Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RIP Dr. Stephen Hawking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    The pope did not say that. It was a fake meme circulated on FB

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mass-exodus/
    I'm definitely not referring to some dumb Facebook meme, a website I haven't even visited in almost 10 years.

This was shortly after he became pope. http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/fait...y.php?id=51077

"Even them, everyone, we all have the duty to do good, Pope Francis said on Vatican Radio.

"Just do good" was his challenge, "and we'll find a meeting point."

Francis explained himself, "The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart, do good and do not do evil. All of us. 'But, Father, this man is not Catholic! He cannot do good.' Yes, he can... The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there."

Another article from another statement he made in 2015: http://www.oregonlive.com/today/inde...ope_to_fa.html

"I start by saying -- and this is the fundamental thing -- that God's mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart," Francis wrote. "The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience. Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience."

vCash
    Intelligence doesn?t preempt trolling attempts. You all get sucked in like a star into a black hole. Or for some of you, your heads get sucked into your brown star. This thread has been fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Intelligence doesn?t preempt trolling attempts. You all get sucked in like a star into a black hole. Or for some of you, your heads get sucked into your brown star. This thread has been fun to watch.
    Don't you have another candle to light in your closet shrine to Jerry Falwell?***

Is that how it's done? Trolling is admittedly new to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    thanks for clarifying that Pope Francis' opinion is the true Word of God.
    Well, to us Catholics it is....
    ?Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well when you cannot add to the conversation, might as well troll. Bet you own a Yeti.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well when you cannot add to the conversation, might as well troll. Bet you own a Yeti.
    You’d lose that bet. Don’t hate the player. You guys caught up in yourselves are easy targets. It’s all serious on the interwebs sports message boards when a dead physicist is mentioned. I hate it for you guys. Learn to enjoy life. Stop trying to prove a point with everything.

vCash
    You’d lose that bet. Don’t hate the player. You guys caught up in yourselves are easy targets. It’s all serious on the interwebs sports message boards when a dead physicist is mentioned. I hate it for you guys. Learn to enjoy life. Stop trying to prove a point with everything.
    So... you think you are so cool that you admit to just trolling people?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    So... you think you are so cool that you admit to just trolling people?
    Cooterpoot has been trolling since he got pissed about something involving the women's basketball team. I think he didn't like how some of the posters were being negative in a game thread or something and he has been mercifully trolling the board ever since.

vCash

OK I'll bite

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    It?s an opportunity we missed as American Christians.
    Define the difference between an American Christian and an Asian Christian? or Australian Christian, or heck a British Christian? Do we each follow a Christ with different accents and dietary preferences?

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    I'm sure heaven is wheelchair accessible, bra...the ramp is probably just to the right out of frame....I also expect to find whiskey, beer, tomatoes, doggie-style, rock'n'roll, crude humor, and dry-aged steaks...*

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm sure heaven is wheelchair accessible, bra...the ramp is probably just to the right out of frame....I also expect to find whiskey, beer, tomatoes, doggie-style, rock'n'roll, crude humor, and dry-aged steaks...*

Maybe God's trolling him? a little "crude humor" if I may? LOL

vCash
    Maybe God's trolling him? a little "crude humor" if I may? LOL
    Indeed**