Thread: Orange and white report slams sec refs

vCash

Orange and white report slams sec refs

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Great article and spot on. That could have ended Nick?s career last night. I know people have been throwing around the word lawsuit loosely, but if that had ended Nick?s career, there?s no doubt in my mind that would have been one for the record books. And justifiably so.

vCash
    Really hard hitting article and spot on.

The only way that the incompetent officiating stops is that there is an economic incentive for it to stop. It is cheap and easy to put these clowns and that is what the SEC is doing. It would take training and management of the poor performers for things to get better, would take $'s. The SEC, as the article states, cares more about the $'s than the SA's or safety and I guess that someone will need to be permanently maimed for them do something about it. It shows up in football and all other sports as well. It is past time for accountability of the officials, at present they control the outcome of far too many games and lurk in the shadows with no accountability.

vCash
    The article may have been a little over the top (wanted the refs replaced on the spot) but the sentiment was basically correct, with the added force of originating from the opponents fans.

Imagine a three -year old wandering onto the unoccupied end of the court. No one would question immediate cessation. Nick was just about that vulnerable, and the consequences of non-stoppage played out predictably.

vCash
    It seems dang near everyone but the refs, the SEC, 34, and 61 think the play should have been stopped. The only thing that article had wrong was I don’t think he stayed down because of the hip. I think he was still dazed from hitting his head on the floor. If you watch his reaction he sees them coming, but barley starts to move at all. If it had just been his hip, he would have done more to get out of the way no matter how bad his hip was.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    The refs are human and had we not gotten the steal and subsequent layup this would be a non issue. As we?ve seen all year the refs suck and have very few cognitive skills to make proper split second decisions.

That being said. They are humans and humans make mistakes. Just happens that this mistake was followed with a perfect storm of evythay led to a much worse incident. Once again the keyboard cowboys, who never played with anything than their pecked, are writing articles after the fact of a split second decision not to stop a team on a fast break layup.

This pack mentality to attack those we disagree with is why this nation is going down the shitter. The lack of logical thought is another. Break the sequence of events down into smaller parts and actually see how many things had to happen for the outcome to be what it was and think, had any single part of the sequence been altered, the outcome would?ve been different.

Yes it sucks one of our own was badly hurt, but life is unpredictable. If Q had turned the ball over like he has done frequently recently, you keyboard cowboys would be bitching about that and wouldn?t have the injury to both about.

vCash
    What about adding 1 more ref to the floor. Would that help the officiating? I think the game has gotten too fast for these old guys and that leads to them guessing on fouls instead of seeing them. What if you had a referee on each baseline and then 2 on the side. The refs on the baseline would not go past half court and then they wouldn?t be behind the play on fast breaks. Or hire young officials who can really run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadog View Post
    What about adding 1 more ref to the floor. Would that help the officiating? I think the game has gotten too fast for these old guys and that leads to them guessing on fouls instead of seeing them. What if you had a referee on each baseline and then 2 on the side. The refs on the baseline would not go past half court and then they wouldn?t be behind the play on fast breaks. Or hire young officials who can really run
    one more blind mouse is not going to help what is a judgement issue. These guys are not "not seeing" the missed fouls and or injured players it is the fact that they don't or won't make the right decision. The training and continuous evaluation of the officials needs to be improved it is as simple as that.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    4 officials on the court would be WAYYY to over-crowded. NBA doesn't even have 4 on the court. The most you want or need on a court is 3. A 3 man crew can cover a lot of court at once and have multiple angles.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    It was a blistering report and they were spot on!

vCash
    I used to ref high school, the base line guy only goes to half court, even with 2 refs.

vCash
    If that was my kid on the floor my ass would be at a lawyers office Monday getting ready to sue the Ref's in the game, the head of officiating, the NCAA, and the shit head who runs the SEC. I guarantee those weak ass mother ****ers would crumble and settle. I would mortgage my house to do it.

vCash
    If you do nothing else at an athletic event, do the thing that reduces the odds of serious injury to participants and observers. The refs failed on job one.