Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midweek starting pitching

vCash

Midweek starting pitching

Have starters been announced for tomorrow and Wednesday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    With actually keeping up with basketball combined with zero home games, I haven't even thought about baseball. Didn't France start midweek at some point? Also is Billingsley a Sunday guy or midweek?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    With actually keeping up with basketball combined with zero home games, I haven't even thought about baseball. Didn't France start midweek at some point? Also is Billingsley a Sunday guy or midweek?
    Billingsley is Sunday. France pitched relief Saturday night, but started vs JSU

vCash
    Cole Marsh on Tues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cole Marsh on Tues
    Cool, a new guy. Got a scouting report? Also, will we use Hatcher as a pitcher any?

ETA... I completely missed Hatcher pitching 0.2 innings.
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-05-2018 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Cole Marsh on Tues
    Then it’s back to TBA after Marsh

vCash
    I was wondering about Marsh yesterday. Has he been injured?

Henderson said TBA for tomorrow because 2 midweeks games aren't going to be the norm for the season. I was just looking at New Mex State's state, and they can hit the ball. They beat Valley 39-0 last week.

Henderson also said that Breaux is healthy, but it sounds like is command isn't there.

vCash
    I was hopeful Laloosh would make some strides this year. Not off to a good start
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I was wondering about Marsh yesterday. Has he been injured?

Henderson said TBA for tomorrow because 2 midweeks games aren't going to be the norm for the season. I was just looking at New Mex State's state, and they can hit the ball. They beat Valley 39-0 last week.

Henderson also said that Breaux is healthy, but it sounds like is command isn't there.
    Marsh was suspended the first weekend of the season. We really haven't had a chance to work him in because of other guys being ahead of him. I've never seen him pitch so I can't really give a decent scouting report.

NMSU can hit- but they haven't beaten anyone respectable yet- Towson, MVSU, and Harvard. New Mexico is a hitters environment too just like Colorado. They probably hit well enough to beat us because our hitting is sporadic. They have lost to Texas Tech and Arizona in midweek games. We really need to win because NMSU's RPI is 253. Our weekend sweep got us into the top 100 at 82. If we win our midweek games from here on out and have a below average SEC season with 13 wins or so we might be able to sneak into a regional as a three seed. We can't afford to lose any of our midweek games other than the Governor's Cup and Troy.

Breaux is only just now a year out from Tommy John. I think he will go off this summer and then come back and take a rotation spot next year if all goes well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I was hopeful Laloosh would make some strides this year. Not off to a good start
    I'm pretty disappointed with our staff in general in terms of development. It looks like no one has improved much from last year other than the Tommy John guys are healthier and thus better by default. I'm glad the players called Cann out and got that taken care of- they look like a team that hasn't been coached in the offseason. I blame Cann much more for this mess than the players. Baserunning has been terrible. We can pitch and play pretty good defense though- that's going to have to carry this team. The schedule ****s us over almost as much as Cann did. We should never play a weekend series in Hattiesburg- play them there midweek like Ole Miss? That's fine. Play them once in PEARL, Starkville, and Hattiesburg and the most. Or preferably in PEARL and then rotate the campus sites. And playing five SWAC teams should never happen ever. Especially playing Jackson State at Lynch Street Memorial Stadium. There was talk about McQuary possibly redshirting this year but that was obviously just talk. I wish it would have happened- that would have pushed him back into the freshmen class as a group with Ashcraft which would have been nice because our new freshmen class essentially had no high school pitchers in it.

Even if this team wins 36+ we may miss or be seeded low because we didn't give our players any leeway to make up for any RPI losses. Oh - and USM is sitting at RPI 118 right now. Thanks Cann!

vCash
    Henderson deserves a lot of credit for doing what he did with the pitching staff last season, but I am curious to see how things progress as a whole. They walked a ton of guys last year, and outside of Pilk, I'm not seeing much progress so far. At least we have enough arms right now to actually be selective.

Seems like the word last summer was that McQuary didn't want to pitch. Did he pitch in the summer? Maybe that explains the lack of progress.

I'm curious to see where our RPI lands in a couple more weeks after playing all these road games. Yeah, there were some bad teams in there and a couple bad losses, but it shouldn't hurt us too bad. I just hate playing that many games away from home and half of them being neutral site. Seems like a waste of possible RPI value. I say play one "classic" and then the rest be true road games.

vCash
    That Laloosh's problem- he thinks he is a MLB shortstop. He isnt but he could be a MLB pitcher if he would commit.

