Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Just counts as one loss in the standings. Gotta remember that. Could be detrimental or could be a learning experience for the younger guys.

Game came down to hitting Bryant on an 0-2 pitch then the two strike swingin bunt. That's baseball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Just counts as one loss in the standings. Gotta remember that. Could be detrimental or could be a learning experience for the younger guys.

Game came down to hitting Bryant on an 0-2 pitch then the two strike swingin bunt. That's baseball...
    Hindsight and all, but the IBB was dumb too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Yep, not his fault nobody in the pen could throw a strike. I just wish he would've chosen different pitchers to come in.
    Uh, it's not his fault for using all his worst pitchers, even as the tying run came to the plate? How many runs did Minter or Viz give up today? Snit's biggest mistake is thinking Ramirez is a set up guy. He's barely a major leaguer, who got very lucky last year. The advanced stats make.that clear, but obviously Snit ignores them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Uh, it's not his fault for using all his worst pitchers, even as the tying run came to the plate? How many runs did Minter or Viz give up today? Snit's biggest mistake is thinking Ramirez is a set up guy. He's barely a major leaguer, who got very lucky last year. The advanced stats make.that clear, but obviously Snit ignores them.
    Perhaps you didn't read where I said "I just wish he would've chosen different pitchers to come in."

vCash
    Perhaps you didn't read where I said "I just wish he would've chosen different pitchers to come in."
    Yeah, I did, after you said its not his fault nobody in the pen could throw a strike, when he didn't use the strike throwers. Got hung up on that first sentence, missed the rest. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Yeah, I did, after you said its not his fault nobody in the pen could throw a strike, when he didn't use the strike throwers. Got hung up on that first sentence, missed the rest. My bad.
    Hey I give Snitker heck. I want him gone, but some blame does go on the bullpen too. Snitker makes some head scratching decisions.

vCash
    It was 10-3 after 6. I was really wanting to get through this game without using viz, AJ, or freeman. We even used freeman, and he failed too. Just a flukish loss in about as bad of conditions a baseball game has ever been played in. I'm in no way a snit fan, but this loss isn't on him

vCash
    Hey I give Snitker heck. I want him gone, but some blame does go on the bullpen too. Snitker makes some head scratching decisions.
    Here's the thing...as braves fans we "snit pick" (sorry) on a lot of things we notice cuz we watch a lot of games, same as with state players and coaches. Now I'm not a snit hater by any means, but I also don't think he's the next Casey Stengel.

I'm sure yankee fans can tell you how they didn't like things girardi did or the cards didn't always like how Larussa handled things. And I'm sure you could find a game where they gave up a big lead by trying to get by and give the top relievers a day off. I would have liked to have seen someone come in to face Baez but if he pops up and gets out of it then it's a different story. Again, it wasn't on snit that Bryant was plunked 0-2 and guy couldn't have rolled that swinging bunt any better.

vCash
    It's easy for me to jump down Snitker because I'm not a very big fan of his to begin with, but it's not on him today. If I had one coach I could run off, it would be Chuckie Hernandez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It was 10-3 after 6. I was really wanting to get through this game without using viz, AJ, or freeman. We even used freeman, and he failed too. Just a flukish loss in about as bad of conditions a baseball game has ever been played in. I'm in no way a snit fan, but this loss isn't on him
    I disagree. Newcombe pitched too long in the 6th, though the last AB as lefty vs lefty was ok. The problem was the 8th when he left Ramirez in FAR too long. With 2 outs, he failed to treat it as a situation to bring in Minter or Viz. It was not a situation to use Freeman. Luke Jackson sucking is on the GM, that was properly a situation to go to the back of the pen.

It's not flukish when a poor reliever is not the set-up man the manger acts like he is. Ramirez sucks.

vCash
    They scored 9 times in the 8th inning without the best 2 relievers coming into the game.

vCash
    Man Nola is a good pitcher. Wonder if their idiot manager pulls hm after 5 tonite? BTW someone tell 7 that we are back on the air.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Man Nola is a good pitcher. Wonder if their idiot manager pulls hm after 5 tonite? BTW someone tell 7 that we are back on the air.
    I'm here

FF hit a ball 900 mph... right at someone for DP. Sucks

vCash
    Only if he's at 68 pitches*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm here

FF hit a ball 900 mph... right at someone for DP. Sucks
    BABIP working overtime.

vCash
    Only if he's at 68 pitches*
    Ouch good one/

vCash
    Check out Harpers broken bat HR against the mets. Just unbelievable.

vCash
    Check out Harpers broken bat HR against the mets. Just unbelievable.
    Prepping for a huge year in a Braves unit next year?

vCash
    Prepping for a huge year in a Braves unit next year?
    You're forgetting some of these******

vCash
    You're forgetting some of these******
    Always a chance. But Yes, I'm joking. He's not coming here.