Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Dr. Stephen Hawking

vCash
    Dr. Hawking was kind of a piece of shit in his personal life. That is mostly irrelevant to his scientific prowess--he is a legend who moved our understanding of physics forward immensely. In full disclosure: a hero to many young scientists, including me. To suggest that he's a quack or that his arrogance clouded his thought process is to completely misunderstand the magnitude of what Hawking did and discovered.

vCash
    Was there a rip Dr Grahamn thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Yup

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ghlight=Graham

ETA: you're going to tell me you aren't, but you have to be absolutely miserable looking at every event as an "us vs them" political situation.
    Last edited by WeWonItAll(Most); 03-14-2018 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    Yes there was. And it was fine.

Also, if we're going to start recognizing honorary doctorates, I must insist we also recognize:

Dr. Sean "Puffy" Combs
    Dr. Dolly Parton
    Dr. Jon Bon Jovi
    Dr. LL Cool J
    Dr. William Shatner
    Dr. Shaquille O'Neal

et al.

Last edited by BeardoMSU; 03-14-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Why does that matter? Amazing to me y'all can't just say RIP to a man that had a big impact on this world despite severe limitations. If someone can't find some inspiration in what he was able to accomplish in his life despite all the obstacles he faced they've got issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Yup

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ghlight=Graham

ETA: you're going to tell me you aren't, but you have to be absolutely miserable looking at every event as an "us vs them" political situation.
    Oh, he is...without a doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Why does that matter? Amazing to me y'all can't just say RIP to a man that had a big impact on this world despite severe limitations. If someone can't find some inspiration in what he was able to accomplish in his life despite all the obstacles he faced they've got issues.
    This^^^

vCash
    He was a meanie butt who didn't believe in God so now he's burning********

I've seen several posts like this on facebook.. why do I get on social media???

Thank you, Dr. Hawking
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    All I'll say is that maybe the man should have put a few points into strength and Constitution instead of pumping it all into Intelligence and Wisdom. Perhaps he could have done as most nerds do and used Charisma as his dump stat.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    I don’t know enough about him or what he worked on to really comment. Judging by this thread I’m far from alone.

vCash
    Yes. You need to take something to heart or you’re going to be miserable forever. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Doesn’t matter what others do. If your “side” is wrong it’s just wrong. It doesn’t matter if the other “side” did something wrong too. How the deaths of Billy Graham or Stephen Hawking is politically partisan is absolutely ridiculous and a sign. Both men had great contributions to society in totally different realms.

vCash
    Oh I bet he believes in God now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    All I'll say is that maybe the man should have put a few points into strength and Constitution instead of pumping it all into Intelligence and Wisdom. Perhaps he could have done as most nerds do and used Charisma as his dump stat.
    Roll for initiative m'fer!**

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    *rolls 1*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Ha. You believe a degree is a sign of intelligence beyond being intelligent enough to get it? I've seen enough dumbassery from "intelligent" people to know it doesn't matter. Nobody debates he was intelligent. But he also had a lot of outlandish BS going through that giant brain of his. He was an arrogant quack.
    Yeah when you are trying to have an original thought on something as big as the history and physics of the universe, sometimes it comes out as total bullshit. You should try it sometime.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Ha. You believe a degree is a sign of intelligence beyond being intelligent enough to get it? I've seen enough dumbassery from "intelligent" people to know it doesn't matter. Nobody debates he was intelligent. But he also had a lot of outlandish BS going through that giant brain of his. He was an arrogant quack.
    Rather than just disparaging you like everyone else is doing, I'll just ask you--what about his work did you think was "outlandish BS" or justified calling him an "arrogant quack?"

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Damn, I hate Mississippians sometimes.
    Someone you have never met that is a genius has nothing to do with you.
    Get over your fear that someone knows something you don't, and acknowledge their expertise.
    Just because you do not understand what someone is saying, does not make that person a quack.
    Just because someone that has 4 PHDs does not threaten your way of life. Their PHDs do not trump your GED, nor vice versa.
    This man contributed more to the understanding of theoretical physics and the universe than almost any person to ever live.
    He may be proven wrong someday, but he dedicated his entire life searching for answers and should be respected as such.
    All things nonreligious is not against your God, and stop being a p-ssy about it.
    True faith wouldn't be worried about it. Our God put him here for a reason. Do you not trust God in his plan? Sounds like you don't.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    +5 to Nerd Check skill

vCash
    Hate MS? Why? A neutral observer of this thread may just as easily conclude that MS is more dominated by atheists who take some questionable msg board comments and ascribe the opinions therein to an entire religion.