Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness Discussion Thread

vCash

March Madness Discussion Thread

Lots of good games on Today and Tomorrow. What big upsets do you have (5v12, 4v13, etc)? An interesting game to me is Auburn vs. Charleston tomorrow- I picked Auburn, but I’m tempted to change it. What is yall’s bracket looking like?

Banned
    vCash
    Filling one out right now. First one I filled out has Tennessee winning the title. I think we see a team like that win this year. I don't think it'll be a 1 seed. I think we could see a 16 finally beat a 1 this year and I think it's Texas Southern over Xavier. I watched TSU play last night. They are pretty legit. Their coach is Mike Davis. Y'all remember him? He wanted our job when he got fired at UAB same time Stansbury got fired. He has had TSU in the NCAA tourney 4 of the last 5 years and the other year they weren't they were in the NIT. He's a pretty damn good coach that I didn't give credit as when he wanted our job. He took Indiana to the national championship game in only his 2nd season. UAB should not have fired him.

vCash
    SDSU over Houston is my only upset pick today. Going conservative

Virginia is my winner even with losing their 6th man. Love their defense

vCash
    I’ve got Dirty Duke winning it all over Arizona. Watch Duke lose to the 15 seed today lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Filling one out right now. First one I filled out has Tennessee winning the title. I think we see a team like that win this year. I don't think it'll be a 1 seed. I think we could see a 16 finally beat a 1 this year and I think it's Texas Southern over Xavier. I watched TSU play last night. They are pretty legit. Their coach is Mike Davis. Y'all remember him? He wanted our job when he got fired at UAB same time Stansbury got fired. He has had TSU in the NCAA tourney 4 of the last 5 years and the other year they weren't they were in the NIT. He's a pretty damn good coach that I didn't give credit as when he wanted our job. He took Indiana to the national championship game in only his 2nd season. UAB should not have fired him.
    Texas Southern started the year 0-13. They played Kansas, and other powerhouses, so they have definitely been battle tested.

vCash
    Nova, AZ, Duke, Michigan FF, Nova over AZ in final

Upsets to look for
    Cuse over TCU, NMST over Clemson, SDSt over OSU, Loyola over Miami, OU over RI,

vCash
    I have 10) Texas over 7) Nevada. I’ve also got Loyola Chicago over Miami, That’s 11v6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Nova, AZ, Duke, Michigan FF, Nova over AZ in final
    Upsets to look for
    Cuse over TCU- that’s a tempting one.
    NMST over Clemson- I am contemplating my Clemson pick now.
    SDSt over OSU- I like OSU to pull it out.
    Loyola over Miami- I have this one down.
    OU over RI- Also a tough one, but give me Rhode Island.
    I added in my picks to these games.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Texas Southern started the year 0-13. They played Kansas, and other powerhouses, so they have definitely been battle tested.
    Yea they asked Davis about that and he said if they could of scheduled the Houston Rockets they would have. Said it was the only way for his team to get better was to play the toughest OOC schedule he could come up with. Kinda refreshing to hear that. I like him. I used to not.

Banned
    vCash
    2nd bracket I have some crazy upsets. Arkansas in elite 8 after beating St. Bonaventure. SDSU over Oh. State. Auburn over Kansas and Michigan over Michigan St. for the title. Maybe it's cause I started watching Flint on Netflix but I have the state of Michigan having both teams in final game.

vCash
    I’ll tell you what to watch for: Stephen F. Austin over Texas Tech tonight. I didn’t pick it, but it could happen.

vCash
    I think Miami and Ohio st. loses.

I also have Mizz beating Xavier in the second round. They are a decent team and now have Porter Jr. back. Who knows what could happen!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I’ll tell you what to watch for: Stephen F. Austin over Texas Tech tonight. I didn’t pick it, but it could happen.
    I have SFA winning too. Love how they play.

vCash
    I have SFA winning too. Love how they play.
    I changed mine to SFA winning now (hope I’m right), but losing to UF in next round.

vCash
    Screw it. If Kentucky plays like it did in the SEC tourney you ain't stopping them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Screw it. If Kentucky plays like it did in the SEC tourney you ain't stopping them.
    I’ll disagree with you right there. They won’t beat Michigan State, Duke, Nova, Arizona, or Virginia.

vCash
    If they play like they did against Tenn I believe they will. Tenn was a good physical team, as we found out, and UK slapped them. Made a decent Bama team look like ole miss and it's big boy time now. Cals bout to go into Coach overdrive.

Banned
    vCash
    I have Florida getting upset by St. Bonaventure in my 2nd bracket and Bonnies beating SFA in 2nd round to face Arkansas, that part of my bracket is all upsets basically with Arkansas making the elite 8

vCash
    I have Florida getting upset by St. Bonaventure in my 2nd bracket and Bonnies beating SFA in 2nd round to face Arkansas, that part of my bracket is all upsets basically with Arkansas making the elite 8
    Arkansas definitely has the talent to make a run.

vCash
    Watching Tennessee against Wright, is there any team that throws the opposing teams players to the floors as much as the Volunteers? It's uncanny how many players wind up down on the court against them.