Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NIT game thread vs Nebraska

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I think I saw that their conference schedule happened to be abnormally soft considering how many good B10 teams there are. And their non conference schedule wasn't very strong
    B10 might of had the worst season in history this year. Usually strong teams like Wisconsin and Indiana sucked and it hurt a team like Nebraska. 13-5 is usually an auto lock for tourney in that league but not this year with there only being 3-4 good teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    B10 might of had the worst season in history this year. Usually strong teams like Wisconsin and Indiana sucked and it hurt a team like Nebraska. 13-5 is usually an auto lock for tourney in that league but not this year with there only being 3-4 good teams.
    Their RPI was 58 according to Warren Nolan. I’m stunned they were an NIT 5 seed and I know their fan base was too. Makes no sense honestly. Baylor is an NIT 1 seed and had a 60 RPI. We just beat a really good team. They should have been a 1 or 2 seed in this tournament.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well not sure what to say about the game. We we're definitely the better team on the court tonight. If Nebraska played our schedule, they wouldn't have won 20 games this season.

We looked rusty as hell out there. I am not sure who I want shooting the ball right now other than Peters. Ado needs to learn how to avoid contact a little when he has the ball. Can't Lawrence Roberts come and teach him how to catch the ball and make an immediate move to where the defense is soft.

Also, I saw us make a cut to the basket today with Stappleton and we actually got him the ball in the 1st half.

Do we not practice a pick and roll? With Ado, Holman, and Peters we should get 15 a game of of a simple pick and roll. Heck, I wonder if you could just let those three practice that one play and it's variants. I just want to see our big man roll to the basket and get to the line or get the two points. Still waiting to see it.

Q has had a rough 1.75 years. Since he broke his wrist, it seems like he is on Debbie downers like Phil Michelson was for a while. Like his A-D-D meds are making him act like his mind isn't actually there with him. He needs to turn into a veteran on O. A preditor that is ready to attack nonstop. It would be interesting if we should run him in circles on offense.

Ado scored tonight, but he doesn't position himself all to well to be counted on.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well not sure what to say about the game. We we're definitely the better team on the court tonight. If Nebraska played our schedule, they wouldn't have won 20 games this season.

We looked rusty as hell out there. I am not sure who I want shooting the ball right now other than Peters. Ado needs to learn how to avoid contact a little when he has the ball. Can't Lawrence Roberts come and teach him how to catch the ball and make an immediate move to where the defense is soft.

Also, I saw us make a cut to the basket today with Stappleton and we actually got him the ball in the 1st half.

Do we not practice a pick and roll? With Ado, Holman, and Peters we should get 15 a game of of a simple pick and roll. Heck, I wonder if you could just let those three practice that one play and it's variants. I just want to see our big man roll to the basket and get to the line or get the two points. Still waiting to see it.

Q has had a rough 1.75 years. Since he broke his wrist, it seems like he is on Debbie downers like Phil Michelson was for a while. Like his A-D-D meds are making him act like his mind isn't actually there with him. He needs to turn into a veteran on O. A preditor that is ready to attack nonstop. It would be interesting if we should run him in circles on offense.

Ado scored tonight, but he doesn't position himself all to well to be counted on.
    Lot of good points in this post especially the pick and roll stuff. With Peters, Ado and Holman buckets should be so easy. Just set a pick for Peters up top with one of them and have the other on the wing and then run some type of cut to the basket amongst the three of them. One of them is guaranteed to get a dunk. I hate our motion offense up top. I'd much rather go to a variant of backdoor cuts and pick and roll offense. If Holman stood up top and Peters ran the offense just through him it'd be deadly with Holman's ability to shoot the 3. I don't like how stubborn Howland is to try different things. I'd like us to always be changing how we play and using different defenses. I wanna see a zone some. I wanna see a game where we decide to be Press Virginia. I wanna see us be Princeton and back door cut a team to death. I wanna see us run a Duke high tempo shoot 3's on transition game sometimes. Change it up so the defense can't key on one thing. It's too boring to run the same damn stuff all the time. I realize if you just try to get really good at one thing it has it's benefits but **** that. I want to be high tempo and crazy. Maybe I should just start coaching cause I am never gonna be satisfied with some things no matter who the coach is.