Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: quote from a new coach on our football staff

vCash

quote from a new coach on our football staff

"I can't believe how much defensive talent is on this football team."
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

So Coach how do you feel about our new coaching staff?

We'll see how we do on the field. I hated losing Grantham. Am interested to see how the new OL coach does(in fielding an OL) vs Hevesy.

I am really interested to see if they will be more or less successful recruiting than Mullen+staff

vCash

vCash
    Are we practicing yet?

vCash
    We start practice March 20

vCash
    Was this an offensive or defensive coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    It never fails. I cringe and laugh every time I see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Was this an offensive or defensive coach?
    D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Houston Dog View Post
    We'll see how we do on the field. I hated losing Grantham. Am interested to see how the new OL coach does(in fielding an OL) vs Hevesy.

I am really interested to see if they will be more or less successful recruiting than Mullen+staff
    I think our new staff will do well. You cant really mess this up. We are one of the top 6-7 most talented defenses in the country.

vCash
    It's probably our most deep group since 1999. I could see 10+ guys playing in the NFL after they leave MSU. Getting Sweat back was huge.

Can't wait to hear similar comments on the offensive side of the ball now that the country club is gone.

vCash
    Our front 7 is just nasty. We may not have the absurd depth Alabama has enjoyed over the years, but I’d put our starters in the same league as some of their best.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Shoop said something similar in a press conference a week or so ago, though he was talking specifically about the D line:

"I'm a pretty lucky guy . . . . There's a bunch of guys up front where we can run eight, nine or 10 guys up front," Shoop said. "We have as much depth up front as any place I have ever been, and I don't feel like there is a significant drop-off between those guys."
    I haven't looked back at the talent he had at Penn State or (at least on paper, outside of Barnett) at UT. But I'd be shocked if he's ever had as many quality defensive linemen as we've got on the roster this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post

vCash
    This defense is going to eat some offenses for lunch. LSU's throwback 1990 I-formation offense being chief among them. The fans will be loudly booing the offense by late second quarter.

Banned
    vCash

The last time I heard that much optimism from the defensive staff

Ron Cooper and John Blake were talking about all the defensive talent they had.....just sayin'.

vCash
    Last time I heard this much optimism was 1999

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Last time I heard this much optimism was 1999
    I feel like the 2018 defense has more top end talent than 99, but we were solid across the board and better at DB under Joe Lee.
    Simmons and Sweat can each take over a game, and I think both of these guys are 1st round talents. I Smoot went 2nd or 3rd round and all of the others were mid to late round picks that mostly didn?t have impactful NFL pro careers (Smoot, Mario Haggan, maybe one more are exceptions)
    Our 2018 offense will no doubt be a lot better than 1999s especially at QB.
    All of those things add up to 10-2, 11-1.
    <insert wooly sheep pic>

vCash
    A lot riding on Bob Shoop like I've said 100 times. He better not screw this up, we have a shot at ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    Ron Cooper and John Blake were talking about all the defensive talent they had.....just sayin'.
    Apples and oranges. We were under investigation and coming off of a 3-8 season with a fairly long SEC winless streak going into 2003. And many people felt like it would be Jackie's last year unless he pulled another miracle out of his ass like 1996.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    I feel like the 2018 defense has more top end talent than 99, but we were solid across the board and better at DB under Joe Lee.
    Simmons and Sweat can each take over a game, and I think both of these guys are 1st round talents. I Smoot went 2nd or 3rd round and all of the others were mid to late round picks that mostly didn?t have impactful NFL pro careers (Smoot, Mario Haggan, maybe one more are exceptions)
    Our 2018 offense will no doubt be a lot better than 1999s especially at QB.
    All of those things add up to 10-2, 11-1.
    <insert wooly sheep pic>
    The 1999 team should have gone undefeated- we were screwed big time at Alabama and at Arkansas. The SEC WAS NOT going to let us win the SEC West again or the SEC for that matter.

I have a bad feeling that the SEC isn't going to let us win at Alabama again this year.