Thread: Read somewhere that the New Dude seating capacity.....

Banned
    vCash

Read somewhere that the New Dude seating capacity.....

....was 15,500. I'm not sure about that, but it could be accurate. The new main grandstand will seat about 5K once the upper sections are finished. This leaves the grass berm areas and outfield. The RF berm probably seats maybe 1K. The LF berm area is much smaller and will seat about 500. So, this leaves about 9,500 for the outfield and standing room rails. Hard to see that, when the old outfield area sat between 4-5K which was considered very full. My calculations would be about 5K for outfield and standing rail spots. Thus, I estimate the total capacity to be 11,500 comfortably. Unless the outfield seats TWICE what it used to, then I don't think our capacity is 15.5K, but more like 11-12K. Any ideas or thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-09-2018 at 05:15 AM.

vCash
    Not sure about seats but sure is way more room to stand and walk around. Based on the SPS thread on the same subject, stand by!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I would think capacity is definitely larger than it was before.

vCash
    Was told last weekend this years capacity will be around 10,500 and when it is complete next year it will be able to hold just over 17,000. not including the lofts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    ....was 15,500. I'm not sure about that, but it could be accurate. The new main grandstand will seat about 5K once the upper sections are finished. This leaves the grass berm areas and outfield. The RF berm probably seats maybe 1K. The LF berm area is much smaller and will seat about 500. So, this leaves about 9,500 for the outfield and standing room rails. Hard to see that, when the old outfield area sat between 4-5K which was considered very full. My calculations would be about 5K for outfield and standing rail spots. Thus, I estimate the total capacity to be 11,500 comfortably. Unless the outfield seats TWICE what it used to, then I don't think our capacity is 15.5K, but more like 11-12K. Any ideas or thoughts on this?
    It sounds like you're counting standing room in with seating capacity. If you're standing, you don't have a seat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It sounds like you're counting standing room in with seating capacity. If you're standing, you don't have a seat.
    Seating capacity will be less. Total capacity might be a tad bit greater. Definitely more place to stand.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I was.....and it is kind of hard to count standing room as a permanent seat since you only have a rail to place a drink or food on. Outfield does seem bigger, grandstand about the same, bleachers vs grass berms seem to be reduced, but standing areas may make up for bleacher seat loss.