Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

18 days till opening day... getting a little excited about this team now. I think they will be a decent club.

Inciarte
    Albies
    FF
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Markakis
    Camargo
    Swanson
    Tucker (just till acuna is up)

Teheran
    McCarthy
    Folty
    Newcomb
    Kazmir/wisler (just until gohara is healthy)

I do not think we challenge for the division or anything, but I think the WC could be in play. The pitching looks to be a whole lot better in the SSS of ST... hopefully it is not a mirage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    18 days till opening day... getting a little excited about this team now. I think they will be a decent club.

Inciarte
    Albies
    FF
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Markakis
    Camargo
    Swanson

Teheran
    McCarthy
    Folty
    Newcomb

I do not think we challenge for the division or anything, but I think the WC could be in play. The pitching looks to be a whole lot better in the SSS of ST... hopefully it is not a mirage.
    I’m excited too! Ready to see what these young guys can do.

vCash
    Man, ya'll need a Braves sticky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Man, ya'll need a Braves sticky.
    You a cardinals fan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    You a cardinals fan?
    Nope, I really don't pay much attention to MLB, I pull for teams that have MSU players on them. I was only saying ya'll need a sticky because 7 starts a Braves thread practically everyday during the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Nope, I really don't pay much attention to MLB, I pull for teams that have MSU players on them. I was only saying ya'll need a sticky because 7 starts a Braves thread practically everyday during the season
    Haha ok.

vCash
    Need a big bat and a legit #1 on the bump

vCash
    I’m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA’s after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Need a big bat and a legit #1 on the bump
    Acuna and gohara or soroka. These are those guys, but they are still babies.

vCash
    I?m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA?s after this year.
    Donaldson, perhaps.

vCash

Inciarte
    Albies
    FF
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Markakis
    Camargo
    Swanson

Teheran
    McCarthy
    Folty
    Newcomb

Whats wrong with DS? Is he hurt? His BA is now a whooping .186 and he hasn't played the last few games. Colon is looking good there at SS. Oh Yeah Wisler still sucks.

vCash
    I’m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA’s after this year.
    Absolutely. They'll have $35M per season to spend without even raising payroll. Probably $60M when factoring in revenue increases and reduction in prospect spending.

vCash
    I think Acuna starts opening day. No reason for him not to, as he's showing he's ready so far this spring. I know, service time, super 2, blah blah blah. The guy is a legit 20/20 talent according to the scouts and most of them think we'd be crazy to not have him out there opening day. Play the kid from the jump and bat him 2 or 4-6.

Kazmir is a lock for the rotation once he's healthy. One of the best big game pitchers in MLB when he's on. No way we don't find a way to have him out there every 5th day. I'd say McCarthy is the odd man out in the rotation. I still think Wisler is going to be good. He's just not going to be the elite pitcher some had hyped him to be. But he could be a solid 3 or 4. I'm backing Folty to make the big jump and be our legit #1. Trade Teheran ASAP.

We'll definitely spend money next offseason. Probably try to sign Machado or Donaldson. Let one of them play a few seasons while Austin Riley develops. Might go get a pitcher, but I'd be disappointed if we did. We've got plenty of young arms I'd rather roll with since we're going to suck anyway. Go get the best bat possible and a real catcher. The Flowers/Suzuki platoon is ok, but it could be a black hole in a hurry.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think Acuna starts opening day. No reason for him not to, as he's showing he's ready so far this spring. I know, service time, super 2, blah blah blah. The guy is a legit 20/20 talent according to the scouts and most of them think we'd be crazy to not have him out there opening day. Play the kid from the jump and bat him 2 or 4-6.

Kazmir is a lock for the rotation once he's healthy. One of the best big game pitchers in MLB when he's on. No way we don't find a way to have him out there every 5th day. I'd say McCarthy is the odd man out in the rotation. I still think Wisler is going to be good. He's just not going to be the elite pitcher some had hyped him to be. But he could be a solid 3 or 4. I'm backing Folty to make the big jump and be our legit #1. Trade Teheran ASAP.

We'll definitely spend money next offseason. Probably try to sign Machado or Donaldson. Let one of them play a few seasons while Austin Riley develops. Might go get a pitcher, but I'd be disappointed if we did. We've got plenty of young arms I'd rather roll with since we're going to suck anyway. Go get the best bat possible and a real catcher. The Flowers/Suzuki platoon is ok, but it could be a black hole in a hurry.
    I would like to see the young arms getting quality play time this year. Gohara is going to be good but I have followed him this past year and he can hit 97-98 for a few innings, 2-4, but it drops off dramatically after that. So I would start him in the BP first. But he has to stay healthy first. Teheren and Folty would be the 4-5 pitchers on most teams.

vCash
    The Braves trade all their good players not sign good ones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

You only have to wait to mid April to bring up Acuna and gain a whole year of service time. It?s not like you have to wait until late May or June

vCash
    Newcomb spring...
    10.2 ip 4 h 3 er 2 bb 12 k
    Era = 2.65
    Whip = 0.59

This is SSS, but wow... if Newcomb stops walking guys, we have a legitimate #1 guy

vCash
    Newcomb spring...
    10.2 ip 4 h 3 er 2 bb 12 k
    Era = 2.65
    Whip = 0.59

This is SSS, but wow... if Newcomb stops walking guys, we have a legitimate #1 guy
    Wow. Impressive numbers

vCash
    Well the braves send Riley down. Need to send swanson with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well the braves send Riley down. Need to send swanson with him.
    I like Swanson