Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
He's too moody and sensitive. I don't think it would end well- I would suspect that hiring him and then later forcing him to leave would be the third darkest day in my MSU baseball life behind the Cann scandal and Polk going beserk.

In other words we don't need to do anything like that right now.

I feel like MSU baseball has been relatively unstable for awhile now- going back to at least when Polk resigned if not before that as our fans gradually lost interest after realizing that he just didn't have the fire anymore. There was always a large portion of the fanbase that didn't support Cohen as the coach the entire time he was here- and it's pretty remarkable he had success despite that. It's also funny to me that those same people that didn't support Cohen as the coach now support him as the AD and are good with him. I thought Cann would bring stability- but even before his scandal the timing of the hire and the fact that it was mostly Cohen's old staff made that situation unstable. And now we've had to deal with Cann's scandal all the while building a new stadium and playing a ton of games on the road.

We need whoever the next coach is to be of not only caliber but also someone that brings in his own staff and will be here for at least 8-10 years with tremendous results. Hiring old baseball heroes who have never recruited before is not the way to do that. And with Palmeiro it may strain our relationship with Will Clark on top of that if Raffy is on staff.
This is not going to happen, its not an ideal situation for sure but until one thing changes Raffy isn't going to have much to do with our baseball program.