First of all our QB was hurt on a cheap shot. That game got completely out of hand because of the incompetence of the officials. How were those officials penalized or reprimanded? They were punished by getting to officiate the SEC Championship Game. Did Dan Mullen stick up for our players? No. If MSU did anything it was definitely behind the scenes.

Secondly now you have this situation with Nick Weatherspoon. You have a player down for 14 seconds and then he gets jumped on because the officials didn't stop play when they should have. It was so egregious, even Tennessee fans thought it was terrible. This situation was even worse because Nick could have been seriously injured to the point where his life would have been dramatically affected. What does the SEC do? They take up for the irresponsible out of line officials who should have been suspended for incompetence. What does John Cohen do? He puts out something out about how he is 100% sure that Greg Sankey is all about player safety paraphrased.

What's next? I guess we'll take it up the ass again when some guy for LSU throws at Jake Mangum or Tanner Allen's head and the umpire doesn't do anything about it. Maybe.

MSU needs to stand up for our players even if it means the school gets penalized monetarily. I'm tired of the SEC bullying us and not protecting our players. It's absolutely unacceptable that our AD just seems to "go along with it" so we won't rock the boat at the expense of our players safety. It's absolutely unacceptable that the SEC has incredibly incompetent officials that they pander to because they are part of the GOB network. Most officials that have even a shred of pride want to do their job well. And when the SEC doesn't do anything when officials perform poorly it sends the wrong message to them that they are doing a good job. It also creates a sense of entitlement since the penalty for arguing with them about their ridiculous bullshit is excessive to both the school and the coach. And if the SEC gives me the "Well the officials are just fans who have real jobs and love the game more than you ever will!" line of bullshit- I say this- if I loved a sport that much to the point where I wanted to get involved with it at that level you better damn well believe that I would do and want the conference to support maximizing my performance so that I could be the best that I could be. Dear SEC- I know this a novel idea but actually doing things that hold you officials accountable in all sports actually improves your overall product. It works for pro sports anyway.

Rant over.