Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: March Madness Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: March Madness Edition

It?s tourney time and it?s warming up. I?m grillin tomorrow

vCash
    We are chilling and grilling with drunken chicken on Sat. Today, we broke out the slow cooker since I was home in my office. Had chicken breast with soy sauce, ketchup, mince garlic, honey, tobasco, Tony's and salt & pepper. Surprised, but it was really good. I will try on pork chops as a marinade for the grill. Wasabi and Ginger slices would work with this marinade. We broke open a bottle of Cab and Pinot for thirst.

vCash
    Grilled chicken, sausage, roasted new potatoes, broccoli and a few sculpins.

The weather looks to be cleaing up for the morning, so me and the little man are going to check out his favorite bank fishing spot. Looks a little too windy to bother gettin the boat out and dealing with it.

vCash
    Glass of cab and sopranos in honor of the announcement of a sopranos prequel movie

vCash
    Grilled grouper and rubbed on a little teriyaki/honey glaze while on the grill. Also grilled some pineapple and made grouper sandwiches. Not bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Grilled grouper and rubbed on a little teriyaki/honey glaze while on the grill. Also grilled some pineapple and made grouper sandwiches. Not bad.
    That sounds killer. We went to Cock of the Walk for catfish and as soon as I get these kids down, I have a bottle wine of Apothetic dark red blend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Glass of cab and sopranos in honor of the announcement of a sopranos prequel movie
    The Sopranos is my all time favorite show.

I try to tell my friends who love GoT and shows on the other networks, that without the success of Sopranos, they wouldn't have 'em, but they don't believe me....It's true though.

I've probably watched The Sopranos from start to finish several dozen times, who knows...and that doesn't include the times I've watched my favorite clips/episodes just to bide time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    We are chilling and grilling with drunken chicken on Sat. Today, we broke out the slow cooker since I was home in my office. Had chicken breast with soy sauce, ketchup, mince garlic, honey, tobasco, Tony's and salt & pepper. Surprised, but it was really good. I will try on pork chops as a marinade for the grill. Wasabi and Ginger slices would work with this marinade. We broke open a bottle of Cab and Pinot for thirst.
    everything there is excellent outside the ketchup.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    "not bad" my ass. now I'm hungry.

vCash
    Just fired up the grill. Doing dinner later so we can get the kids in bed and actually enjoy ourselves instead of feeding and eating at the same time. I’m doing filets, grilled squash, baked tater, and Caesar salad. The standard. I’ll brown some fresh minced garlic and butter to finish the steaks for their resting time. Bout to pour a healthy glass of red (same Apothic dark blend).

vCash
    Smoking a Boston Butt this evening on the kamado.