Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
And you're right about the Beatles....if anything, they don't get played enough. I feel like I rarely hear them on the radio. I hear solo stuff from Lennon, Paul (esp. Wings), and George (What is Life is one of my all time favorite songs), but not much Beatles.
Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
Side 2 of Abbey Road is a masterpiece. the only thing you ever hear these days is Here Comes the Sun from that side.
The Beatles are probably the best example of a band whose catalog's near-unanimous critical and commercial success is entirely out of whack with current "classic rock" radio. Even if you relegate the pre-Rubber Soul stuff to "oldies" fare, there are seven entire albums' worth of stuff (well, maybe six and a half, if you filter out some of the duds on the second disc of the White Album) that merit much, much more air play than they get. You'd like to think that it wouldn't be too hard to replace every third spin of freaking "Night Moves" or "Abracadabra" or "We're an American Band" with "You Never Give Me Your Money" or "She's Leaving Home" or "I'm Only Sleeping" or "Hey Bulldog," but who knows.

And 13, I'm with you on Abbey Road. It's my favorite Beatles' album, start to finish, but the second-half song cycle is especially strong.