy porter that is out of shape

Banned
    vCash
    This is on Martin. Mizzou is better without porter... well a semi-healthy porter that is out of shape
    Bennett getting a DUI 6 days ago and being suspended didn't help

vCash
    More good games today. Bama and Nova play at 11. Duke and Rhode Island play at 1:40. Then the rest of the games start at 4 and go through the night. Couple that with SEC baseball, and we’ve got a fun day.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    The tournament is playing out like most logical persons would?ve initially believed after selection Sunday. The field was selected with bias and as they say ?the ball don?t lie?.

We were good enough to win most of those 1st round games that the other P5 Teams lost. OK is one. Put us in that spot and we have as equal a chance to win as OK, especially if you look at each team and the play the last 6 weeks of the season.

vCash
    I think Bama is gonna win this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I take that back... They’re getting crushed lol!

vCash
    Hope you didn't bet big $ on it. No way Sexton is not involved in the FBI probe. Roll Tide, Right Off a Cliff. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. Hope Auburn with their dirty Coach and program are next. BTW, whatever happened to the internal investigation at AU that Pearle had refused to cooperate with? Strange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Hope you didn't bet big $ on it. No way Sexton is not involved in the FBI probe. Roll Tide, Right Off a Cliff. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. Hope Auburn with their dirty Coach and program are next. BTW, whatever happened to the internal investigation at AU that Pearle had refused to cooperate with? Strange.

No, I didn’t put any money on it. I thought Nova would win, but I was pulling for Bama.
    Auburn will probably get busted after their season is over, at least I hope.

vCash
    Every time they showed him on camera, seems like he did have a smirk on his face.
    Mullen would have a similar look when he lost a supposedly easy game, and caught a lot of grief over it on the boards. Whether it ever got to him, I have no idea. Personally, I thought it was just a look of amazed resignation. At least Bennett wasn't wearing shorts.

vCash
    These first 3 games have been terrible.

vCash
    These first 3 games have been terrible.
    Sure have. Tenn getting beat at half, though.