vCash

Tim Tadlock

Mark this thread and thank me in June.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    SS

vCash
    Seems likely.

How many times has Texas tech been to Omaha with him, two? And what?s his background?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Seems likely.

How many times has Texas tech been to Omaha with him, two? And what?s his background?
    I googled him yesterday, he's solid. been there 5 years and I remember it saying he's been to Omaha 2 times. he's won some conference titles there too and that conference ain't too shabby. he kicked ass at that Texas Juco too.

my concern is that I believe he's an alum of Tech. forgot to click on the salary link though. would be interested to know how much he's making there.

vCash
    He makes $400K. That’s what I just read.

vCash
    Seems most likely out of Tadlock, Schlossnagle, and McDonell. What was tech like before he got there?

vCash
    Pre-Tadlock: 0 CWS Appearances
    Tadlock Era: 2 CWS Appearances in 4 years.

vCash
    Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I’m just having trouble seeing why he’d leave Tech.

- He an alum

- Just signed a 6 year deal worth $700K per

- Has an easier recruiting situation at Tech than he would at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I’m just having trouble seeing why he’d leave Tech.

- He an alum

- Just signed a 6 year deal worth $700K per

- Has an easier recruiting situation at Tech than he would at MSU.
    Link?

vCash
    He's also missed a regional twice in his five years. I think he's a good coach but I'd rather have a couple of others before him.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    He's also missed a regional twice in his five years. I think he's a good coach but I'd rather have a couple of others before him.
    One was his first year after a bad year before he took the job. Can't count that.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    One was his first year after a bad year before he took the job. Can't count that.
    Preacher, you are all over the place with your pick, choice and prediction. I get it you like the rest of us want a good coach but in reality, none of us on ED really know what Cohen is thinking o doing.

One thing I'm glad about, Cohen keeps things pretty quite, his football pick came as a surprise, I wouldn't be surprise IF our new Baseball Coach isn't just as big of a surprise.

Btw, This is the first time in my long memory of not following the baseball team, I just can't watch them and I go way back with around 1970 when we played with wooden bats, beginning of left field lounge, small pine trees around the outfield fence, Red Ripple was hard to find and touting the outfielders of visiting teams were becoming legendary! LOL, HailState!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Pre-Tadlock: 0 CWS Appearances
    Tadlock Era: 2 CWS Appearances in 4 years.
    yep. a stat that cannot be ignored. if anyone has any doubts about this guy, feel free to check this out. from the Tech website. if however, he just signed a new 6 year $700K deal I doubt we get him. especially since he's an alum.

http://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2040&path=baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    True, but his resume so far just doesn't stand out like some of the others being mentioned. So far this year he went 1-2 vs Kentucky, 1-1 vs Louisville, 1-2 against Baylor (who has a losing record). I think he's a good coach but he doesn't excite me.

Banned
    vCash
    the last deal was in 2016. 6 years at $700K. was put into place once the Tech AD thought the Longhorns were after him. not sure about any buyout. I just saw where it prohibits him from bolting within their conference.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/filed-o...ract-big-raise

vCash
    If we can get McDonnell, I want him. But Schlossnagle is my top, but I don’t know that he’d leave TCU.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'm hearing more on McDonnell than Tadlock but we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'm hearing more on McDonnell than Tadlock but we'll see.
    Home run hire for sho, if so I would rate this as the biggest baseball hire in the Sec as long as I can remember. Btw, how old is McDonnell, where is he from I'm to lazy to look it up? Did he play college baseball, does he have a good "tree" of assistants with HC jobs?

Banned
    vCash
    anybody know the buy out details of McDonnell's contract? would we be willing to surpass his $1M annual salary? I did find it interesting that he got $150K if he stayed thru June of 2017 though. I'm thinking there have been no extensions or changes since this 2016 block buster of a deal was done. can't believe dude started with Louisville making $140K. damn.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32114532/c...baseball-coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Home run hire for sho, if so I would rate this as the biggest baseball hire in the Sec as long as I can remember. Btw, how old is McDonnell, where is he from I'm to lazy to look it up? Did he play college baseball, does he have a good "tree" of assistants with HC jobs?
    He played college baseball at The Citadal. He was in the CWS when we beat them in 1990. Has been to 10 regionals in 11 years as a head coach gone to 7 Supers and 4 CWS all at a school which had no history whatsoever in college baseball and will go back to shit more then likely once he leaves. He graduated college in 1992 so that puts him in his mid-40s. He already has over 500 wins as an HC. To say this would be a Home Run hire would be an understatement. To me, he’s a top 3 coach in college baseball today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McDonnell