Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cowboys Draft this year....

vCash

The Cowboys Draft this year....

As a long time Cowboys fan, I do not get all of the hate for the Dallas' draft picks this year...I think the front office has done an outstanding job so far. The Boyz have added Tevon Austin in a trade from the Raiders, Hurns and drafted Gallup from Colorado St. who is a big time player. They also added a WR from Boise St. plus have Williams and Beasley who can both play. Also, they picked up much needed depth at OL by drafting Williams out of Texas. Couple that with getting Bo Scarbrough from Bama in the 7th round to play along with Elliot, and I am very, very pleased with Dallas' draft this year. People love to hate on Jerry Jones but this year is not the year to complain about draft picks. ( They did give up Switzer in the trade with LA)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    As a long time Cowboys fan, I do not get all of the hate for the Dallas' draft picks this year...I think the front office has done an outstanding job so far. The Boyz have added Tevon Austin in a trade from the Raiders, Hurns and drafted Gallup from Colorado St. who is a big time player. They also added a WR from Boise St. plus have Williams and Beasley who can both play. Also, they picked up much needed depth at OL by drafting Williams out of Texas. Couple that with getting Bo Scarbrough from Bama in the 7th round to play along with Elliot, and I am very, very pleased with Dallas' draft this year. People love to hate on Jerry Jones but this year is not the year to complain about draft picks. ( They did give up Switzer in the trade with LA)
    I agree 100%. They didn?t have a bad draft at all. Play better defense and they will win.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    They are going to have to do something in the secondary and along the DL still. They got shredded at times on defense last year.

I think offensively now they are fine. But if they can get Earl Thomas and find a way to get another CB they need to do it.

vCash
    They didn?t get a DT (the trade was a garbage player). Austin is terrible. The WR is a smaller Dez. I liked the LB pick and the OL is ok but DT was more of a need. Going to be a 5 yard pass kinda offense and no defense team. Jerry is an idiot ...no, the fans that keep giving him their money are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They didn?t get a DT (the trade was a garbage player). Austin is terrible. The WR is a smaller Dez. I liked the LB pick and the OL is ok but DT was more of a need. Going to be a 5 yard pass kinda offense and no defense team. Jerry is an idiot ...no, the fans that keep giving him their money are.
    I disagree, they traded Switzer who caught six passes last year and had a big fumbled punt inside the 10 against the Rams that flipped that game...Dallas also picked up a DT from the Raiders in that trade. I will take Austin over Switzer.

vCash
    I disagree, they traded Switzer who caught six passes last year and had a big fumbled punt inside the 10 against the Rams that flipped that game...Dallas also picked up a DT from the Raiders in that trade. I will take Austin over Switzer.
    Agreed

vCash
    I still think you take Ridley in the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    I'm with you on this! Especially after Stephen quoted that they always take best player available regardless of position needs. That guy is a game changer! We know all too well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Ridley is a slot WR in the NFL. He's a small frame guy and the Cowboys didn't need slot guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm with you on this! Especially after Stephen quoted that they always take best player available regardless of position needs. That guy is a game changer! We know all too well!
    I don't know, will he be allowed to score TDs in the NFL by running himself out of bounds and then coming back in to make the catch and score? I mean that's the way he changed the game on us.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't know, will he be allowed to score TDs in the NFL by running himself out of bounds and then coming back in to make the catch and score? I mean that's the way he changed the game on us.
    Yep. And they used that highlight in his draft video. WTF. Does no one else see that.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Austin is a fumble machine. He’s not an upgrade. Not that Switzer was very good either. And Jihad barely plays. He’s a trash player. Kiper say Dallas was the worst draft of their division. Everyone sees Jerry is a damn fool.

vCash
    Austin is a fumble machine. He’s not an upgrade. Not that Switzer was very good either. And Jihad barely plays. He’s a trash player. Kiper say Dallas was the worst draft of their division. Everyone sees Jerry is a damn fool.
    Kiper has followers to appease. He's an analyst with his opinion based with no coaching experiences. Jerry would know more about football and his team

vCash
    Jerry has won how many games? Jerry’s team has how many championships since all those players Jimmy Johnson drafted are gone? He’s a damn fool with the team, who’s making money off a great franchise. Remind me how many playoff wins Dallas has since the mid-90’s cause it looks like about 2 the last 20 years.

