Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
I guess I should have titled it songs that suck and shouldn't be played classic rock stations.

how anybody doesn't like Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower is amazing. fantastic song.

love me some Bad Company. should play Silver Blue and Gold more though.

like Simple Man, but it needs to be 50 / 50 with Tuesday's Gone which is one of their best songs, Love me some Skynyrd

Be careful bashing Zep, 34 might ban you

plenty of other Clapton songs to play other than cocaine and wonderful night--agreed

don't really HATE Steve Miller, but maybe they do overplay

old Aerosmith is good. never understood the reason the Rocks album blew up like it did. their new shit is awful. their 1st album (Dream On) , Toys in the Attic, and Get Your Wings are 3 very solid albums . Get Your Wings has their best song in my opinion "Seasons of the Wither" which I've never heard once on the radio.

Love me some The Band--disagree with you there

.38 Special has some good songs but Rockin' into the Night isn't one of them--agreed

The Stones are my favorite band. "Start me Up" is a good song but they've got much better. not enough Exile and Beggars on the radio from the Stones.

The Wall is one of the best albums (still prefer Darkside) never cared for Young Lust or Brick in the Wall. too many other great songs on that album to be playing those. Comfortably Numb is more my style.
My list is a mix of songs/bands that I both like and dislike. I like Zeppelin, Hendrix, and the Band, for example, and I'm a Pink Floyd zealot. (Though Zeppelin hasn't aged as well with me as some other bands for some reason.) But, dude, do I really need to hear the back-to-back "Heartbreaker/Living Loving Made" combo or "Whole Lotta Love" again? Where's the BBC version of "Dazed and Confused"? And why do I hear "Since I've Been Loving You" so little? "Good Times Bad Times"? "Bring it On Home"? "What is and What Should Never Be"? Those songs are all as good or better than "Living Loving Maid" or "Kashmir" or whatever, but they're often relegated to random "deep cut" sessions. And the same is true of the Band, Hendrix, the Floyd, and so on. It's like the corporate radio overlords (does Clear Channel still own most of these stations?) refuse to acknowledge the existence of 75% of most bands' back catalog. And we're not talking obscure cuts from obscure, fan-only records. Axis Bold As Love, Music from Big Pink, Animals, and so on and on. These were chart-topping or critically acclaimed classics in the UK and the USA back in the day, but you'd never know it by their lack of air play on "classic rock" radio.

Oh, here's another: "NIB" by Black Sabbath. The record that comes from -- Black Sabbath's self-title debut -- is outstanding, but that song, which is not close to the best on its album, is played way too much.