Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- L.A/Santa Monica

vCash

OT- L.A/Santa Monica

Taking a trip to LA next week and the girl I?m staying with lives in Santa Monica on the beach. I?ve never been west of Colorado and I have Thursday and Friday to myself while she is at work. If anybody has been there what is some stuff in that area I should do while I have the time? I am not familiar with LA/Santa Monica at all so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    LAX is the devil. You'll be close to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and they're pretty cool. Plenty of sight-seeing available. Beaches area is nice.
    Cali isn't as bad as people make it out (Just get the hell out of LA).
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-08-2018 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Walk or rent a bike and walk/ride on the boardwalk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach. The people watching is unbelievable and will keep you entertained. I was out there last summer and had a blast. Be forewarned, traffic is the worst you will ever experience. We rented a convertible and rode up the PCH and also went into LA and caught Tom Petty's last show at the Hollywood Bowl before he passed away. Had a blast and look forward to going out there again.
    Last edited by Tailgate Superstar; 03-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    If she's hot I would not be concerned about even leaving the house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    LAX is the devil. You'll be close to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and they're pretty cool. Plenty of sight-seeing available. Beaches area is nice.
    Cali isn't as bad as people make it out (Just get the hell out of LA).
    I’d live in California over almost anywhere else in the country.

vCash
    All depends on what you are interested in... being a tourist and sight seeing, gawking around town on a tmz tour looking for a star, or enjoying the town for things you enjoy. Beer? Wine? , Food, or other activities.

vCash
    If you like art, LA is the only comparison to NYC. Broad museum (modern art), Getty museum (classics, great views), and LA county museum of art (the classics, lots of ancient artifacts) are all top notch. I’d at least pick one to hit for a few hours. Get on eater.com and go find their best taco recommendations. Hit up phantom carriage brewery (my favorite out of LA). Hang out in Venice beach. Check out a comedy show at upright citizens brigade or million other comedy clubs. Check out a lakers game if they are at home.

That’s more than enough to eat up 2 days of free time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    All depends on what you are interested in... being a tourist and sight seeing, gawking around town on a tmz tour looking for a star, or enjoying the town for things you enjoy. Beer? Wine? , Food, or other activities.
    LA is such a big place, you can literally make whatever you want to make of it. You can be a beach bum, you can eat and drink with some of the best in the world, you can stalk movie stars, you can go find hipster hoods with quirky shops, you can go hiking, you can get cultured by hopping from museum to museum. It?s not all just gawking at movie stars and plastic surgery. I was actually kinda surprised how much I enjoyed LA. I probably like it more than the bay area right now (for comparison to the other main metro attraction in California).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    LA is such a big place, you can literally make whatever you want to make of it. You can be a beach bum, you can eat and drink with some of the best in the world, you can stalk movie stars, you can go find hipster hoods with quirky shops, you can go hiking, you can get cultured by hopping from museum to museum. It?s not all just gawking at movie stars and plastic surgery. I was actually kinda surprised how much I enjoyed LA. I probably like it more than the bay area right now (for comparison to the other main metro attraction in California).
    That's kinda my point..never been. But if he's only got 2 days, not like walking into a small town with few options.. best to plan and figure out what you are interested in and plan it out... or hell just wing it. but hard for anyone to just suggest what to do without knowing what his interests are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Taking a trip to LA next week and the girl I?m staying with lives in Santa Monica on the beach. I?ve never been west of Colorado and I have Thursday and Friday to myself while she is at work. If anybody has been there what is some stuff in that area I should do while I have the time? I am not familiar with LA/Santa Monica at all so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Visit Universal Studios. Ask for Babs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Needs pics to give advice.

vCash
    LA sucks. San Fran is ok. Spent a lot of time in Cali to many people cost of living is ridiculous. Northern cali is nice though.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Better visit now before they secede.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Take the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu hang out at the pier. If you like sushi go to Nobu in Malibu. Santa Monica pier is good for people watching cause you will some crazy stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Yea she?s stacked. I hate flying but my ass aint missing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I?m really down for anything, I?d normally like to just party but I actually want to do some sight seeing

vCash
    Thanks for the info guys

vCash
    After you do Santa Monica watch Goliath on Amazon (with Billy Bob Thorton). It was filmed on location there. You will see a bunch of stuff you'll recognize.

If you have a car and can spare more time, drive down to the Laguna Beach area. Unbelievable views. While you are driving there look for the Crystal Cove Shake Shack. It's literally on the side of the road (pacific coast highway), with outdoor seating on top of the cliffs looking over the Pacific. Get a burger and shake and just chill. It's a great local spot. About 1 hour a way, maybe hour a half. Check it out here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...alifornia.html

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Don?t bring back any of their views on policy or life in general, please.

vCash
    Can’t not make it political, can y’all?