Thread: quote from a new coach on our football staff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

quote from a new coach on our football staff

"I can't believe how much defensive talent is on this football team."
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

So Coach how do you feel about our new coaching staff?

We'll see how we do on the field. I hated losing Grantham. Am interested to see how the new OL coach does(in fielding an OL) vs Hevesy.

I am really interested to see if they will be more or less successful recruiting than Mullen+staff

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    It never fails. I cringe and laugh every time I see that.

vCash

vCash
    Dammit Vegas, ruined any sex for me tonight.

Banned
    vCash
    is this ass opposite of "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" ? or are there parallels ? anybody here been round enough to remember that line that eventually pissed most folk off? that would be pre-ED days on other boards that I'm too senile to remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Houston Dog View Post
    We'll see how we do on the field. I hated losing Grantham. Am interested to see how the new OL coach does(in fielding an OL) vs Hevesy.

I am really interested to see if they will be more or less successful recruiting than Mullen+staff
    I think our new staff will do well. You cant really mess this up. We are one of the top 6-7 most talented defenses in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think our new staff will do well. You cant really mess this up. We are one of the top 6-7 most talented defenses in the country.
    Areas of Concern: OL (depth), DT (depth) & CB (starters & depth)
    Need Corey Thomas to stay healthy this season. He got hurt vs LSU and had to miss both the Georgia and Auburn games which allowed Georgia to double and even triple (a couple of times) J Simmons and pretty much do whatever they wanted vs our D.
    CT, if healthy, should have a huge Senior year but he must stay on the field and give Jeffrey some help at other DT spot. Also, still pretty average at CB with little quality depth. Peters is too routinely beaten inside and deep, cb is still just not a natural position for him.
    Ditto for OL. Paper thin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Need Corey Thomas to stay healthy this season. He got hurt vs LSU and had to miss both the Georgia and Auburn games which allowed Georgia to double and even triple (a couple of times) J Simmons and pretty much do whatever they wanted vs our D.
    CT, if healthy, should have a huge Senior year but he must stay on the field and give Jeffrey some help at other DT spot. Also, still pretty average at CB with little quality depth. Peters is too routinely beaten inside and deep, cb is still just not a natural position for him.
    Don't forget C. Rivers adding depth to DL.

vCash
    completely disagree. We have some good depth finally at DT and on the OL- especially at OG.
    Not as worried about CB as I was for 2017. Dantzler looked good in the bowl game and either he or Peters will be the 3rd CB because the juco that redshirted is going to start at 1 corner
    Last edited by Coach34; 03-11-2018 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    completely disagree. We have some good depth finally at DT and on the OL- especially at OG.
    Not as worried about CB as I was for 3017. Dantzler looked good in the bowl game and either he or Peters will be the 3rd CB because the juco that redshirted is going to start at 1 corner
    I agree with 34 this team is 1999 good.

vCash
    I don't get why we're "paper thin" at OL. So we lose Rankin and the backup C, but Phillips and Suggs should both be good enough to be competent backups. Maybe give Story some snaps at C and and we can lose 3 starters and have competent backups. That's pretty good depth.

DT is another position I don't see problems with. First off Rivers gives more depth at DE and allows us more freedom to shift other guys around, secondly Lee Autry comes off redshirt to add another big body. Hoyett, Brown, harris, and now Autry gives 4 competent backups along the interior. Seems like as deep as you'll ever get, tbh

CB I agree with. We all agree Dantzler will be solid, and Peters isn't a disaster... but with Rayford as the only backup, we really need MM or Cole or someone to step up and play at a level between Peters and Dantzler. If peters is the #2 CB come game time I'll be worried. But I'm fine with him as the first backup in

vCash
    Are we practicing yet?

vCash
    We start practice March 20

vCash
    Was this an offensive or defensive coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Was this an offensive or defensive coach?
    D

vCash
    D
    We only have 2 new defensive coaches LB and DC.

vCash
    It's probably our most deep group since 1999. I could see 10+ guys playing in the NFL after they leave MSU. Getting Sweat back was huge.

Can't wait to hear similar comments on the offensive side of the ball now that the country club is gone.

vCash
    Our front 7 is just nasty. We may not have the absurd depth Alabama has enjoyed over the years, but I’d put our starters in the same league as some of their best.