Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprised no mention of Kermit Jr to the Sharks!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Unless a contract has been signed, wouldn’t shock me to see Kermit stay at MTSU.

I said it before it’s the worse basketball gig in the conference.
    Reporting that he's accepted

vCash
    MTSU losing in their conference tourney really screwed Kermit. I think if they had made the big tourney and won a game or two he could have gotten better offers than Ole Miss but at this point in his career he knows this is about the best he can do - which has to be depressing to him. I think the only way he is successful at Ole Miss is if they decide to give a shit about basketball and use their football recruiting tactics for basketball. It has always perplexed me that as much as they love recruiting on the plantation that they have shunned basketball. It is the best sport in which to get really good really quickly if you are willing to do whatever it takes to get players.

vCash
    Kellenburger did a hit piece on the sharks hoops program. Somebody must have peed on his leg up there, cause he sure don't like em anymore.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ate/423681002/

Don't know for sure, but heard that Kermit was rethinking since Matta turned down the other bulldogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's getting older & it's probably his last shot at a P5 job & big payday. Take it & if it doesn't work out you've banked $4-6m for retirement.
    I agree 100% it will be a huge pay raise, but if he thinks another P5 is a year away that actually gives a shit about Hoops and gives him a shot he could rethink it. Im sure he will take it but feed back from Clut U isn?t good

vCash
    NM
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-14-2018 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    I think it definitely shows that the Sharts don't give a d**n about basketball when a State grad is actually being considered for a job at the Plantation. Chancellor was brought in to coach women's because of what he did at Harrison Central -- unlike Schafer who has a lot of college experience. Chancellor was able to do something without the athletic department caring -- and when he left the women's team went bust. I doubt Bjork put much into a search, and won't for the women's search either, simply because if 11 aren't playing on a field, no one in Oxtard cares (their softballl team won the SEC last season and who heard about it?)

vCash
    I read (on the rant) that they’re going to pay Kermit $2.8M. That’s more than we pay Howland, and Kermit ain’t no Howland, I can assure you that.
    Last edited by Bulldog1; 03-14-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He?s a good coach but not a great recruiter. He was going to bring Butch Pierre with him and make him associate head coach if he had landed the State job instead of Ray. Not sure who his top assistant/recruiter will be at Ole Miss. He?s basically an Andy Kennedy clone. Good coach but blah recruiter. If Penny gets the job at Memphis, I think that hurts Ole Miss far worse then it could hurt us. We shall see. I think they will get more of the same with Davis that they had with Kennedy. I think it?s a slight upgrade but they certainly could have done worse and they didn?t really Rick Ray their situation. I give it a solid B-.
    Penny will get the cream of the cream in Memphis area. If Kermit comes in and gets sloppy seconds, he'll do well. Plenty of talent in Memphis area to support 4-5 good D1 programs.