Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitz is running...

vCash

Fitz is running...

For the first time running since the injury.
    Video posted on twitter an hour ago...

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/statu...55310576717824

On another note... Need to get tweet embedding turned on for the forum...

Banned
    vCash
    Excellent.....with a good summer workout, hopefully he'll be ready for the fall and be up to speed. Having him and Keyteon will be vitally important to our success this year. And I sure hope the freshman QB from TX will get as many reps and PT as we can get him, so we'll have 3 QBs depth wise. That's the one position I like having 3 deep with actual playing experience under their belts. All 3 QBs should get at least a quarter against SFA. And maybe Mayden can get 2 quarters in that game under his belt.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Excellent.....with a good summer workout, hopefully he'll be ready for the fall and be up to speed. Having him and Keyteon will be vitally important to our success this year. And I sure hope the freshman QB from TX will get as many reps and PT as we can get him, so we'll have 3 QBs depth wise. That's the one position I like having 3 deep in actual playing experience under their belts.
    KT and Mayden getting all the spring reps is great going forward.
    We just need Fitz to get comfortable and have good chemistry with the incoming WR this summer leading into pre season practice

vCash
    lol at Kylin's comment

"jogging*"

vCash
    I hope he gets elected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdog View Post
    I hope he gets elected.
    Indeed, and we'll played

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    KT and Mayden getting all the spring reps is great going forward.
    We just need Fitz to get comfortable and have good chemistry with the incoming WR this summer leading into pre season practice
    Mayden not here for the spring.

vCash
    And I sure hope the freshman QB from TX will get as many reps and PT as we can get him, so we'll have 3 QBs depth wise. That's the one position I like having 3 deep with actual playing experience under their belts..
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Redshirt Mayden all the way.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Nice. I might be able to outrun him right now. Ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Agree. If we lose Fitz and KT this season, we are toast anyways

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

No doubt. Mayden is a bull for the future
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Memphis lost all 3 QBs one year about halfway through the season. They converted a WR who played QB in highschool. He got them enough wins to become bowl eligible. They were lucky. Most teams don't have another player who can step in and play QB at a moment's notice. What if we were undefeated, just beat BAMA and lost both Nick and Keyteon for the year........so you still would keep the redshirt on Mayden? Then let Rip Kirk come in to face Ark and Ole Miss with a SEC Championship, and possible playoff spot on the line? Well, I suppose we could keep the redshirt on Mayden as you say and just roll the dice with Kirk. Would be interesting to say the least.

vCash
    Memphis lost all 3 QBs one year about halfway through the season. They converted a WR who played QB in highschool. He got them enough wins to become bowl eligible. They were lucky. Most teams don't have another player who can step in and play QB at a moment's notice. What if we were undefeated, just beat BAMA and lost both Nick and Keyteon for the year........so you still would keep the redshirt on Mayden? Then let Rip Kirk come in to face Ark and Ole Miss with a SEC Championship, and possible playoff spot on the line? Well, I suppose we could keep the redshirt on Mayden as you say and just roll the dice with Kirk. Would be interesting to say the least.
    Situations like that are where the play four games and you can still redshirt rule helps.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm still having a hard time believing how well KT stepped up in that bowl game. that was so clutch for a freshman.

vCash
    Mayden wont be on campus until June

He will in no way be ready by September- remember, we actually have people worried about Fitz adapting to Moorhead's offense after a Spring Practice, Summer workouts with passing routes, and Fall practice. But we expect Mayden to be ready to play after 4 weeks of practice?

It's going to be hard enough to get KT enough game reps this Fall- and you want to cut into them by playing Mayden????? No Sir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm still having a hard time believing how well KT stepped up in that bowl game. that was so clutch for a freshman.
    Im not. He is a future draft pick and went thru Spring Practice. Plus he got experience during the season- and got every rep during bowl practices. He is an athlete that ran the ball well and did well enough to complete 11 passes in the bowl game vs a Peter Sirmon defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    For the first time running since the injury.
    Video posted on twitter an hour ago...

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/statu...55310576717824

On another note... Need to get tweet embedding turned on for the forum...
    Looks a little slower than he was before the injury...**

Banned
    vCash
    I wonder if he'll be back healthy enough to where he can hang on to his Fastest White Boy in the SEC title?

or did that belong to the UF QB? saw him make a long TD run last year. dude showed some wheels.

vCash
    Im not. He is a future draft pick and went thru Spring Practice. Plus he got experience during the season- and got every rep during bowl practices. He is an athlete that ran the ball well and did well enough to complete 11 passes in the bowl game vs a Peter Sirmon defense.
    While I agree with what you said....I could probably complete 11 passes on a Sirmon defense...just saying.

vCash
    We got Marcus Murphy, who has played some quarterback.