Thread: We should play USM in between the Kentucky and Florida series

vCash

We should play USM in between the Kentucky and Florida series

in either Starkville or Pearl to make up for the game we lost due to the fog out. Both of us have lost a game and it looks like that could fit our schedule. It would be another RPI top 50 game for us.

vCash
    We should play Jackson State on the road. We can't afford another loss at all.

vCash
    I'm not planning on losing to them.

They are 0-3 against SEC teams that have a coach that isn't sexting in the dugout.

vCash
    Alternatively we could return to UTRGV and finish the game we started.

I'm sure they would do it for some $$

vCash
    Weird season in Mississippi college baseball:

MSU is 3-1 vs. OM but 0-3 vs. USM
    OM is 2-0 vs. USM but 1-3 vs. MSU
    USM is 3-0 vs. MSU but 0-2 vs. OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    Weird season in Mississippi college baseball:

MSU is 3-1 vs. OM but 0-3 vs. USM
    OM is 2-0 vs. USM but 1-3 vs. MSU
    USM is 3-0 vs. MSU but 0-2 vs. OM
    It is a weird season in Mississippi baseball but our record against USM this year is understandable in hindsight. It was a bad mix of playing a highly motivated team in their park with a coach that was checked out and a team that was distracted. I feel like if we played them now it would be a little bit different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not planning on losing to them.

They are 0-3 against SEC teams that have a coach that isn't sexting in the dugout.
    This would be unusual for USM in a single season. I understand that their depth is an issue.

vCash
    I'm all for playing the yellow ba$tards again. Revenge is my primary motivation!