Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: No Vansau or Mcnamee in starting line up tonight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hunter having a 5% walk rate, which led to a .284 obp is what killed him. Well, and his defense was terrible
    ok? I said I don?t think Renfroe can hit .250 and his bat keep him in MLB a full season. I may get proven wrong- but until I do- he still hasn?t done it. Doesn?t make me hate Renfroe- just makes me see him as he is- a power guy that doesn?t make enough contact
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There’s a reason you don’t get a batting title or win a trophy for OBP. People expect you to hit the damn baseball at some point
    Not trying to be a troll just saying that it’s early in the year. Will he produce I don’t know but where I said there is a contradiction is that you expect him to produce in big games but yet in your coaching when the production wasn’t there it was because you were hampered by the”speds”. I do have issues with this attitude but that’s for another day. Bottom line is I feel LA has done a good to great job on d and I think that over the next few weeks the batting will come around

vCash
    And lastly shouldn’t you have won in spite of all the deficiencies you faced??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Not trying to be a troll just saying that it’s early in the year. Will he produce I don’t know but where I said there is a contradiction is that you expect him to produce in big games but yet in your coaching when the production wasn’t there it was because you were hampered by the”speds”. I do have issues with this attitude but that’s for another day. Bottom line is I feel LA has done a good to great job on d and I think that over the next few weeks the batting will come around
    I expect Miss State which is a top 5-6 SEC program to not have the worst SS in the SEC. Yet we do Mr troll.

As far as my coaching- I coached at a school that has 4 playoff appearances in the last 30 years. You don’t turn Vandy into Alabama in 6 months- especially when you can’t recruit. 8 Friday’s out of 10- I had the inferior talent on the field. Yet won 4. It was a good year
    Last edited by Coach34; 03-07-2018 at 12:33 AM.

vCash
    3 things: 1- not a troll, you can check me out or ask me. Love the site and enjoy your opinions. 2- Our SS is not gonna be and isn’t any where near the worst in the SEC. 3- 4 teams from each division make the playoffs which came about recently. I’m really impressed by that but I still feel you have some problems blaming your issues on the “speds”.

vCash
    3 things: 1- not a troll, you can check me out or ask me. Love the site and enjoy your opinions. 2- Our SS is not gonna be and isn’t any where near the worst in the SEC. 3- 4 teams from each division make the playoffs which came about recently. I’m really impressed by that but I still feel you have some problems blaming your issues on the “speds”.
    1) we’ll see
    2) what SEC team has a SS worse than us?
    3) until you coach a 4A team that has 2 starters that played in the Special Olympics the Spring before competing in the strongest district in 4A- you have no idea what it takes to try to win games. Especially at a school with 4 playoff appearances in the last 30 years.

vCash
    1-does it matter? To me no. Love the site and enjoy your thoughts, been following since the beginning, posting last year but I give you the wonder if I’m a troll.
    2- you may have me there but I feel good that he is top6. I will ask to name 6-8 better
    3- son playing 4-a ball also. No I don’t coach but I am staying at Holiday Inn tonight! Truth!!

vCash
    What district?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't really get why we don't roll with Gilbert. Poole has definitely earned the right to continue to start.
    Poole was 0 for 4 with 3 SOs. Worse, he looked clueless for a veteran player.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    How many titles Beane win?
    With usually the lowest paid line-up over 19 years, he is a consistent winner. How many State championships you got?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Poole was 0 for 4 with 3 SOs. Worse, he looked clueless for a veteran player.
    He let the umpires strike zone get in his head. They pounded him away, especially in his 2nd and 3rd AB and he didn’t adjust.

Ump was giving the corner plus a couple inches, but he was consistent with it the whole night. Poole never adjusted and he looked clueless because of it.

vCash
    Before I get banned I do want to say I enjoy and agree with a lot of your posts but it’s early in the year. Funny thing is even if it’s late in the year there is no place to dog a guy who is giving effort and playing hard! If he has a bad attitude and is hurting the team maybe but I don’t think this is the case.
    People get banned for arguing with C34??**

vCash
    ok? I said I don?t think Renfroe can hit .250 and his bat keep him in MLB a full season. I may get proven wrong- but until I do- he still hasn?t done it. Doesn?t make me hate Renfroe- just makes me see him as he is- a power guy that doesn?t make enough contact
    Hunter was 6th on the team in OWar. He was 2nd in HRs, 2nd in Doubles, 3rd in RBIs. He was sent down to gain another year of team control. He miraculously was called up when he wouldn't have exceeded the games played for the year. With all of his other tools, he doesn't have to hit .250 to stay up. Bautista has made All Star games with very similar stats that Hunter had last year. If you want to claim you are right for one more year because of some loop hole then congrats. The guy started all year except for a little over 1 month, it isn't even like he is riding the bench like you insinuate with not being good enough to play MLB.

vCash
    Oh he is highly likely to make it this year- I agree. But he hasn’t yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    People get banned for arguing with C34??**
    No. People get banned over ridiculous personal insults. We love to argue at Elitedawgs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    He let the umpires strike zone get in his head. They pounded him away, especially in his 2nd and 3rd AB and he didn’t adjust.

Ump was giving the corner plus a couple inches, but he was consistent with it the whole night. Poole never adjusted and he looked clueless because of it.
    Poole lets too many 1st pitch fastballs go by. then He is in the hole and strikes out. he needs to be more aggressive and He needs to bunt at least once every game.

vCash
    No. People get banned over ridiculous personal insults. We love to argue at Elitedawgs
    but sometimes the Mods are the one throwing out personal insults---but that's ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He is pulling for that. He pulled against hump the whole year, and is still pulling against renfroe
    but why? I can't figure that out. There is a reason Luke is starting--Cann thought he is a starter and so does Henderson. So who knows more 34 or those two Coaches. Have an opinion but don't be a DICK about it.

vCash
    I expect Miss State which is a top 5-6 SEC program to not have the worst SS in the SEC. Yet we do Mr troll.

As far as my coaching- I coached at a school that has 4 playoff appearances in the last 30 years. You don’t turn Vandy into Alabama in 6 months- especially when you can’t recruit. 8 Friday’s out of 10- I had the inferior talent on the field. Yet won 4. It was a good year
    just curious, who did you beat? And where are you coaching this coming year? class 4 is tough, did you play Noxubee and what do you think of K Pruitt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    just curious, who did you beat? And where are you coaching this coming year? class 4 is tough, did you play Noxubee and what do you think of K Pruitt?
    played Noxubee and Louisville. Pruitt is a legit 4.4 guy and a must get for us