Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Just read an article predicting AJ Minter to be a 25 save guy this year. Any of y’all buying this?
    If Viz loses the job, it will for sure go to Minter and he will easily get 25 saves. I don't think Viz is likely to lose it though. Between Sam Freeman (rhp right?) and Ramirez, and a lack of another good lefty, it makes too much sense to use Minter as the lefty killer in the 7th or 8th.

Well, Freeman is a lefty. So raise those odds from 10% to 25%. But Brothers sucks, so if it were me I'd still prefer to use Minter more against lefties as the situation dictates, easing him in to the pros.

Plus I think Viz is a FA after this year, so he's a trade candidate at any time.

vCash
    And for those who projected Wisler to have a prominent role in the Bullpen he just gave up 7 runs in less than a third of an inning.

vCash
    Well, we just released Scott Kazmir. Just ate $16M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And for those who projected Wisler to have a prominent role in the Bullpen he just gave up 7 runs in less than a third of an inning.
    He'll be a workhorse for someone eventually. Remember Bruce Chen?

vCash
    I'm not a baseball fan, but the Braves are my team of choice to have on the tube during the summer when there is no real sports on. Hopefully they don't suck as bad this year.

vCash
    Well Folty is having a good day***************

vCash
    Well Folty is having a good day***************
    Lol... nice way to enter season. Had not given up an ER all spring... made up for it today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol... nice way to enter season. Had not given up an ER all spring... made up for it today
    Yeah not a good way this late. Add in Yesterdays performance with essentially the opening day lineup, Camargo and Acuna missing, we gonna stink.

vCash
    Braves sign Peter bourjos. Might sign Ryan Flaherty

vCash
    This really excites me*************** Just go get Brandon Phillips and Matt Adams back. At Least they had power.

vCash
    We winning it all****

vCash
    This really excites me*************** Just go get Brandon Phillips and Matt Adams back. At Least they had power.
    He is a 4th OF that is a plus defender to back up inciarte in CF. He has an ops a little over .700 vs lhp, so he could be useful. Markakis and inciarte have been in the .600s vs lhp

vCash
    He is a 4th OF that is a plus defender to back up inciarte in CF. He has an ops a little over .700 vs lhp, so he could be useful. Markakis and inciarte have been in the .600s vs lhp
    He’s fast too. At least he used to be

vCash
    Braves supposedly in on Jose Bautista. He was terrible last season; but if the deal is cheap, I might bite as a platoon guy with tucker and maybe Markakis once acuna is up

vCash
    Braves supposedly in on Jose Bautista. He was terrible last season; but if the deal is cheap, I might bite as a platoon guy with tucker and maybe Markakis once acuna is up
    At the least, he’ll provide decent power off the bench.

vCash
    These moves stink of a new GM desperate to make moves, but either too scared to make a big one, or they just aren't there so he shuffles the chairs around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    These moves stink of a new GM desperate to make moves, but either too scared to make a big one, or they just aren't there so he shuffles the chairs around.
    This. That to me would be a horrid move with us on the hook for the downhill part of a formerly good players career. He's 37. Just got through with a season where he had a .203 BA a .308 OBP, and struck out 170 times in 587 ABs. He would still command 8-10 million dollars per year on a 2 or 3 year contract. That would be terrible for us because we don't need a guy that is striking out 29% of the time and had 50 more strikeouts than hits last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This. That to me would be a horrid move with us on the hook for the downhill part of a formerly good players career. He's 37. Just got through with a season where he had a .203 BA a .308 OBP, and struck out 170 times in 587 ABs. He would still command 8-10 million dollars per year on a 2 or 3 year contract. That would be terrible for us because we don't need a guy that is striking out 29% of the time and had 50 more strikeouts than hits last year.
    If he is asking 8-10, the braves will not be signing him. I think it will much, much less than that though. Look at Jon jay who was put up 1.6 fWAR last season... he got 3 million. Chris young got 2 million. I say Bautista gets 4-5 million tops. Supposedly it is the Braves and rays showing interest, and those are two of the cheaper teams in mlb

vCash
    Braves make it official. Signed Ryan Flaherty and Peter Borjous.