vCash
    Jerry has won how many games? Jerry’s team has how many championships since all those players Jimmy Johnson drafted are gone? He’s a damn fool with the team, who’s making money off a great franchise. Remind me how many playoff wins Dallas has since the mid-90’s cause it looks like about 2 the last 20 years.
    Now do the same breakdown for Kiper. He's won or coached how many games? He's played how many snaps? He's gained knowledge how? He goes and asks questions then reports what he's told wrong or indifferent.
    Jerry knows what he's doing. People can hate all they want. If he's not winning games he's getting paid. The man is a winner and losers hate winners.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 04-30-2018 at 06:34 AM.

vCash
    Dak still has zero WR’s to throw to and with Witten retiring, a bad situation just got worse. WTF Jerry???

Hurns - #1 WR for Dallas now?? Injury prone 3rd WR, maybe #2 if healthy all 16 games but #1??? No Way!
    T Austin - garbage, bad hands, not a WR, returner and good for a reverse or two, that’s about it.
    Beasley -#3 possession WR. Small & limited skill set
    T Williams - has done nothing the last 3-4 years that says anything but #3 WR and his stats are just that
    Gallup - questionable speed plus a rookie, not expected to be an impact WR for Dallas
    TE????? Anyone????

Dak and Dallas deserves better than that rag tag group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Now do the same breakdown for Kiper. He's won or coached how many games? He's played how many snaps? He's gained knowledge how? He goes and asks questions then reports what he's told wrong or indifferent.
    Jerry knows what he's doing. People can hate all they want. If he's not winning games he's getting paid. The man is a winner and losers hate winners.
    We're talking about evaluating the draft, not coaching or playing. Why does that go over your head? Kiper isn't the only person saying the Dallas draft wasn't strong. Again, look at where this franchise is......Jones is killing it (not in the positive way). We still have terrible WRs and no DL. The secondary has to show improvement this year or I'm willing to say we missed on guys there too. No TE worth a crap on the team, especially if Witten retires. They did nothing to catch up with the Eagles.

vCash
    We're talking about evaluating the draft, not coaching or playing. Why does that go over your head? Kiper isn't the only person saying the Dallas draft wasn't strong. Again, look at where this franchise is......Jones is killing it (not in the positive way). We still have terrible WRs and no DL. The secondary has to show improvement this year or I'm willing to say we missed on guys there too. No TE worth a crap on the team, especially if Witten retires. They did nothing to catch up with the Eagles.
    They won 13 games a year prior. I also wouldn't say terrible WR's they just don't have an All Pro. That's similar to most NFL teams. They've had no TE play worth discussing for awhile now. Witten is no game changer. The backup was/is better. The defense actually played better last year than the 13 win team. I expect this team to be a lot better now that Dez and slow Witten are gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    They won 13 games a year prior. I also wouldn't say terrible WR's they just don't have an All Pro. That's similar to most NFL teams. They've had no TE play worth discussing for awhile now. Witten is no game changer. The backup was/is better. The defense actually played better last year than the 13 win team. I expect this team to be a lot better now that Dez and slow Witten are gone
    You crazy. Yes, terrible WRs. There is no #1 WR. Hell, I'm not sure there's a #2 really. Witten is the best blocking TE you'll ever see. He helps open up that running game. He was 7th among TEs in catches and 10th in TDs. And in the redzone, he's still solid. That defense was 25th out of 32 teams last year. Get out of here with that crap. I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with you it's so bad....

vCash
    You crazy. Yes, terrible WRs. There is no #1 WR. Hell, I'm not sure there's a #2 really. Witten is the best blocking TE you'll ever see. He helps open up that running game. He was 7th among TEs in catches and 10th in TDs. And in the redzone, he's still solid. That defense was 25th out of 32 teams last year. Get out of here with that crap. I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with you it's so bad....
    Lol...you're excited about a blocking TE? You can sign an undrafted free agent to block. He didn't open up jack shit. They ran the ball between the tackles most of the time or behind a real blocker Tyrone Smith. Witten is trash. You won't waste your time because you're bragging about a washed up TE and your man Kiper has no football knowledge.