Million dolla arm- 10 cent head
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Million dolla arm- 10 cent head
    Seems like there's a few of those in our big 3 programs (million dollar talent- 10 cent head)

vCash
    I'm pretty disappointed with our staff in general in terms of development. It looks like no one has improved much from last year other than the Tommy John guys are healthier and thus better by default. I'm glad the players called Cann out and got that taken care of- they look like a team that hasn't been coached in the offseason. I blame Cann much more for this mess than the players. Baserunning has been terrible. We can pitch and play pretty good defense though- that's going to have to carry this team. The schedule ****s us over almost as much as Cann did. We should never play a weekend series in Hattiesburg- play them there midweek like Ole Miss? That's fine. Play them once in PEARL, Starkville, and Hattiesburg and the most. Or preferably in PEARL and then rotate the campus sites. And playing five SWAC teams should never happen ever. Especially playing Jackson State at Lynch Street Memorial Stadium. There was talk about McQuary possibly redshirting this year but that was obviously just talk. I wish it would have happened- that would have pushed him back into the freshmen class as a group with Ashcraft which would have been nice because our new freshmen class essentially had no high school pitchers in it.

Even if this team wins 36+ we may miss or be seeded low because we didn't give our players any leeway to make up for any RPI losses. Oh - and USM is sitting at RPI 118 right now. Thanks Cann!
    I don't mind playing USM in Hattiesburg, no reason to be scared of some competition in baseball. Its just unfortunate that we were the opening series this season after ending their season last year, plus all the crap with Cann. A perfect combination of unfortunate events.

Playing SWAC teams in general besides maybe 1 game is stupid. I feel like we always play too many, and 5 is just ridiculous. There's a million baseball programs in the South that aren't good, but aren't SWAC levels of bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I don't mind playing USM in Hattiesburg, no reason to be scared of some competition in baseball. Its just unfortunate that we were the opening series this season after ending their season last year, plus all the crap with Cann. A perfect combination of unfortunate events.

Playing SWAC teams in general besides maybe 1 game is stupid. I feel like we always play too many, and 5 is just ridiculous. There's a million baseball programs in the South that aren't good, but aren't SWAC levels of bad.
    I'm not scared to play them- if I was scared I wouldn't be OK playing them midweek in Jackson, Starkville or Hattiesburg. But by playing them in Hattiesburg I think it cost us playing them in Jackson this year- and maybe next year too. I want to play them every year in Jackson.

My biggest problem with playing them in Hattiesburg to be perfectly honest is they go completely nuts when we play them- they charge more than it costs to go to some MLB games and try to force our fans to buy season ticket packages. Then they pull crap like they did when they tried to have Polk arrested for arguing with an umpire like that never happens in baseball and then a lot of people don't know this but the reason we haven't played them there in awhile is because they were calling one of our coaches wife's things that were completely out of line. I'll just leave it at that because it was over 10 years ago and it is past time to move forward.

I'm not scared to play them though- we typically beat them whenever we play them and our coach isn't sexting in the dugout.

vCash
    I'm not scared to play them- if I was scared I wouldn't be OK playing them midweek in Jackson, Starkville or Hattiesburg. But by playing them in Hattiesburg I think it cost us playing them in Jackson this year- and maybe next year too. I want to play them every year in Jackson.

My biggest problem with playing them in Hattiesburg to be perfectly honest is they go completely nuts when we play them- they charge more than it costs to go to some MLB games and try to force our fans to buy season ticket packages. Then they pull crap like they did when they tried to have Polk arrested for arguing with an umpire like that never happens in baseball and then a lot of people don't know this but the reason we haven't played them there in awhile is because they were calling one of our coaches wife's things that were completely out of line. I'll just leave it at that because it was over 10 years ago and it is past time to move forward.

I'm not scared to play them though- we typically beat them whenever we play them and our coach isn't sexting in the dugout.
    I didn't intend to phrase that as a shot at you. I like the idea of playing them in non conference where we give them our full attention (usually) rather than having them squeezed in during SEC play. Though I didn't realize they had a tendency to be douchbags going beyond last year's regional.

Banned
    vCash
    We should be able to score some runs, but saw where NMexSt beat MVSU 39-0 in one of their games. Man, that would be hard to do if we threw it underhanded and slow. Hope our mid weekers are ready to slow down some instant offense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I didn't intend to phrase that as a shot at you. I like the idea of playing them in non conference where we give them our full attention (usually) rather than having them squeezed in during SEC play. Though I didn't realize they had a tendency to be douchbags going beyond last year's regional.
    That's what I like about Pearl- we give them our full attention there. Without their douchebaggery.

vCash
    Repeat after me...... MSU should never play USM in Hattiesburg in any sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Repeat after me...... MSU should never play USM in Hattiesburg in any sport.
    Absolutely true, waste of time. We should play Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Tulane in New Orleans, Houston/Rice in Houston, UCLA in LA, or Miami in Coral Gables for recruiting

Playing in Hattiesburg is just stupid, stupid, and Stupid