Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyshawn feazell and our front court

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Well cause they aren't if you were able to read between the lines and it gives us an advantage. We can redshirt someone without losing a player this way.
    Good luck at finding someone to pay Datchers way

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Good luck at finding someone to pay Datchers way
    Nobody has to ask permission. You've made your point about Datcher but it's not my fault you don't understand how the Bryan food truck works. You don't think Datcher is worth some juicy jumbos. I disagree.

vCash
    Nobody has to ask permission. You've made your point about Datcher but it's not my fault you don't understand how the Bryan food truck works. You don't think Datcher is worth some juicy jumbos. I disagree.
    Somehow if it were this easy, I think Kentucky would have 10 4-Stars paying their own way every season

vCash
    Y'all realize that having a booster pay the way of a "walkon" to skirt around scholarship limitations is a pretty major NCAA violation, right?

Like, Howland-and-Cohen-get-show-causes level.

vCash
    I really hope X graduates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Y'all realize that having a booster pay the way of a "walkon" to skirt around scholarship limitations is a pretty major NCAA violation, right?

I don’t think it’s that serious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    I really hope X graduates
    What’s his GPA***

Banned
    vCash

You're the only one talking about breaking NCAA rules, I am talking about Juicy Jumbos. Big difference.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We will have 1 transfer. Could be 2 but I'm leaning towards just 1 right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We will have 1 transfer. Could be 2 but I'm leaning towards just 1 right now.
    Eli, right?

vCash
    You're the only one talking about breaking NCAA rules, I am talking about Juicy Jumbos. Big difference.
    Cheating the 13 scholarship limit (which applies to any kind of scholarship in men's basketball, not just ones given by the athletic department) would be a major scandal not even in the same galaxy as the hundred dollar handshakes that everyone gives.

If this weren't such a colossal violation, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and lots of other teams would be full of fake walkons.

vCash
    Cheating the 13 scholarship limit (which applies to any kind of scholarship in men's basketball, not just ones given by the athletic department) would be a major scandal not even in the same galaxy as the hundred dollar handshakes that everyone gives.

If this weren't such a colossal violation, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and lots of other teams would be full of fake walkons.
    That’s not cheating. The player pays his way, and after he leaves, he gets reimbursed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Eli, right?
    Can?t blame him if he does, but I hope he does not. Seemed like every time he played the last two months he contributed. Prob should have gotten some more minutes.

Banned
    vCash

It's not cheating. MSU is dirt cheap tuition. It's time we took advantage of that.

vCash
    They already do this. Kentucky and Bama have kids that turn down scholarships at other places to walk-on there. Been doing it for years.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Eli, right?
    No, it's Eli, Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    No, it's Eli, Wright.
    Eli, wrong?

vCash
    Feazell would have benefited greatly by redshirting this year. Howland knew he wasn't ready for SEC basketball out of high school so I'm surprised he played him. I wonder if he knew it was likely for Herard to transfer so he played Feazell early in the year to get him as ready as possible for after Herard left. I hate what the one and done rule has done to college basketball. Feazell is going to eventually be a really good player for someone but in today's world a lot of programs don't want to take up roster space for someone who will be good their junior and senior seasons.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Feazell would have benefited greatly by redshirting this year. Howland knew he wasn't ready for SEC basketball out of high school so I'm surprised he played him. I wonder if he knew it was likely for Herard to transfer so he played Feazell early in the year to get him as ready as possible for after Herard left. I hate what the one and done rule has done to college basketball. Feazell is going to eventually be a really good player for someone but in today's world a lot of programs don't want to take up roster space for someone who will be good their junior and senior seasons.
    He didn't RS because kids just don't want to RS in basketball. It's almost unheard of without an injury or academic or NCAA issue. I didn't mind Feazell getting his feet wet this year. I wish he would accept a RS next year but I doubt he will. DJ Stewart would be a RS candidate too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    61 and myself melted for months over losing tookie
    Similar subject maybe, is D'Marcus Simonds at Georgia State someone we were on at one point? He has really good stats at a Sun Belt level school too.