Thread: Haven't seen this talked about regarding the Lady Bulldigs

vCash

Haven't seen this talked about regarding the Lady Bulldigs

William had a big 3rd Q against SC and literally kept us somewhat in the game. She pushed the ball and forced things to get us some points when nobody else could score. Yet, she didnt play one second of the 4th Q. What the hell?

Vic recruits well, and is an outstanding coach. But that is a strange turn of events considering the situation. Also- why do William and Holmes never play in the back court together? Both can penetrate and shoot, dish, or kick out for an open shot. Would give us something on offense better than Blair and Ro standing outside waiting on a kick out when we cant break down a defense such as Sunday. Blair and Ro were guarded by bigger, quicker players. William and Holmes together would have been a much better way to break down the SC D

Doesn't make alot of sense William didnt play at all in the 4th Q after we rode her in the 3rd
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Repeat of National Championship game last year..

vCash
    I think she was either winded or got hurt. There was a play in the third where she made a burst and the motioned toward the bench. Vic immediately spun around and put Holmes in. I believe that was the last time William was in the game. I remember thinking at the time that she musta gotten hurt or something on that play.

vCash
    I thought Holmes had a lot of open 3 point shots late enough in the game that she should have been taking them and she didn’t. SC was purposely leaving her open from that range and she didn’t pull the trigger. MW could have made them and changed the game

vCash
    He took her out for defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He took her out for defense
    That was a mistake then- because Holmes is not much a of difference defensively. But William and Holmes together would have done alot for us offensively since Blair couldnt get loose for a shot

And subbing for D when you are down 10-13 points is not a good move
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Made no sense to me at the time either, it's one of the things I was yelling at the TV.
    Coach S is great, but his player management during weekend series is not a strong point.

However, the SC game was lost on Friday and Saturday. The minutes played by our starters added up.
    Up double digits on A&M and UK, there were ample opportunities to sit them for at least 10 minutes during both games.

I think Aja played 23ish minutes Saturday. It showed on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That was a mistake then- because Holmes is not much a of difference defensively. But William and Holmes together would have done alot for us offensively since Blair couldnt get loose for a shot

And subbing for D when you are down 10-13 points is not a good move
    I think the train of thought is we have to get stops to come back, cant trade baskets. I wouldve kept MW in though Im with you