Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: No Vansau or Mcnamee in starting line up tonight...

vCash
    If LA can just hit .255, play a good ss, and find other ways to get on base and contribute offensively I?d take that at this point. Hope he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Yeah....I think Coach Henderson is experimenting during the OOC schedule trying to find the optimal lineup. Alexander is in primarily for his defensive prowess. He made an insane play at short during the Houston trip. Not sure if we have a good bat than can defend better than him at the moment. We are not going to win many blowout type games. We just don't have the pop in our lineup. We need a couple Rooker/Renfro class bats in the lineup and we just don't have anyone like that or anyone headed in that direction. Hopefully, by the time the Vandy series rolls around, things will be a little more settled. I don't think we'll make the Dance, but if we do.....then Henderson should be our new coach.....if he really wants to. That would be an amazing feat just to get us into the Dance at all.
    He also made a few other nice plays at SS as well in addition to the one that you are referring to.

I don't think Henderson will be or should be the coach even if we make it to a regional. I don't get the vibe that he wants to anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There is no reason to argue with C34. The only stat he knows in baseball is batting average. C34 determines player value by looking at strictly batting average
    There’s a reason you don’t get a batting title or win a trophy for OBP. People expect you to hit the damn baseball at some point
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think this is absolutely a tourney team and if not Henderson shouldnt be brought back in any capacity. The 4 freshman are gonna be really good at the plate
    I still think we will have to be top 2-3 teams in the league pitching in order to make postseason. I do think sitting the older guys is good though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I still think we will have to be top 2-3 teams in the league pitching in order to make postseason. I do think sitting the older guys is good though.
    If we dont make the NCAA tourney at MS State in baseball it is a fireable offense. This isnt rebuilding after Polk 2. I know we went thru some things with Cann but this team is too talented not to make it to a tourney. Just my 2 cents

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    From what I hear he’s battling average is similar to your football win pct. this year. Bet you would hate to be judged
    lol- I’m gonna assume you are talking to me. We went 4-6 this season which is .400- something FoamBat will never see. And everybody congratulates me for doing that considering the talent we had. When you have 7 SPED’s in your starting 22- with 3 of them on your OL- it makes coaching tough. My LT had never played before- but I discovered him during the Special Olympics at our field. Our OL wore armbands that told them to block right or block left depending on the number called out because they couldn’t remember the plays. We played 7 playoff teams and beat 2 of them. The top 2 teams in our district played for the North title.

i don’t have anything to be ashamed of with my performance this past season and that’s why I was offered a job at a bigger school after the season.

vCash
    It is early in the season. I think Alexander will hit around 250 with an above average glove. 34, I hope you have a winning year next year. But it makes you look like a shithead to continue with the stupid foambat moniker. It's like you are pulling for a Bulldog player to play bad. Surely you are better than that. Criticize if you want but you are way over the line. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lol- I’m gonna assume you are talking to me. We went 4-6 this season which is .400- something FoamBat will never see. And everybody congratulates me for doing that considering the talent we had. When you have 7 SPED’s in your starting 22- with 3 of them on your OL- it makes coaching tough. My LT had never played before- but I discovered him during the Special Olympics at our field. Our OL wore armbands that told them to block right or block left depending on the number called out because they couldn’t remember the plays. We played 7 playoff teams and beat 2 of them. The top 2 teams in our district played for the North title.

i don’t have anything to be ashamed of with my performance this past season and that’s why I was offered a job at a bigger school after the season.
    Lil off topic, but why do you think diwun black won?t pan out? Not disagreeing, just curious your thoughts.

vCash
    There’s a reason you don’t get a batting title or win a trophy for OBP. People expect you to hit the damn baseball at some point
    Andrelton simmons has had negative offensive value in 4 of his 6 mlb seasons, yet he is a career 19.7 fWAR player. Defense matters. And no, Alexander is no simmons, but he is a very good defensive SS.

Billy beane became one of the best GMs in mlb by utilizing the obp stat.

vCash
    Lil off topic, but why do you think diwun black won?t pan out? Not disagreeing, just curious your thoughts.
    FoamBat needs to prove me wrong

Black has too many off the field problems to pan out imo. He is a high risk signee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    It is early in the season. I think Alexander will hit around 250 with an above average glove. 34, I hope you have a winning year next year. But it makes you look like a shithead to continue with the stupid foambat moniker. It's like you are pulling for a Bulldog player to play bad. Surely you are better than that. Criticize if you want but you are way over the line. Just saying.
    He is pulling for that. He pulled against hump the whole year, and is still pulling against renfroe

vCash
    Andrelton simmons has had negative offensive value in 4 of his 6 mlb seasons, yet he is a career 19.7 fWAR player. Defense matters. And no, Alexander is no simmons, but he is a very good defensive SS.

How many titles Beane win?

vCash
    FoamBat needs to prove me wrong

Black has too many off the field problems to pan out imo. He is a high risk signee
    He needs to prove us all wrong. But if he can hit .255 and contribute in other ways that will be ok if he plays a good ss. Dont start moving the goalposts if he does. Nobody expects him to be gridley offensively, just be decent.

vCash
    He needs to prove us all wrong. But if he can hit .255 and contribute in other ways that will be ok if he plays a good ss. Dont start moving the goalposts if he does. Nobody expects him to be gridley offensively, just be decent.
    nobody is moving goalposts. But if you expect him to hit better in SEC play than preconference you have lost your damn mind. This is a banner year for SEC pitching

vCash
    nobody is moving goalposts. But if you expect him to hit better in SEC play than preconference you have lost your damn mind. This is a banner year for SEC pitching
    I?m not expecting it. But it happens every year so im not willing to say it cant be done. Plus I will say he has hit several balls hard that have not fallen and those things tend to avg out over time. Im just saying if he can hit .255 and do other things, that is a win for him and us.

vCash

And Billy Beane will be happy to tell everyone how awesome he is too.

vCash
    He is pulling for that. He pulled against hump the whole year, and is still pulling against renfroe
    no- me telling you something isn’t going to happen isn’t me pulling for it- it’s me e pecting the outcome based on my knowledge,

I knew Hump couldn’t hit a good breaking ball from a RHP- and 2016 proved me right
    Ive said all along FoamBat can’t hit SEC pitching- and he cant
    i said I didn’t think Renfroe’s bat could keep him on MLB a full season- and to date- it hasn’t.

Just prove me me wrong and u can boast. Until then- eat shit

vCash
    Such a contradiction in your last 2-3 posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Such a contradiction in your last 2-3 posts.
    elaborate Mr Troll?

vCash
    no- me telling you something isn’t going to happen isn’t me pulling for it- it’s me e pecting the outcome based on my knowledge,

I knew Hump couldn’t hit a good breaking ball from a RHP- and 2016 proved me right
    Ive said all along FoamBat can’t hit SEC pitching- and he cant
    i said I didn’t think Renfroe’s bat could keep him on MLB a full season- and to date- it hasn’t.

Just prove me me wrong and u can boast. Until then- eat shit
    Hunter having a 5% walk rate, which led to a .284 obp is what killed him. Well, and his defense was terrible