Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
the expectations of this team were overinflated since the beginning. We are young and replaced a lot in our lineup. I said before the season we were a 3 seed type team. We have really good pitching but we are young at the plate.

Now that being said, because of our pitching depth, in SEC play we can win series because of how good we are on the mound. But we are going to lose games because we can?t hit consistently. Catchers are rough at the plate, Alexander even with the homer isn?t going to hit consistently, and we knew going into the season that RF was a major question mark.

This shouldn?t be a surprise to people. We have 3 freshmen in the lineup consistently and 2 of them are hanging around in the center of our lineup. And Rowdy isn?t a 9 hole hitter, but for this current lineup he?s a hell of a lot more effective setting up Mangum and Stovall. That should be pretty obvious that we don?t have what we need to hit consistently. This season isn?t a wash, but if you think we will get better than a 3 seed you need to fix your expectations. We are young and are going to play young. Still a good ball club but not world beaters. And considering all we?ve been through I would say making a regional as a 3 seed would show me a crap ton about this young team.
Good post Met Ed.